Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colorization, Ft.Rachel Bilson
xheartsyoumex
post Jan 7 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #1


Julia Tested, Mother Approved
***

Group: Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 188,066



Well, this colorization is my first attempt. I spent roughly 5 hours on it, and I couldn't get the lips right. The stray hair strands is too thick, but there were abajillion of them. The only thing I like about it is the shirt and necklace. xD. Enjoy & C&C welcome!


Original:

Colorized Version:
 
technicolour
post Jan 7 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #2


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



Don't take this as an insult, but you kind of made her look cartoony-er, which is really cool. I like it, the colorization that is.

The shirt is lovely, but, one little bit of advice, i'd use a less saturated colour tone for the lips. Much darker, in fact.
 
-lana
post Jan 7 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #3


when you smile, i melt inside
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,325
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 267,089



Lol I colourized this picture too. :P The shirt looks nice, but I agree with Kristina, the lips are too saturated.
 
*Zatanna*
post Jan 7 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #4





Guest






I'm in agreement with the others, the lips are a bit too saturated. Everything else looks great (albeit, as Kristinaa mentioned, it looks a little cartoonish) but it totally works. I actually like the color you did for her dress better than the original.
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 7 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #5


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



Prett good _smile.gif
But the skin is too pale.
And the lips look kind of weird
But otherwise Great job thumbsup.gif
 
PrincessAda
post Jan 7 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #6


the name is ada.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,688
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 334,608



It`s nice.I like the dress.Her skin is a bit pale and the background doesn`t match green..
 
xheartsyoumex
post Jan 7 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #7


Julia Tested, Mother Approved
***

Group: Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 188,066



Yeah, it does look cartoon-y doesn't it? When I took off the Rachel Bilson layer, it looked sort-of like a vector, which was pretty cool. It seens much easier to do than regular vectoring. xD But thanks! I'll keep the advice in mind.
 
turbulent
post Jan 7 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #8


I intend to live forever-so far, so good.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,820
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,137



yup, as everyone said less saturated colors. good job tho
and i think the blending opion you used for the hair is overpowering, making the hair look more like a solid color
 
m.ar.i.a
post Jan 7 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #9


^ignore. read> Maria.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 710
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 323,799



yeah, im agreeing with others and its pretty good! :) keep trying though!
 
Gigi
post Jan 7 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #10


in a matter of time
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,151
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 191,357



I'd have to say, GREAT EFFORT on this piece. Really. I think it's amazing how you took the time to colourize individual strands. I admire that detail!

I think you picked a pretty good base colour for the skin. Also, I think you could slightly colourize her teeth with a yellowy-orange with the saturation set quite low because no one's teeth in real life are b/w.

Keep it up, you'll be really good in time!
 
xxJess47
post Jan 8 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #11


I love you
****

Group: Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 116,447



something about the face looks weird. And I can see some grey around the lips, but the rest is good.
 
Smoogrish
post Jan 8 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #12


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,459
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 328,021



Wow, that's really good! I like the effect it has in the second one. It looks really neat. Good job!
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: