DIV Layout Problem (browser related), layout looks different in IE and firefox |
DIV Layout Problem (browser related), layout looks different in IE and firefox |
Jul 23 2006, 01:07 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 125 Joined: Jun 2005 Member No: 156,341 |
Ok, my new div layout that I'm working is coming along great except for one small thing. The div's that I used to put text in all look great in IE...their positioning is spot on in my browser at least. In firefox, they're either 1 or 2 pixels off placement or they're too for the area I designed for them. Does anyone know why they look different in two browsers?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 23 2006, 02:18 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 125 Joined: Jun 2005 Member No: 156,341 |
ok here's an example of one of my divs...first the style sheet part which is in the about me section
.movies{ left:50%; margin-left:-416px; top:-005px; position:absolute; height:155px; width:351px; z-index:2; } then the actual div and it's content <div class="movies"><div style="width: 155px; height: 351px; background-color: transparent; color: FFFFFF; font-family: times new roman; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; overflow: none; padding: 4px;">     I’m what some would call a “movie buff.” I love movies, and I’ve definitely seen my fair share over the years. I’ll basically watch anything as long as the plot interests me. However, horror movies are my favorite films to watch. It doesn't matter if it's a mainstream or even a low-budget film. If it's horror, I'll watch it at least once.<br>     Don't get the impression that I'm all about the blood and guts, though. Some of my favorite films are dramas; The Outsiders, Home Room, Boy's Don't Cry, Rocky, Donnie Darko, The Crow, etc. There's even some romances and comedies that I like too (Titanic, Notebook, American Pie, etc). </div> |
|
|
|
wicked_pennywise DIV Layout Problem (browser related) Jul 23 2006, 01:07 PM
toyo loco Post a code to one of your divs. It happens becau... Jul 23 2006, 01:09 PM
toyo loco Try not to use margins and percents. That seems to... Jul 23 2006, 02:31 PM
wicked_pennywise so basically instead of having it say "margin... Jul 23 2006, 06:59 PM
toyo loco Yea and get rid of left:#%; Get rid of percents an... Jul 23 2006, 07:39 PM
wicked_pennywise that didnt work. it's still misaligned in fir... Jul 25 2006, 01:58 AM
toyo loco You know you have to realign it when you change it... Jul 25 2006, 03:46 AM
wicked_pennywise This first piece is the header that i designed for... Jul 26 2006, 11:10 AM
toyo loco Because of this:
top:-001px;
Use actual numbers. ... Jul 26 2006, 12:50 PM
wicked_pennywise tried that. the add is still out of place on my h... Jul 26 2006, 03:54 PM![]() ![]() |