Log In · Register

 
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
So I'm auditioning to become part of an agency..., and I need your help!
*My Cinderella.*
post Jun 6 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #1





Guest






So here's the quick update:

If you guys remember, I made a topic back in March asking about whether I should attend this acting program or not: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...=acting+classes Well my grandmother said that if I'm still interested in the summer we might find a better acting school for me to attend.

Well anyway, I'm planning on setting up an appointment so I can audition to become part of the Actor's Rep Agency (www.ActorsRep.com). I've never auditioned like this before and I'll have to do it in front of a bunch of big business scary people! ph34r.gif I called in and they said I'll be asked to perform a monologue that they've already prepared for me. I'm pretty nervous, even though I haven't even set up an appointment yet. If I do get in, they'll be able to find me jobs so that I can even start going for films and such! Do you guys have any advice on how I should audition for this agency? Any tips?
 
*chaneun*
post Jun 6 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #2





Guest






LUCKYYYYY.

I wish I was a model. :/

Anyway, think of something original. Out of the box, for the audition.
Anyway, good luck. flowers.gif
 
*Blow_Don't_SUCK*
post Jun 6 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #3





Guest






Aw congrats Jane! flowers.gif and sorry -_- I know nothing about the acting industry
 
radhikaeatsraman
post Jun 6 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #4


oooh yeah.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,333
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 376,533



Since you'll be doing cold reading, you won't really have any particular way of preparing.

Chances are, they'll give you a couple of minutes to prepare in the agency and you'll have to perform. When you're looking at the monologue, think about being the actual person and just speaking naturally. What is your character saying, and what is their purpose? What type of reaction does the character expect from the audience?

Those are just a couple of questions to ask when you see the monologue. =)
 
AnnahhbeL
post Jun 6 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #5


=]
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,910
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 156,614



You should go!
I don't know anything about acting though.. ph34r.gif
 
*My Cinderella.*
post Jun 6 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #6





Guest






QUOTE(robb0 @ Jun 6 2006, 9:07 PM) *
When reading the monologue, come at it from a different direction.

On nearly all of my auditions the teacher would have us prepare a monologue and read it in a diffrenet way. For example, it the monologue has the character getting angry at someone, he had me try going at it while seducing someone.

Of course, you don;t want to go too extreme without instruction. Break a leg!
^ So how did you do that anyway? Seducing someone while you were mad, did you find it difficult?

And thank you zomgnoway. I always have to keep in mind what my character wants.
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: