A VIRUS is taking over my computer RIGHT NOW!, right now i need help. help help |
A VIRUS is taking over my computer RIGHT NOW!, right now i need help. help help |
Oct 25 2007, 08:57 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 3,316 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 37,142 |
Hey so on my desktop My computer is being taken over. Right now i disconnected the internet and i am trying to back up all my data. I dont know what to do because its taking over everything. I downloaded a active x something today and then it just started going off after i restarted.
ALL these adware pop ups started coming up trying to save my computer but then it took over my background on my desktop and its freaking me out. I dunno what to do cause there might be a worm on my computer so i dont want to restart. the only thing i can redo is backup just incase i have to restart my whole thing over. please help what should i do. at this point i just took off my ethernet cable |
|
|
|
![]() |
Oct 25 2007, 10:12 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() :D ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 979 Joined: Apr 2007 Member No: 516,187 |
Go.. and.. GET NEW COMPUTER WITH BETTER PROTECTION!!
I was actually stupid enough to download a fake Video Encoder a website said I needed to view a video. At this point, I recommend you download spybot, to scan, and delete the spyware, use ad-aware as well. You should also try to download the full aol security system, its free, and works pefectly. If all else fails, I recommend you go out to your nearest store, and buy software that will rid you of the trojans/virus/spyware. Ect. And if NONE of that works, GET A NEW COMPUTER! The news macs and vistas have a topnotch security system Ad-aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Spybot http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest....html?tag=lst-1 |
|
|
|
Oct 29 2007, 01:41 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Ne0 Is The One ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,348 Joined: Jun 2004 Member No: 24,349 |
Go.. and.. GET NEW COMPUTER WITH BETTER PROTECTION!! I was actually stupid enough to download a fake Video Encoder a website said I needed to view a video. At this point, I recommend you download spybot, to scan, and delete the spyware, use ad-aware as well. You should also try to download the full aol security system, its free, and works pefectly. If all else fails, I recommend you go out to your nearest store, and buy software that will rid you of the trojans/virus/spyware. Ect. And if NONE of that works, GET A NEW COMPUTER! The news macs and vistas have a topnotch security system Ad-aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Spybot http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest....html?tag=lst-1 DO NOT DOWNLOAD AOL SECURITY SYSTEM. That worst then any spyware I have seen. Not only does AOL lag up your PC, it will use up all ur memory on your pc. If you install it, go to task manager. You see a bunch of AOL stuff running such as Coach and Such. Yes, get Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy. Also if you want to be safe, download Hijackthis, run it. Click on the first tab (Do a system scan and save a logfile). Post the logfile here and I will review it to see if their anything left. You don't have to pay for spyware software. I don't. Spybot, Adaware and other software like AVG does work if you use it right. However, that doesn't mean your 100% safe. they all don't detect EVERYTHING out their. I know from experience as a IT consultant for a IT management company. |
|
|
|
pandamonium A VIRUS is taking over my computer RIGHT NOW! Oct 25 2007, 08:57 PM
false Omnomnomnom Oct 25 2007, 11:20 PM
pandamonium okay i downloaded like 7 adware and spyware removi... Oct 26 2007, 12:07 AM
Steven yup Oct 26 2007, 12:24 AM
madgamer omgs>.<!@ Oct 26 2007, 12:26 AM
pandamonium it wasnt a reformat. it was a system restore only ... Oct 26 2007, 12:50 AM![]() ![]() |