Log In · Register

 
Blocking search Engines
miiszxclassiic
post Aug 9 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 541,260



How do I block search engines like google and yahoo from displaying my site and all of my information when someone types in my name or something? I'm trying to keep my site from being found by nosey people that I know that have nothing better to do.
I've tried a robot.txt file and put this:
CODE
User-agent: * Disallow: /


and I've used this code on my page:
CODE

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">


and still when I search my name or something, my site and all of my information shows up. So it's not working unless there is somthing I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by themarkster: Aug 10 2007, 12:22 AM
Reason for edit: Fixed the title. :D
 
 
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
miiszxclassiic
post Aug 10 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 541,260



ok thanks I will try that
 
YourSuperior
post Aug 10 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #3


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



Just PM me if you need this reopened. _smile.gif

Topic Closed
Reason for edit: Topic Re-opened @ 10:55 PM.
 
miiszxclassiic
post Aug 10 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #4


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 541,260



I found the places to contact google and yahoo just incase anyone else was wondering how to block search engines from displaying your site.

Google: http://www.zhongg.com/guides/how-to-easily...m-google-cache/

Yahoo: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/search_support.html

You need to have accounts there
 
YourSuperior
post Aug 10 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #5


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



Topic Closed By Request _smile.gif
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: