Reply to this topicStart new topic
a guide to pregnancy
iheartjohn
post Jul 17 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #1

yerp!

Group: Member
Member No: 66,454

HELP, I THINK I'M PREGNANT!! OH EM GEE, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!

First of all, relax. Felicia will tell you. wink.gif

Missed period. Sure sign of pregnancy. Other reasons:

Certain medical conditions can cause you to miss your period, with it resuming when you're healthy again. If you have a co-existing illness that may be causing you to miss your period, see your medical doctor.

Excessive exercise. Females who exercise excessively (e.g. marathon runners) will have periods of menstruation cessation. By reducing their exercise to more appropriate levels, they are usually able to return to normal cycles. Also, low body weight associated with excessive exercise or poor eating habits/malnutrition can cause disruptions in your cycle.

Birth control pills often cause some women to miss their period completely. Even after you stop taking the pill, you may experience aberrant menstrual cycles for three to six months.

One word. Stress.

A change in your natural diet.

Leaking breasts. Sign of lactating.

Chill. Liquids leaking from the nipples are commonly caused by too much friction. In other words, you or someone else is touching them waaay too much. So let's stop with the nipple rubbing, mmkay?

Fatigue -- feeling more tired than usual.

Stress.

Food cravings

Feel like having pickles and ice cream together? Ew. Anyway, don't rely on this to be a sure sign of pregnancy. Cravings can also be due to menstruation or hey, you're growing up. You're taste buds are bound to change.

Implantation bleeding or cramping

If you're bleeding irregularly, it's common at your age. Unless you're 35. Then you really shouldn't be asking a 17 year old, you should be going to your doctor.

Increased urination
This can also be a sign of urinary tract infection, stress, or diabetes.

Quickening (fetal movement)

Most people often confuse this with gas or bowel contractions. (By the way, if you think you can feel the baby at 2 weeks, you shouldn't even be having a baby.)

Chadwick's Sign (bluish tinge to the vagina and cervix)

This is also seen occasionally with impending menstruation.

Vomiting

Food poisoning, maybe? Can also be caused by stress or even infections.

Enlargement of breasts

Woohoo! Maybe you're just growing. Or beginning your period. Also, if you on the pill, this can also be a side effect.

Stress is also a misleading factor of mental pregnancy. And believe it or not, stress is a lot more common to teenage girls than pregnancy is. rolleyes.gif

If you're reading this list, and wondering if you're pregnant, chances are you weren't ready yet.

Do you know what sort of STDs are out there and how to prevent them?
Do you know which sort of condom you can trust?
Do you know if your partner is STD-free?
Are you ready to take responsibility of becoming a mom, and perhaps dropping out of school and getting a job to support your family?
Are you ready to take the risk of becoming a single parent?

If you answered NO to any one question, you're not ready to have sex.

And if it's too late, if you think you're pregnant and need some help on anything else, PLEASE feel free to PM me. I'm a mom. I know what it's like, alright?

toodlepops.
post Jul 17 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #2

boo

Member No: 71,765

I knew you should have done this a while ago. wink.gif
This could be helpful to a few.

[Scr3amin][Horro...
post Jul 17 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #3

Good-Bye.

Member No: 161,149

Great guide Felicia happy.gif.
Maybe we should pin it up.
Its really helpful _smile.gif

*stephinika*
post Jul 17 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #4

great topic felicia. i'm just gonna move it to health so the link is in both places. _smile.gif

moved to health

*wind&fire*
post Jul 17 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #5

whoa... when did the health section appear?

demolished
post Jul 17 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #6

Group:
Member No: 8,001

And if it's too late, if you think you're pregnant and need some help on anything else, PLEASE feel free to PM me. I'm a mom. I know what it's like, alright?

aww. what a lovely experienced mommy on the net!

Latina Babii
post Jul 17 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #7

Proud to be an Anime Otaku

Member No: 165,004

*Sigh* Wonderful list, I wish I was old enough to have a baby whenever I see a child I want one of y onw, even when I go to my Da's I end up babysitting his friends kids, I don't take pay because I love it, is that normal?

Eryi
post Jul 17 2005, 08:36 AM
Post #8

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 77,305

This is very helpful for those who are pregnant. Maybe it should be pinned. _smile.gif

iheartjohn
post Jul 19 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #9

yerp!

QUOTE(Latina Babii @ Jul 17 2005, 2:25 AM)
*Sigh* Wonderful list, I wish I was old enough to have a baby whenever I see a child I want one of y onw, even when I go to my Da's I end up babysitting his friends kids, I don't take pay because I love it, is that normal?

Yeah. You're woman. But trust me, babies are bitches sometimes.

yummy_delight
post Jul 20 2005, 04:19 PM
Post #10

Lauren loves YOU.

Member No: 32,793

Wow thanks for that. A lot of people could use this list.

I bet you're a terrific mom. _smile.gif

mai_z
post Jul 21 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #11

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

Awesome Felicia! From a real mom, and now we won't have little 12 year old girls going "OMG! I started getting my period last month, and now it's 2 days late! I MUST BE PREGNANT!"

demolished
post Jul 23 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #12

Group:

QUOTE([f)
eleeza,Jul 19 2005, 1:23 PM]Yeah. You're woman. But trust me, babies are bitches sometimes.

i even ram the baby against the bed for bitch slapping my face when i dont give him candies. that annoying brat mad.gif it hurt like hell.

Latina Babii
post Jul 23 2005, 03:58 AM
Post #13

Proud to be an Anime Otaku

Member No: 165,004

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Jul 23 2005, 2:46 AM)
i even ram the baby against the bed for bitch slapping my face when i dont give him candies. that annoying brat  mad.gif it hurt like hell.

You hurt him because he hit you? It's a child?! And being a mommy means being able to handle the kids bad and good parts ^^

demolished
post Jul 23 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #14

Group:

^
he hits me like 20 times in my face. getting hit in the face hurts.

i'm not a mom
i have bad taste in kids (usually)
i ram him once cus i got sick of babysitting him for my mom.
he's bossy, abusive, picky, selfish, and greedy
he's pretty much a sinful child.

there is one kid that i havent hit him yet cus he usually pay attention. he's quite sentitive when i'm around. he's only 5 years old. i like that boy the best of all. biggrin.gif

iheartjohn
post Jul 24 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #15

yerp!

QUOTE(Latina Babii @ Jul 23 2005, 3:58 AM)
You hurt him because he hit you? It's a child?! And being a mommy means being able to handle the kids bad and good parts ^^

Being a mommy also means you have to be extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely patient. Which I f**king rule.

Mr. Slowjamz
post Jul 26 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #16

what do you think it says....if so obvious.

Member No: 52,420

QUOTE([f]eleeza @ Jul 17 2005, 12:54 AM)
HELP, I THINK I'M PREGNANT!! OH EM GEE, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!

First of all, relax. Felicia will tell you. wink.gif
Missed period. Sure sign of pregnancy. Other reasons:

Certain medical conditions can cause you to miss your period, with it resuming when you're healthy again. If you have a co-existing illness that may be causing you to miss your period, see your medical doctor.

Excessive exercise. Females who exercise excessively (e.g. marathon runners) will have periods of menstruation cessation. By reducing their exercise to more appropriate levels, they are usually able to return to normal cycles. Also, low body weight associated with excessive exercise or poor eating habits/malnutrition can cause disruptions in your cycle.

Birth control pills often cause some women to miss their period completely. Even after you stop taking the pill, you may experience aberrant menstrual cycles for three to six months.

One word. Stress.

A change in your natural diet.
Leaking breasts. Sign of lactating.

Chill. Liquids leaking from the nipples are commonly caused by too much friction. In  other words, you or someone else is touching them waaay too much. So let's stop with the nipple rubbing, mmkay?
Fatigue -- feeling more tired than usual.

Stress.

Food cravings

Feel like having pickles and ice cream together? Ew. Anyway, don't rely on this to be a sure sign of pregnancy. Cravings can also be due to menstruation or hey, you're growing up. You're taste buds are bound to change.
Implantation bleeding or cramping

If you're bleeding irregularly, it's common at your age. Unless you're 35. Then you really shouldn't be asking a 17 year old, you should be going to your doctor.
Increased urination
  This can also be a sign of urinary tract infection, stress, or diabetes.
Quickening (fetal movement)

Most people often confuse this with gas or bowel contractions. (By the way, if you think you can feel the baby at 2 weeks, you shouldn't even be having a baby.)
Chadwick's Sign (bluish tinge to the vagina and cervix)

This is also seen occasionally with impending menstruation.
Vomiting

Food poisoning, maybe? Can also be caused by stress or even infections.
Enlargement of breasts

Woohoo! Maybe you're just growing. Or beginning your period. Also, if you on the pill, this can also be a side effect.
If you're reading this list, and wondering if you're pregnant, chances are you weren't ready yet.

Do you know what sort of STDs are out there and how to prevent them?
Do you know which sort of condom you can trust?
Do you know if your partner is STD-free?
Are you ready to take responsibility of becoming a mom, and perhaps dropping out of school and getting a job to support your family?
Are you ready to take the risk of becoming a single parent?

If you answered NO to any one question, you're not ready to have sex.

oo woww.. i truly admire and repsect you for making up this guide ....i woudlnt have expected ...because most girls i know who are pregnent woulndt be able to write this because , there too ashamed about it ....but youve taken a different approach .....major props to you....even though i dont know you ...you have distinguised yourself to be great mom and a strong one happy.gif flowers.gif

x3chrissyx3
post Jul 27 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #17

sO seDuctivE

Member No: 2,009

Good topic. They should have had posts on the net about pregnancy from real moms when I was 16 & 17.

I was pregnant by my boyfriend in High School 3 times. And each time it was really hard to figure out what was wrong with me because I thought it was just stress because of all the stuff I had happen to me back then, and ya know, stuff like that, so I kind of wrote it off, and the times when I wasn't pregnant, I went off thinking I was. This is a really good topic for girls who just aren't reazlly sure what's up yet and want to get a little more clarification before going to a doctor or getting the tests.

(No, I'm not...really a mom. I guess in a way I am. I was going to have 2 sets of twins at different times [it's just in my genes i'm going to have twins] and each time, I went through to 8 or 9 months and then miscarried. My blood pressure every time got really high, and then the baby's heart rates got really fast, then slow...and then I passed out, so I never really knew what happened, but...they died. Hopefully one day I'll be able to have kids, but...)

anyway, good topic. props.

mai_z
post Jul 27 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #18

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

^^ 3 times? both not on purpose? It sucks that they miscarried though, especially after 8 or 9 months.

x3chrissyx3
post Jul 27 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #19

sO seDuctivE

Member No: 2,009

Yeah, 2 not on purpose, and the third was just us being ridiculous, but nature took care of that fairly early.

I was dumb when I was younger =/
But I can't help thinking about it, because it was definitely depressing, you start to actually LOVE the baby even though it's not there...

iheartjohn
post Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #20

yerp!

QUOTE(xiMiJix @ Jul 26 2005, 6:21 PM)
oo woww.. i truly admire and repsect you for making up this guide ....i woudlnt have expected ...because most girls i know who are  pregnent woulndt  be able to write this because , there too ashamed about it ....but youve taken a different approach  .....major props to you....even though i dont know you ...you have distinguised yourself to be  great mom and a strong one  happy.gif  flowers.gif

Thank you. Really, that meant a lot. wub.gif

Angel_Cece
post Jul 31 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #21

¢¾ Wanting it. ¢¾

Member No: 39,234

cools! u should really write a book on these topics... your good hmm i guess its from experience?

DanielleMaria05
post Aug 14 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #22

Class of 2005!!!

Member No: 93,080

Felicia. I give props to you.

I have a 3 year old. (I personally did not give birth to her, but I raise her). My cousin decided that she didn't want her 2nd child (now she has 3 and doesn't care for any of them, except when she gets attention) I took her, and raised her. *At her first doctors appoinment after custody was taken from the mother, the doctor to me she only had a few weeks to live* I nursed her back to health, and I made sure that I would prove the doctor wrong. That was 3 years ago.

Now, shes healthy, and alive. So, I know where your coming from saying that it takes a lot of patients. I remember many nights I didn't get much sleep and then got up the next morning and went to school, and still graduated. It's hard. And you have to be very dedicated..

So, props to you for raising your child, and being a super mom!
You're great.
Danielle

XxVaLeRyXx
post Aug 14 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #23

they told me im beautiful

Member No: 202,930

at school some friends said when a girl is pregnant these are some indications:

her periods stop

she starts to barf a lot and feel bad, many times she can faint.

how old yrs r u?they told me exists some products in the supermarket you use, like those products that is like tests, like: "If starts being blue is positive cuz u r pregnant".

try it.

If gives positive, so u r pregnant and I think the best thing to do is ask for some friends' mother talk to ur parents.If u yet live with them.Try talk with the guy who probablely is the father.

iheartjohn
post Aug 15 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #24

yerp!

Danielle, I never knew. flowers.gif Props to you for graduating. Something I never got the chance to do.

xsilent_angelx
post Aug 20 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #25

dorky :)

Member No: 1,823

wow.. yur a mom? yew look like yur 16 or something

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: