Log In · Register

 
Winstall.exe - helpp!!, pc help
alisaselez
post Dec 16 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #1


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 488,053



Hi everebody
My computer was infected with a trojan virus today, from a link from someone on msn messenger. I ran AVG Free and the virus went to the vault, which i have deleted and all seems to be running fine now. however, i've had to vault it three times. when I restart, the virus seems to reappear. but my computer is running fine.

but...

there is an icon on my desktop titled winstall.exe which when scanned doesn't contain a virus, but I have just had a quick scan thru some stuff on the internet and get the idea that its a nasty little program that lets other nasty stuff infect my computer I can't delete it, and in fact, am not sure if this is accurate and am a little worried its an important windows file i shouldnt be deleting at all.

I've now installed Avira Antivir as well, as a double up safety precaution, but no spyware detection programs as yet (I'm not even sure if I'm wording that correctly..)

help??
Thank you
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
think!IMAGINARIL...
post Dec 16 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #2


.
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,264
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 761



This belongs in Technology. _smile.gif
winstall.exe is spyware. You're going to have to download something to delete it.

There are some free malware removal programs here:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158585


And next time, don't click on a link that you're not familiar with. Hover over it to see what it is first.
 

Posts in this topic
alisaselez   Winstall.exe - helpp!!   Dec 16 2006, 06:35 AM
rawr SOCK   This belongs in Technology. winstall.exe is spywa...   Dec 16 2006, 06:44 AM
magicfann   reformat   Dec 16 2006, 12:42 PM
T0rmented_Soul   go download spybot search and destroy. and your go...   Dec 16 2006, 02:09 PM
MasterNe0   reformat is the last thing I would do. Download s...   Dec 21 2006, 12:40 AM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: