Log In · Register

 
DIV Layout Problem (browser related), layout looks different in IE and firefox
wicked_pennywise
post Jul 23 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 156,341



Ok, my new div layout that I'm working is coming along great except for one small thing. The div's that I used to put text in all look great in IE...their positioning is spot on in my browser at least. In firefox, they're either 1 or 2 pixels off placement or they're too for the area I designed for them. Does anyone know why they look different in two browsers?
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
freeflow
post Jul 23 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #2


t-t-t-toyaaa
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 19,821
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,270



Try not to use margins and percents. That seems to keep them aligned in both browsers for me.
my myspace. I do this:

.divnameofyourchoice{
position: absolute;
left: #px;
top: #px;
width: #px;
height: #px;
z-index: #;
}

<div class="divnameofyourchoice">

stuff stuff

</div>

Try that out for one of yours and see if it aligns the same in both.
 

Posts in this topic


Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: