Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
1. To start off, find your base. I'll be using this one:
2. Open it up in Photoshop. Then, duplicate the image and go to Filter >> Blur >> Gaussian Blur. Set your radius to 3.0. Set it to overlay at about 80%. [Well, it depends. You can lower it if you want].
3. Flatten your image. Then go to Enhance >> Adjust Lighting >> Brightness/Contrast. Set the brightness and contrast to however you like.
4. Now, go to Filter >> Sharpen >> Sharpen.
5. Now take this texture and paste it on top of your base and set it to soft light:
[credits go to: Celestial-Star.net]
6. For this part, you can add brushes or add text. Make your icon look creative!
7. Once you're done, flatten your image and save. And you're finished! This is what mine looks like:
Showing latest 5 of 5 comments
PRETTY. i'll always use this tutorial on anime icons.
:) haha this is awesome.
awwesome I'm going to go try it out too.
i set the texture to excursion and i thought it look 20x better. :]
ooo im gonna try :D thanks