Always pick the hot friends..., ... |
Always pick the hot friends..., ... |
Sep 21 2006, 09:32 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Oh Goddamnit. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 711 Joined: Sep 2004 Member No: 46,884 |
All my guy friends are always talking about and drooling over either my friend Katie or Sam or Jordyn. I've been told I'm average looking. I dunno I'm more of a friend to them but I don't know how to act flirty or anything. It's really starting to bother me. I have depression and all this just makes me feel worse. It makes me feel ugly. It's like, why even bother to do my hair/makeup in the morning if I'm ugly anyways? Nobodys ever drooled over me...
Sorry this turned into more of a rant but the question is; how do I act more flirty and stuff with my guy friends? Also, how do I keep my confidence up? |
|
|
|
![]() |
Nov 6 2006, 10:23 AM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 18 Joined: Nov 2006 Member No: 478,106 |
I know exactly how you feel and im gonna try my best to help (excuse the rant plz it has good intention). I had these exact same issues from a guy perspective in high school except now im 21 and in uni, the roles have been reversed for me so I feel I know alot about this problem + ive suffered depression in the past.
I know exactly how you feel and im gonna try my best to help (excuse the rant plz it has good intention). I had these exact same issues from a guy perspective in high school except now im 21 and in uni, the roles have been reversed for me so I feel I know alot about this problem + ive suffered depression in the past. Somtimes when you just get glossed over you feel the victim of a superficial world, and in a cloud of hurt you just wanna cry and drown at the same time. The world is a nasty place and people value you often on nothing more that looks.This is a reality and it will probably hurt for a while yet, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. The other side is not what you think. As you get older you will see beautiful people and their superficial world as the ugly thing it truly is...you need to transcende this and recognise it for its failures as well as its allure. your friends are being drooled over by men as sexual objects and nothing more....I know the types of men they are and u dont wanna know them..honestly. One thing that often comes with beauty is self absorbsion. I talk to beautifull girls often and they now cease to interest me almost always...they offer little more than looks because this is all men have ever expected of them. One Girl at my uni who im gonna ask out (and is about 8 outa 10 pretty ill admit) but the thing that attracts me is her genuiness, her attitude and care to all those around her. You can be more than looks yes, and many men will not recognise this but these men are after little in life and not worth your time... Your friends are beautifull, and perhaps to some, more so than you, but the men that count should see more than just the surface. The depth of the ocean beside a mere puddle, these are the men who see beauty for what it is and looks for what they are not. Perhaps the deepest connection and trust in a relationship is formed in transcending what is in my opinion an ugly world. For me True love is building a wall together to block the allure of the false promises of beauty... with room just for two to look down at those below. |
|
|
|
misskentucky Always pick the hot friends... Sep 21 2006, 09:32 PM
Trinie just be yourself. don't be try tos someone you... Sep 21 2006, 09:57 PM
Spiritual Winged Aura people who are naturally attractive always wins. Y... Sep 21 2006, 09:58 PM
Trinie QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Sep 21 2006, 6... Sep 24 2006, 12:20 PM
iROCKYOURSOCKS QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Sep 21 2006, 9... Nov 6 2006, 09:32 PM
a painefull euphoria QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Sep 21 2006, 8... Nov 22 2006, 06:57 AM
minixchopstix Yeah, and who cares about looking hot. It's wh... Sep 21 2006, 10:11 PM
_sarcastic_ they are drooling over your girl friends, but it d... Sep 22 2006, 01:40 AM
Uronacid Alright, think of your friends as A-hole filters. ... Sep 22 2006, 08:41 AM
Zatanna QUOTE(misskentucky @ Sep 21 2006, 10:32 P... Sep 24 2006, 12:40 PM
.Hakalu being drooled over shouldn't be a main priorit... Sep 30 2006, 01:38 AM
**Lucy* Oh,dear, don't worry! your guy friends don... Sep 30 2006, 05:23 AM
hixfive beauty is in the eye of the beholder
maybe..make t... Nov 6 2006, 04:03 PM
funk.this Drool = not cool. Especially when it's all ov... Nov 6 2006, 04:23 PM
minioligo Actually, I'm pretty much in the same situatio... Nov 6 2006, 11:42 PM
boo! grr... god confidence is like the main thing to have. i... Nov 7 2006, 01:36 AM![]() ![]() |