Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Layout
YourSuperior
post Apr 21 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #1


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



What can I do to improve this? It's a layout for my personal blog.



New Version:


New Version2:
 
 
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
phoenixpyre
post Apr 21 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 793
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 425,250



i LIKE it!
 
*The Markster*
post Apr 22 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #3





Guest






Hmm. Maybe add some more pictures and colors and brushes. And maybe change the "Fantastique" font to a much less common one. _smile.gif
 
freeflow
post Apr 22 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #4


t-t-t-toyaaa
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 19,821
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,270



^ I agree. Try experimenting with more colors and brushes. Theres a lot of colors you can use. I also think that for the brushes over her face, maybe lower the opacity or choose a different one, because the dark ones look weird. Maybe some more texture/grundge-ish type brushes will give off more to it. But use more color as well. The brush color blends in with everything but the images , so I would say take some color off of that. Otherwise not bad.
 
YourSuperior
post Apr 22 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #5


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



I added 2 new versions, please critique.
 
Mulder
post Apr 22 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #6


i lost weight with Mulder!
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,070
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 79,019



the 2nd version is nice, except for those texture brushes over everything. more colors = much better. The font for fantastique is.....eh. I think you could use a better font.

otherwise, good job.
 
misoshiru
post Apr 22 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #7


yan lin♥
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,129
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 13,627



I like the first version more. There's more colors, and the font you're currently using for 'fantastique' doesn't go with the whole layout.
 
YourSuperior
post Apr 23 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #8


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



Thanks for the critique and comments!
 
moorepocket
post Apr 23 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #9


Death is a promise given to us at birth
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,757
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,459



the second is nice for me. The texture of the new one, make her looks scale-y.
 
*StanleyThePanda*
post Apr 23 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #10





Guest






Looks pretty good, I like the 2nd one the best. You should definitely change the font for your site name though. It doesn't look very good with the rest of the layout. _smile.gif
 
Relentless
post Apr 24 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #11


sang loves hayden.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 3,373
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 5,687



I like the new one. Not the new V.2 looks awkward.
 
phoenixpyre
post Apr 24 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #12


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 793
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 425,250



the overlay on the faces is a tad much on the second one

WOW Alvin, you've really progressed
 
YourSuperior
post Apr 24 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #13


;)
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,573
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 99,124



QUOTE(moorepocket* @ Apr 23 2007, 11:01 PM) *
the second is nice for me. The texture of the new one, make her looks scale-y.

Thank you for your help, comments & critique.


QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ Apr 23 2007, 11:04 PM) *
Looks pretty good, I like the 2nd one the best. You should definitely change the font for your site name though. It doesn't look very good with the rest of the layout. _smile.gif

Thanks Kara. What font do you suggest I use?


QUOTE(Ralph501 @ Apr 24 2007, 1:05 AM) *
I like the new one. Not the new V.2 looks awkward.

Thank you. _smile.gif


QUOTE(phoenixpyre @ Apr 24 2007, 3:37 PM) *
the overlay on the faces is a tad much on the second one

WOW Alvin, you've really progressed

MATT!!!
I haven't talked to you in so long, but anyway....
Thanks, I've been practicing and practicing, trying to improve and I've actually learned to accept critique and suggestions better than I used to. So which one do you like the best?
 
Stefanny
post Apr 27 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #14


chinky
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,566
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,437



I really like the tone/saturation of the first one, though the colors of the second are really nice.
 
Chicago
post May 8 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #15


1 2 3 4 5 6
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 788
Joined: May 2007
Member No: 522,043



favorite = new version 0.1
 
Blaqheartedstar
post May 9 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #16


Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,682
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 156,187



2nd image looks nice but i agree with mark on the change of font.... try something other then what comes with the computer.

as for the 2nd image, the brushes and image looks fine yet the texture looks a bit excessive.
although the colors in the texture looks lovely on the image.
 
FoxLucky
post May 10 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #17


So um yeah
*****

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 745
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 459,873



The first new version definitely looks cooler although the second one really stands out... It's more unique than the first one.
I definitely agree with everyone else on changing the font XD.gif
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: