best man speech |
best man speech |
Dec 9 2005, 09:23 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
CHYEAAHHH MAN ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,255 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 168,013 |
I'm not sure where this goes so mods feel free to move this.
My brother is getting married in a month. I knew beforehand that I was the best man, but I didn't know that there was a speech involved and I am terrible with speeches. My brother and I aren't very close and never have been, and I have the same relationship with his fiance. I am going in circles on what to write because although we aren't very close, I still want to show that I care and that I put effort into this. All I have right now is a basic introduction and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to contribute that I could add on. Here's my intro: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Kevin and I am the bestman. First and foremost, I would lik to thank all of you for comming here tonight and I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. I would also like to thank William and Kate for giving me this honor. I'm stuck there.. |
|
|
|
![]() |
Dec 10 2005, 12:17 AM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() <:3 )~~ squeak ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 8,365 Joined: Jan 2005 Member No: 79,058 |
I agree with everyone up there, but i have a small criticism about your intro...
you shouldn't say "im the bestman," kind of redundant i must say. good luck! |
|
|
|
| *incoherent* |
Dec 10 2005, 12:20 AM
Post
#3
|
|
Guest |
QUOTE(robb0 @ Dec 9 2005, 11:17 PM) yeah...say something like im kevin and i just thought id give a few words and a toast. i know a lot of people that make it a toast.
|
|
|
|
Dec 10 2005, 04:47 AM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
QUOTE(incoherent @ Dec 10 2005, 1:20 PM) yeah...say something like im kevin and i just thought id give a few words and a toast. i know a lot of people that make it a toast. exactly. and maybe you should tell a funny story about something that happened in your childhood, and then progress to something about him now and his fiance and conclude with something relating to "best of luck to the groom and his bride" but not in those words of course. |
|
|
|
Lo Mein best man speech Dec 9 2005, 09:23 PM
mzkandi Moved to Relationships Dec 9 2005, 09:29 PM
Lizzz. heyy kevin . havent seen you in a while.
tell a s... Dec 9 2005, 09:30 PM
K!$$ ^ yesyes tell a story. Then make a good conclusio... Dec 9 2005, 09:43 PM
_sarcastic_ ^ agreed. tell a funny story of the both of you th... Dec 9 2005, 10:10 PM
andromeda_90 QUOTE(_sarcastic_ @ Dec 9 2005, 10:10 PM)^ ag... Dec 9 2005, 11:38 PM
BrandonSaunders I've given a bestman speech before and the bes... Dec 10 2005, 10:52 AM![]() ![]() |