Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sex sex sex sex sex, should I have it?
iheartjohn
post Jul 21 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #1

yerp!

Group: Member
Member No: 66,454

I noticed in the Girls' Locker Room, there were a lot of "Am I ready" topics. Well, here's your answer.

Questions you should ask before having sex

1. Why do I want to have sex?
to prove something; to fill an emptiness; to rebel; to hold on to a relationship; to be accepted; to avoid saying no; I don't really know

2. Do I really want to have sex with this particular person?
You don't have to wait for your one true love. You should lose it to someone you wouldn't regret losing it to in the future, preferably someone you care about.

3. Can I use some other way to show this person I care? How will this person react if I say no?
Abstinence is the 100% surefire way to prevent STDS and pregnancy. And if you're having sex just to please the other person, you shouldn't be having it.

4. Why does my partner want to have sex with me?
If your partner thinks s/he's some player and basically tries to screw everything that walks, please don't be manipulated by his/her words and degrade yourself by giving away your virginity.

5. What have my parents taught me? Would they approve?
Most of you have parents that wouldn't approve. But atleast remeber what you've been taught. Everyone is ready at one time or another, and they should know that.

6. How do my personal values and/or religious beliefs affect this decision? Will I feel guilty?
If you have guilt, I strongly advise you wait until you feel comfortable about intercourse. If you do it while you have guilt, you'll have regret. And you'll have that regret for the rest of your life. Trust me, I know.

7. What do I really know about birth control and sexually transmitted diseases?
Did you know condoms aren't 100 percent effective, the pill doesn't protect against STDs, and teens can get HIV/AIDS?

8. What does my partner know about birth control and sexually transmitted diseases?
For the sake of your health, get tested and make sure your partner has been as well.

9. Is my partner pressuring me to have sex without using protection against sexually transmitted diseases?
If the answer is yes, kick his ass to the curb. Douchebag.

10. Do I have an effective method of birth control? Do I have an effective way to keep from getting an STD?
Condom? Pill? Patch? Just protect yourself.

11. Do I know all of the possible consequences?
Pregnancy, STDs, HIV/AIDS, guilt, parental anger/disappointment, partner's betrayal

12. Am I willing to accept all of the consequences?

13. How will having sex affect this relationship?

14. How will having sex affect my self-image?

--------------------------

Methods of Birth Control

1. ABSTINENCE...is not having any sexual behaviors that may result in pregnancy.
PROS: This method is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. Avoids the use   of medications or hormones. No financial cost.

CONS: Difficult for many people to abstain from sexual activity for long periods of time.

2. THE BIRTH CONTROL PILL...contains hormones that prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation.
PROS: 95 – 99.9% effective at preventing pregnancy. Regulates menstrual cycle and decreases likelihood of cramps. May provide protection against ovarian and endometrial cancers, pelvic inflammatory disease, non-cancerous growths of the breast, ovarian cysts, and may protect against osteoporosis (thinning of the bones). Some birth control pills may help prevent acne.

CONS: The birth control pill must be taken each day at as close to the same time as possible. Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections. Women who take the pill may be at a slightly higher risk for heart attack, stroke and blood clots.

3. THE MALE CONDOM...is a sheath made of latex, polyurethane or animal skin that covers the penis before intercourse to keep sperm from joining an egg.
PROS: 86 – 98% effective at preventing pregnancy when used correctly with every act of vaginal intercourse. Provides protection against sexually transmitted infections. Condoms are easy to buy in drugstores, supermarkets, etc. Planned Parenthood has free condoms in all of our health centers.

CONS: Some people are allergic to latex and/or spermicide. Some partners make dislike using condoms. Condoms can break, although breakage is usually caused by incorrect use.

4. THE FEMALE CONDOM...is a latex pouch inserted into a woman’s vagina before vaginal intercourse that prevents sperm from joining an egg.
PROS: 79-95% effective at preventing pregnancy. Provides protection against sexually transmitted infections. May be used by women whose partners may be unwilling to use male condoms. May be used by those with allergies to latex. Easy to buy in drugstores, supermarkets, etc. The external ring of female condom may stimulate the clitoris.

CONS: May be difficult to insert correctly. May slip inside vagina during intercourse. The polyurethane may make noise during intercourse.

5. THE DIAPHRAGM OR CERVICAL CAP...is a shallow latex cup (diaphragm) or a thimble-shaped latex cap (cervical cap). This cap is placed over the cervix to prevent sperm from fertilizing an egg. These methods are used along with spermicidal cream or jelly. These methods must be left in place for 4 hours after intercourse.
PROS: Diaphragms are 80-94% effective against pregnancy when used correctly with every act of vaginal intercourse. The cervical cap is 60- 90% effective, depending on whether the woman has had a child. Both diaphragm and cervical cap are very inexpensive and can last for years. Women who cannot use hormonal methods of birth control can usually use one of these methods.

CONS: Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections. Should not be used by women who have latex allergies. The diaphragm can increase the risk of urinary tract infections, and may only be left in place for 24 hours to avoid toxic shock syndrome (TSS). The cervical cap is available in limited sizes, so it may not fit some women. It may be left in place for only 24 hours to avoid the risk of TSS.

6. DEPO-PROVERA® …is an injection (shot) of the hormone progestin given to a woman every 12 weeks. This hormone prevents the release of an egg, thickens cervical mucus and can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
PROS: 99.7% effective at preventing pregnancy. No daily medication or hormone to take. Protects against pregnancy for 12 weeks. Can be used by some women who cannot take birth control pills. Protects against cancer of the lining of the uterus and iron deficiency anemia. Many women have changes in their monthly periods, which can include missing periods.

CONS: Not effective at preventing against sexually transmitted infections. Side effects may include weight gain and irregular bleeding. Return to fertility may be delayed as long as six months after last shot.

7. OUTERCOURSE...is having sexual activity without vaginal intercourse.
PROS: Nearly 100% effective at preventing pregnancy. Can be effective at preventing sexually transmitted infections if no bodily fluids are exchanged through oral or anal intercourse. Avoids the use of medications or hormones. No financial cost.

CONS: People often forget to protect themselves against pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections if intercourse takes place. It may be difficult for many people to abstain from vaginal intercourse for long periods of time.

8. SPERMICIDE…is a cream, film, jelly, foam or suppository that is inserted into a woman’s vagina before having vaginal intercourse. Spermicide contains medications that immobilize and kill sperm, preventing them from joining an egg.
PROS: 72-94% effective at preventing pregnancy. Easy to buy in supermarkets, drugstores, etc. May provide some protection against sexually transmitted infections.

CONS: Spermicide can be messy. Some people are allergic to it. It may irritate vagina or penis — which may increase risk of infection.

9. NUVARING...is a small, flexible ring that is inserted into a woman's vagina. The ring is kept in place for three weeks. No ring is worn during the fourth week.
PROS:  More than 95% effective at preventing pregnancy.  No daily pill to take.  Does not require use of spermicide. Rapid return to fertility once use is stopped.

CONS:  Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections.  Possibility of vaginal irritation or infection.  Possibility of increased vaginal discharge.

10. WITHDRAWAL…is when the man will pull his penis out of the vagina before he "comes" to keep sperm from joining an egg.
PROS: 81-96% effective at preventing pregnancy. Withdrawal can be used when no other method is available. No financial cost.

CONS: This method does not provide protection against sexually transmitted infections. Pregnancy is possible if sperm are spilled on or near the vulva.

Statistics

Ever wonder what helps others teens decide to have sex? According to a new SexSmarts survey by seventeen and the Kaiser Family Foundation, these are the top issues that influence teens ages 15 to 17.

1) How well you know or trust the other person (93%)
2) What the other person wants to do sexually (85%)
3) What your parents might think (83%)
4) Whether you have been drinking or using drugs (78%)
5) What your religion says about sex (75%)
6) What your friends might think (69%)
7) What your friends are doing sexually (57%)

Other help

If you feel uncomfortable talking to your family doctor about this stuff, you can always contact Planned Parenthood (1-800-230-PLAN, or www.plannedparenthood.org), to find a confidential health care clinic in your area.

Anymore questions? Feel free to PM me.

*not_your_average*
post Jul 21 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #2

This should be put in the health resource topic!

Looow
post Jul 21 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 37,450

Wow Felicia, you're great. flowers.gif
Good job. This is very helpful.

SMiLEEFORMEE
post Jul 21 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #4

not da vinci's mona lisa <3

Member No: 39,781

QUOTE([f]eleeza @ Jul 21 2005, 4:21 PM)
I noticed in the Girls' Locker Room, there were a lot of "Am I ready" topics.

yeahh. i noticed a lot too soo this should help em all haha

*anubis*
post Jul 22 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #5

props, felicia happy.gif

this should be pinned. _smile.gif

technicolour
post Jul 22 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #6

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Member No: 115,987

Totally should be pinned.

I learn more here than in sex ed. blink.gif

lKVNiiKINKYl
post Jul 22 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #7

CHYEAAHHH MAN

Member No: 168,013

^ I know! My teachers were too scared to tell us the truth...

Angel_Cece
post Jul 22 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #8

¢¾ Wanting it. ¢¾

Member No: 39,234

worthy.gif felicia. you are genius to us female teens

demolished
post Jul 23 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #9

Group:
Member No: 8,001

great topic. woot woot. i shall stick it in my pinned topic.

*tweeak*
post Jul 23 2005, 02:02 AM
Post #10

God, you're amazing. You should have made this while i was taking health, though. I had an assignment on 10 reasons why teens become sexually active, and ran out of reasons after 5

WhiteLotus*
post Jul 25 2005, 02:24 AM
Post #11

Member No: 44,332

Wow. Did you know that you were of a better teacher than my sex ed. teacher was? Wow..just..wow. I read the whole thing and now I'm clear of everything.

Thank you thank you thank you!

flowers.gif hug.gif

xrytx
post Jul 25 2005, 02:41 AM
Post #12

Member No: 181,354

wow fantastic

Eryi
post Jul 25 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #13

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 77,305

Wow, your really good at this.

YourSuperior
post Jul 25 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #14

;)

Member No: 99,124

Great job Felecia, glad you posted this.

iheartjohn
post Jul 26 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #15

yerp!

I'm glad to see this helped so many people.

aeyungg xd
post Jul 26 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #16

Member No: 90,808

great job! so helpful. and some of your answers to the questions made me laugh. _smile.gif

DrSMooTH
post Jul 26 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #17

Senior Itis

Member No: 121,007

props felicia. this should be at the top of the health forum. Is it called pinning a message? This is very informative.

[Scr3amin][Horro...
post Jul 26 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #18

Good-Bye.

Member No: 161,149

Felicia we love you happy.gifwink.gifthrob.gif
Great job _smile.gif
Where would we be without you biggrin.gif
Again great job thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
[This is useful lol even thought Im not having sex whistling.gif]

sw33t_rouge
post Jul 28 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #19

oink

Member No: 41,836

all are sex ed teachr said "sex is bad." cB is better :)

FlipsieDoodles
post Jul 29 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #20

You just let me die. Bastard.

Member No: 186,197

i think every 1 should hav a copy of this in their pocket at all times it very helping ful

jeSs1cA
post Jul 29 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #21

:)

Member No: 146,496

Thank you Felicia! flowers.gif pssh, cB is way better than any health/sex ed class.. by far _smile.gif

cocoalightning27
post Jul 30 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #22

I have no life

Member No: 66,675

lol I'm gonna print this out and hand them to people around school

iheartjohn
post Jul 31 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #23

yerp!

QUOTE([Scr3amin][Horror] @ Jul 26 2005, 5:26 PM)
Felicia we love you happy.gifwink.gifthrob.gif

throb.gif CB is so full of love. hug.gif Hugs back.

uLoVeMikeRoch
post Jul 31 2005, 06:13 AM
Post #24

Wow, i dont know whats going on...

Member No: 10,977

CONS: May be difficult to insert correctly. May slip inside vagina during intercourse. The polyurethane may make noise during intercourse.

Hahahaha, what the f**k?!

iheartjohn
post Jul 31 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #25

yerp!

^^ Trust me, the only thing you want squeaking during sex is the mattress.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: