Log In · Register

 
font thingies
lovescream
post Oct 28 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #1


define our lives for us.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 11,656
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 43,293



Ummmmm.. okay this is weird, but I got a new comp and all the fonts look a bit different.


My arial used to look like:

But now it's like:



Is it possible to change it the way it was? Or is it part of the system and it's not changeable? :[
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
Simba
post Oct 28 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #2


Photoartist
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,363
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 399,390



Hm, I guess it's supposed to be smoother than before. On my pocket PC it's called ClearType and it makes the characters smoother. Not so sure if it's the same thing on computers. You might be able to change, I'm not sure, I've never bothered with it.
 
lovescream
post Oct 28 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #3


define our lives for us.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 11,656
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 43,293



QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Oct 28 2006, 7:39 PM) *
Hm, I guess it's supposed to be smoother than before. On my pocket PC it's called ClearType and it makes the characters smoother. Not so sure if it's the same thing on computers. You might be able to change, I'm not sure, I've never bothered with it.

Hm. That does sound reasonable. Can you elaborate on what that is o_o? Or what it is.. where it is at? XD
As you can see, I am a total noob.
 
*mipadi*
post Oct 29 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #4





Guest






QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 29 2006, 12:45 AM) *
Hm. That does sound reasonable. Can you elaborate on what that is o_o? Or what it is.. where it is at? XD
As you can see, I am a total noob.

Look under Properties > Appearanced > Advanced... (I think—it's somewhere in there. I'm not on Windows now so I can't check, but that's the rough idea.) There'll be something about font smoothing that you can turn off.
 

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: