Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

sunglass girl, vexel in progress
violini
post Oct 26 2005, 08:37 AM
Post #1


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



Finished Product:
happy.gif I especially like the ear



oh and I forgot to mention that the image is from vogued.nu/starway biggrin.gif






UPDATE:

almost done!





I think I like how this is coming out, especially the hair, any advice??

biggrin.gif

 
 
Start new topic
Replies
*mona lisa*
post Oct 26 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #2





Guest






I think it's pretty good so far. What you need is more layers on the skin. There is too much contrast. Your shapes are a bit choppy; try to make them more smoother. Even though the image is pretty, this is a bad image to vexel because the shadows on the right side of her face mess you up badly. Don't forget to do the other side of the top lip. :)
 
violini
post Oct 26 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #3


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



QUOTE(mona lisa @ Oct 26 2005, 6:50 PM)
I think it's pretty good so far. What you need is more layers on the skin. There is too much contrast. Your shapes are a bit choppy; try to make them more smoother. Even though the image is pretty, this is a bad image to vexel because the shadows on the right side of her face mess you up badly. Don't forget to do the other side of the top lip. :)
*


about the top, lip well I can't see it in the picture so I'm not totally sure what to do about that pinch.gif and thanks! I'll definitely add more layers _smile.gif
 
*mona lisa*
post Oct 26 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #4





Guest






QUOTE(violini @ Oct 26 2005, 8:17 PM)
about the top, lip well I can't see it in the picture so I'm not totally sure what to do about that pinch.gif  and thanks! I'll definitely add more layers _smile.gif
*

But that would just look really awkward. Finish the lip and make it a darker shade to show that it is shadowed. But transition one color to the next by using a gradient so it doesn't look bad side by side.
 

Posts in this topic
violini   sunglass girl   Oct 26 2005, 08:37 AM
yanners   oh wow. i really like it even though it's not...   Oct 26 2005, 08:40 AM
underworld457   looks good so far.   Oct 26 2005, 12:06 PM
o0olaalaa   i love her sunglasses =)   Oct 26 2005, 02:33 PM
stephinika   wow, that looks so awesome so far! i can't...   Oct 26 2005, 03:19 PM
mzkandi   Looks good and I love those sunglasses   Oct 26 2005, 03:37 PM
moorepocket   make edges more curve.   Oct 26 2005, 03:37 PM
Kristinaa   can i give a bit of CC? I think for the skin..you...   Oct 26 2005, 05:45 PM
violini   I updated! unfortunately it's not much cur...   Oct 26 2005, 06:06 PM
mona lisa   I think it's pretty good so far. What you need...   Oct 26 2005, 06:50 PM
violini   QUOTE(mona lisa @ Oct 26 2005, 6:50 PM)I thin...   Oct 26 2005, 07:17 PM
mona lisa   QUOTE(violini @ Oct 26 2005, 8:17 PM)about th...   Oct 26 2005, 07:53 PM
OhXiet_ItzDonnA   It looks pretty good so far. Lovin the sunglasses...   Oct 26 2005, 07:36 PM
oX_Muh_Nirvana_Xo   O man it looks like its going good keep up all the...   Oct 26 2005, 07:40 PM
mizz_americaz   juss do it by eye [the top lip] lol you know what...   Oct 26 2005, 07:56 PM
KissMe2408   Hey! looking good! I really like the idea...   Oct 26 2005, 07:57 PM
peggysturr   GOODNESS your vexel is so realistic and this is a ...   Oct 26 2005, 10:59 PM
insomniac   its pretty good. definitely add more layers. and ...   Oct 26 2005, 11:11 PM
violini   check out the update guys! i'm finally don...   Oct 28 2005, 07:57 PM
ecargnmyst   i love the glasses!   Oct 28 2005, 08:25 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: