Log In · Register

 
Avril Lavigne Engaged to Sum 41 Frontman
aznxdarkricex
post Jun 28 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #1


there's no excuse at all...
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 1,520



Avril Lavigne Engaged to Sum 41 Frontman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun 27, 11:44 PM (ET)
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Canadian singer Avril Lavigne is reportedly marrying a fellow songsmith.

Us Weekly says the 20-year-old is engaged to marry Deryck Whibley, the frontman for the punk-pop group Sum 41.

Lavigne, 20, began dating the 25-year-old musician in early 2004. They had been friends for several years before that, the magazine said.

Whibley and Lavigne both hail from the same province in Canada - Ontario - and reportedly bought a home together in Los Angeles last year.

Us Weekly reported that Whibley proposed over the weekend while Lavigne was finishing up the European leg of her tour. Publicists for both musicians confirmed the engagement to the magazine.


http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0605/238935.html
 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 56)
Looow
post Jun 28 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #2


Senior Member
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 4,799
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 37,450



Wow. I don't know why but I can't imagine Avril married. =/
 
*mzkandi*
post Jun 28 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #3





Guest






....and hopefully they will live happily ever after....
 
sadolakced acid
post Jun 28 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #4


dripping destruction
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,282
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,929



QUOTE
The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

(to prove how annoying flood control is, i'm quoting it every time i get it.


i like sum 41, at least chuck (haven't heard thier other albums yet).

i like avril lavigne. (yes i do. who gives a shit if she's fake or not- her music's good. )

hmm. it would be quite funny if they start doing 'featurings' like seether and amy lee...

like...

_____, by sum 41 ft. avril lavigne.

that would rock.
rolleyes.gif
 
lovescream
post Jun 28 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #5


define our lives for us.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 11,656
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 43,293



Avril.. getting.. married is just.. mellow.gif wow.
 
teeners4
post Jun 28 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #6


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,087
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 36,491



im happy for her....yet i cant really imagine it whistling.gif
 
biglamchops
post Jun 28 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #7


biglamchops
****

Group: Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 149,977



awww....but she was supposed to marry me....ah well.
 
toodlepops.
post Jun 28 2005, 01:48 AM
Post #8


boo
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 5,512
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 71,765



^Nice to know.
I can't imagine Avril getting married. Whoaa
 
misoshiru
post Jun 28 2005, 04:58 AM
Post #9


yan lin♥
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,129
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 13,627



O_O i cant see avril married.
 
KMFDM_MDFMK
post Jun 28 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #10


worship me or i'll stab you
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 122,634



I always thought Avril was a slut. Wow. Interesting.
 
*jooleeah*
post Jun 28 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #11





Guest






Hahahaha.

Am I the only one who thinks this is amusing?

Maybe I should be nicer. _unsure.gif Well, congrats to her....
 
ILuvBillieJoeA.
post Jun 28 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #12


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 160,607



ok........is she really? that's weird...&...scary. i can't c her getting married either.
 
Jorge
post Jun 28 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #13


katie fox is love.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 5,798



This sucks, I liked them since uh there first album?

Now they've gone emo & I can't believe he's getting married to Avril.
 
iZnEedSuMcOkE
post Jun 28 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #14


i'm his cookies&cream monster!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 274
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 18,664



heh ..i just read this on yahoo and i was like O.O
 
ApocalypseAelis
post Jun 28 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #15


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 893
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 68,217



I loathe Lavigne but I like Sum 41.



Noooooooooooooo. Arghhhhh.
 
technicolour
post Jun 28 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #16


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



I wonder if she's going to write cheese love songs or how guys [still] suck. blink.gif that would be interesting to know.
 
xXirockhardXx
post Jun 28 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #17


This is all my luck, it's all I got.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,373
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 76,532



I read that this morning. I was like WOW! But yeah their an ok couple.
 
BrokenDream
post Jun 28 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #18


<33
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,745
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,234



I am happy for her. She may not seem the kind of person that gets married, but you guys can't judge that.
 
emazing
post Jun 28 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #19


What a hypocrite.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,754
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 128,150



I can't imagine her getting engaged, more or less married.
Ohwell, at least they have share some interests. _unsure.gif
 
iheartjohn
post Jun 28 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #20


yerp!
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,489
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 66,454



Well, that's good for her.
 
DanielleMaria05
post Jun 28 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #21


Class of 2005!!!
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,132
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 93,080



That so weird hearing that she is engaged. I mean, I just wonder how long it is going to last. They already have a house and everything..
 
5ayuri
post Jun 28 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #22


Too slow.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,730
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 108,320



Next thing you know she's pregnant too.
 
*RockizLife*
post Jun 28 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #23





Guest






NoooOoOOOOOooOOoo!!!!!!! I wanted to marry Avril! cry.gif
 
*lolita kitty*
post Jun 28 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #24





Guest






are you serious?
i just cant picture her getting married. i dunno.
she seemed like this single rocker chick.
well, hopefully she stays happy ^_^;;
 
yummy_delight
post Jun 28 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #25


Lauren loves YOU.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,357
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 32,793



i simply can NOT picture her in a wedding dress... or being married.

and she's 20??? i thought she was around 16 or 17. probably because she still looks/sings/talks like a teenager.
 
Xx majuni xX
post Jun 28 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #26


bang bang!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 22,422



i don't like avril but i'll say it anyways...
good job!
i only like sum 41's new album chuck...the rest suck [don't kill me].
at least she's not marrying that big head guy...cone or whatever...he's cooler then...the frontman...deryck or w/e his name is.
 
b0st0ngrl
post Jun 28 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #27


No Day But Today.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,405
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,184



I wonder what her wedding dress will look like.. laugh.gif lol
 
FailedSense
post Jun 28 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #28


wings turned to ashes
****

Group: Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 146,950



I find the comment of Sum 41 going emo to be hilarious.

And if they wish to be married, so be it. *shrug*
 
xsweetxcandyx
post Jun 28 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #29


je suis une noix de coco <33
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,242
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 62,768



NO!!!!!!!!
that can't happen
i don't want APRIL to ruin them
=[
 
glit_gal
post Jun 28 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #30


hi
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,478
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 14,897



^ don't you mean Avril?

yeah and I read she wants to have kids...now that I cannot imagine.
 
PrincessDani91
post Jun 28 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #31


PRiNCESSxDANi91
***

Group: Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 108,101



It's like Paris Hilton getting married I just can't imagine them being married for a long time maybe about a year or two but I doubt anything more.
 
Paradox of Life
post Jun 28 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #32


My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,826
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 93,674



Gawd. I hate that slut in denial and it's such a shame that Derick's going to marry her. WHAT IS GOING ON IN HIS MIND? crazy.gif
 
angelrevelation
post Jun 28 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #33


You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 5,030
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 54,096



hmm i wonder what her wedding dress is gonna look like... i can't imagine her in a long white dress blink.gif lol but i'm happy for her _smile.gif
 
*reflection*
post Jun 28 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #34





Guest






i can't picture her being married
 
*xcaitlinx*
post Jun 28 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #35





Guest






so much for her happy ending...

wow. that was lame.



anyway...

NOOOOO!! i don't want that scum of the earth to marry him! cry.gif
 
JlIaTMK
post Jun 29 2005, 01:42 PM
Post #36


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 7,048
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 22,696



Oh, oh yes.

I remember seeing so on MTV during a commercial or whatever they call their news.

Hrm. Not [too] surprised. There's just that little unannounced shock.
 
heyyfrankie
post Jun 29 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #37


This bitch better work!
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 13,681
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 28,095



i agree. it would be weird if she were married. she seems like the type that would never be commited. rofl laugh.gif

i guess they make an alright couple. <.<;
 
*x____duckii*
post Jun 29 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #38





Guest






Weren't they engaged long ago?

Anyways... good for Avril??
 
PurchasedRebelli...
post Jun 29 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #39


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 57,463



Like most of you, I can't imagine Avril being married.
 
DeeDeeRamone
post Jun 29 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #40


acerbic heart.
*

Group: Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 159,211



wow, i use to love avril, who cares if she's fake or not. they are so cute together. i thought avril wouldn't be married for a few years or so. wow. good luck avril!
 
mocassinsx29
post Jun 29 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #41


mood: content
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,063
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 42,325



I've heard rumors on and off, finally things have been cleared up.

Edit-
Wow, Avril Lavigne a wife. It's hard to imagine now that I think about it.
I wonder if she'll have kids.
 
gOODpIRATE
post Jun 29 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #42


un cool.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 125,269



thats pretty crazy, i didn't even know that their relationship was that serious.
 
*chaneun*
post Jun 29 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #43





Guest






NOOOOOOOOO DERYCK IS GOING TO GET MARRIED!
Oh well.
 
dahding
post Jun 29 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #44


whaaaaaaat?
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,293
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 16,660



excuse me while i go find the cyanide.

ugh, that's just wrong. avril = poser beyond reason. die ye wicked fiend die.
 
angel-roh
post Jun 29 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #45


i'm susan
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 13,875
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 5,029



I thought you said he is 41 and I almost laughed histerically. Anyways, yeah I found this out at the headlines new in the bottom of MTV. I thought it was a joke, but this is for real. Interesting.

That's cute. They are very cute together. But she's too young to get married.
 
sweetabandon
post Jul 1 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #46


sweet abandon
****

Group: Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 131,225



i dunno... she irritates me. this news is a real shocker tho. maybe i'm just jealous of her cuz my boyfriend thinks she's hot. bleh.

bleh.. i say.. bleh to their marriage.
 
*paul murphy*
post Jul 1 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #47





Guest






QUOTE(x uHoH iTs Lo x @ Jun 28 2005, 12:37 AM)
Wow. I don't know why but I can't imagine Avril married. =/
*


Yea

and I didn't know that she was 20.
 
sharerol
post Jul 1 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #48


that heaven is overrated
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 5,096
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 53,124



Hm, well Avril doesn't really seem like marrying type to me right now, but hey, it's their relationship and their decision to get married, so good luck to them. *Shrug*
 
Kenado
post Jul 1 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #49


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,551
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 102,857



hmmmm starnge I hared this in 89x
 
gotahemmi55
post Jul 1 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #50


Rock Music Enthusiast
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 160,803



i'm not surprised that she's marrying derrick from Sum 41. He's like Wilmer Valderamma, always going out with the hottest chicks, haha.

Plus I loved Sum 41's new cd, so good luck to both of them
 
yuna*
post Jul 1 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #51


ART is everything.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 45,166



they look like the perfect match
 
enyceXaddiction
post Jul 1 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #52


memories live FOREVER<3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,150
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 132,793



eh i never really liked her anyways
 
sheepy
post Jul 1 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #53


dizzy me up.
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,191
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,139



er wow.. yeah i cant imagine her gettng married..
 
MarilynMonroe
post Jul 2 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #54


We'll leave this town in ruin.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 56,162



I think it's really cute.
But she seems awfully young. She doesn't really act 20.
 
sadolakced acid
post Jul 2 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #55


dripping destruction
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,282
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,929



what's really nauseating is hillary duff going out with the good charlotte frontman.

well, at least they're both fake and marketing to 12 year olds.
 
jr0h
post Jul 2 2005, 04:18 AM
Post #56


Oh you'd be surprised
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,406
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,886



i cant imagine avril married either. it's seriously something i could never put a vision to. but yeah i wonder how their marriage is gona turn out.
 
rx_azngirl
post Jul 2 2005, 05:46 PM
Post #57


GEt You DRUNK
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 32,417



Even though I dont' really like Avril, I'm still happy for ya!
 

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: