Log In · Register

 
password help
lychee121
post Sep 11 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #1


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,898



I've been trying to use this code to password-protect my xanga (it's the same code that's found in the scripts section), but it's still not working on my xanga. Does anyone know what I can do or maybe have a different/better code that I can use? Thanks!

 
 
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
lovescream
post Sep 11 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #2


define our lives for us.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 11,656
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 43,293



Beh. Did you put it in your custom header? And you need to change the password to your own so it works. I also believe you need to be in PUBLIC VIEW, not private.
 
lychee121
post Sep 11 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #3


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,898



Yeah, I put it at the top of the custom header module, changed the password to my own, and I even signed out of my account to test it in public view... and still it's not working. _dry.gif
 
Kenado
post Sep 11 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #4


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,551
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 102,857



Uh put this in your website stats.

CODE
<script LANGUAGE="javascript">
<!-- Begin
var monkey = prompt("What you want it to say.")
if (monkey == 'password') {
}
else {
self.location = 'http://www.xanga.com'
}
// End -->
</script>
 
lychee121
post Sep 11 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #5


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,898



thanks! it works!
 
lychee121
post Sep 11 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #6


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,898



Actually, now it prompts for the password at every page you go to. Like, when you go to the comments page or if you go to pages with the previous entries, the prompt will appear. I want it to appear just on the first page when people go to your xanga.
 
talcumpowder
post Sep 11 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #7


You'll find me in your dreams.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,010



Please don't double post.
Not possible. Just as the splash screen will show on every page, the password prompt will show on every page. It's because Xanga calls everything in webstats&header every time it displays a page.
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: