How to get a customized Favicon beside your URL
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
2. Save it to your computer as a .ico file. If you used their generator, just download it to your
3. Upload your image into your main root directory, or your image host (eg. Photobucket)
4. Insert this code in your header.php or html, right below your title, and above your stylesheets
5. Type in the name of your file you uploaded to your directory after your website name, (or paste
the url for the image file from you image host in the place of "yourdomain.com/myicon.ico)
6. You should now see your Favicon beside your URL every time someone visits your page.
Showing latest 2 of 2 comments
Favicons, are tiny pictures in front of your URL for a website, for example, up in the adress bar in your web browser, there's the URL for createblog, and in front of it is the letters c and b in fancy writing, thats createblog's favicon. their just tiny pictures in front of URL's
What is a 'Favicon'? This one or two word information might be somewhere in the top of the tutorial? I'm sorry- I'm new (and many are on here despite what they) but I appreciate the fact that you took time to post the tutorial. That was very very nice of you! Thank you!