Log In · Register

 
Music Theory
PinkTrash
post Jul 7 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #1


lick me
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,044
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 44,013



Does anybody take music theory for instruments that they plan? For example.. Rudiments, Harmony, History, Counterpoint, Analysis etc;? Maybe its different in other countries {Im from Canada..} but some of these are mandatory for some instrument grade certificates.

Im currently in grade 8 piano and I just passed rudiments II and Im taking harmony 3 & history 3..
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
xsweetxcandyx
post Jul 7 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #2


je suis une noix de coco <33
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,242
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 62,768



i;m taking AP ,usic theory next year...

i heard its hard
 
*mipadi*
post Jul 8 2005, 07:30 AM
Post #3





Guest






QUOTE(xsweetxcandyx @ Jul 7 2005, 11:35 PM)
i;m taking AP ,usic theory next year...

i heard its hard
*

I took AP Music Theory. The class itself isn't hard, but I hear the AP test is really difficult. I didn't take the AP test.
 
*Azarel*
post Jul 8 2005, 07:32 AM
Post #4





Guest






QUOTE(mipadi @ Jul 8 2005, 5:30 AM)
I took AP Music Theory. The class itself isn't hard, but I hear the AP test is really difficult. I didn't take the AP test.
Since all classes are taught differently by different people, it's inaccurate to really guage APs by the actual class rather than the AP exam.
 

Posts in this topic
PinkTrash   Music Theory   Jul 7 2005, 04:13 PM
Azarel   Uh, I took piano theory for years, but it wasn...   Jul 7 2005, 04:17 PM
jennypie   yeah i went through all the harmony and history fu...   Jul 7 2005, 05:24 PM
mipadi   I took music theory, but it wasn't for a speci...   Jul 7 2005, 05:37 PM
danielle_x3   yup, i took music theory for piano. still do   Jul 7 2005, 07:16 PM
i heart john   danielle_x3, you're really pretty. [/end rand...   Jul 7 2005, 08:22 PM
laxumaster8   take music theory for piano....dont like it, but i...   Jul 7 2005, 08:23 PM
PinkTrash   Everyone works under different systems Harmony...   Jul 7 2005, 09:24 PM
jennypie   QUOTE(PinkTrash @ Jul 7 2005, 9:24 PM)Everyon...   Jul 9 2005, 09:37 PM
Days Nearly Over   Urgh, I really do need to take Harmony.   Jul 7 2005, 09:51 PM
lillyakraze   yup take theory for piano.. haven't done grade...   Jul 7 2005, 10:31 PM
xsweetxcandyx   i;m taking AP ,usic theory next year... i heard i...   Jul 7 2005, 10:35 PM
Azarel   QUOTE(xsweetxcandyx @ Jul 7 2005, 8:35 PM)i;m...   Jul 7 2005, 10:53 PM
mipadi   QUOTE(xsweetxcandyx @ Jul 7 2005, 11:35 PM)i;...   Jul 8 2005, 07:30 AM
Azarel   QUOTE(mipadi @ Jul 8 2005, 5:30 AM)I took AP ...   Jul 8 2005, 07:32 AM
JlIaTMK   >_< I don't really understand why this ...   Jul 7 2005, 10:58 PM
russell2212   I signed up for this course next year (my junior y...   Jul 7 2005, 11:19 PM
PinkTrash   There's no music theory at my high school at a...   Jul 7 2005, 11:45 PM
Maestro   I take summer classes at a local University. I...   Jul 8 2005, 08:09 AM
tcunningham1589   I play piano, been playing since i was in the firs...   Jul 8 2005, 08:12 AM
xiMiJix   ive took Music Theory Last Year .....and it boyy w...   Jul 8 2005, 09:16 AM
rockstermonkey   I had to take music theory for like 6 years, then ...   Jul 8 2005, 10:10 PM
RiC3xBoy   never took an actualy class, but i decided to lear...   Jul 8 2005, 10:36 PM
x_far_x   Took theory for guitar, and it's actually help...   Jul 8 2005, 11:05 PM
PinkTrash   yeah, same. All i hear through my head all day is ...   Jul 9 2005, 12:22 AM
barelyy_coherent   I took the RCM History 3 exam just recently...care...   Jul 9 2005, 12:46 AM
Azarel   QUOTE(barelyy_coherent @ Jul 8 2005, 10:46 PM...   Jul 9 2005, 12:49 AM
MarilynMonroe   No, we nothing of the sort. The only music classes...   Jul 9 2005, 09:48 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: