Reply to this topicStart new topic
More Than Just Friends, something i found
[x]Mari[x]
post Jul 12 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #1

i <3 peter

Group: Member
Member No: 147,825

I found this on a google search today and thought it might be useful to someone. I searched and skimmed, but saw nothing. Feel free to close if someone has posted a list similar or exactly alike to this one.

Found on: This Website (There's other good info there, too.)

Just Good Friends?

You're best mates, you talk about everything, but what happens if you want to take that friendship further?

A solid friendship can be the best basis for a relationship. Knowing someone really well is a good start, but if you do go out with them the way your relationship works may change. And what if it doesn't work out? You might lose your best friend. On the flip side, if it does succeed it could be the best decision you've ever made.

So how do you decide whether to go for it and how do you play it if one of you wants more than the other?

Do they fancy you?
-Try and work out whether they feel the same way about you; do you flirt, do they flirt back or do they just see you as a good reliable friend.
-You've probably chatted about boyfriends or girlfriends and their attitude towards relationships may give some clues as to whether you're compatible or destined to remain just good friends.

Tell them how you feel
-If you think there's a chance they feel the same about you go for it.
-But if you're worried about risking your friendship a softly, softly approach may be better than declaring your undying love and risking scaring the object of your affections away.
-Try dropping a few subtle hints or have a chat about relationships and see what the response is.
-If you know someone really well it can be difficult to tell them how you feel, but whatever the outcome they're likely to respect your honesty.
-Even if things don't work out as you hoped, there's no reason you can't continue to be friends and at least you'll know where you stand, even if things initially feel a little awkward.

Don't risk it
-If the signs are that they don't feel the same about you or they're happy in a relationship with someone else it may be best to keep quiet.
-Enjoy your friendship, but rather than hanging around feeling lovesick make an effort to spend time with a different group of friends.
-If your friendship's strong and you're meant to be together things may work out in the future, but in the meantime you've got your own life to live.

lilJdawg
post Jul 13 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Member No: 30,336

Cool. Some of that's true & some's not.

xldubaliciousx
post Jul 13 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Call me Lauren d=]

Member No: 113,118

Good advice. But in the end it just depends on the chemistry between the two people. Also, if you know them TOO well it'll feel like your're going out with your sibling. (ew)

nosuntoday
post Jul 13 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #4

Member No: 156,558

QUOTE([x]Mari[x] @ Jul 12 2005, 9:11 PM)
I found this on a google search today and thought it might be useful to someone. I searched and skimmed, but saw nothing. Feel free to close if someone has posted a list similar or exactly alike to this one.

Found on: This Website (There's other good info there, too.)

Just Good Friends? 

You're best mates, you talk about everything, but what happens if you want to take that friendship further?

A solid friendship can be the best basis for a relationship. Knowing someone really well is a good start, but if you do go out with them the way your relationship works may change. And what if it doesn't work out? You might lose your best friend. On the flip side, if it does succeed it could be the best decision you've ever made.

So how do you decide whether to go for it and how do you play it if one of you wants more than the other?
Do they fancy you?
-Try and work out whether they feel the same way about you; do you flirt, do they flirt back or do they just see you as a good reliable friend.
-You've probably chatted about boyfriends or girlfriends and their attitude towards relationships may give some clues as to whether you're compatible or destined to remain just good friends.

Tell them how you feel
-If you think there's a chance they feel the same about you go for it.
-But if you're worried about risking your friendship a softly, softly approach may be better than declaring your undying love and risking scaring the object of your affections away.
-Try dropping a few subtle hints or have a chat about relationships and see what the response is.
-If you know someone really well it can be difficult to tell them how you feel, but whatever the outcome they're likely to respect your honesty.
-Even if things don't work out as you hoped, there's no reason you can't continue to be friends and at least you'll know where you stand, even if things initially feel a little awkward.

Don't risk it
-If the signs are that they don't feel the same about you or they're happy in a relationship with someone else it may be best to keep quiet.
-Enjoy your friendship, but rather than hanging around feeling lovesick make an effort to spend time with a different group of friends.
-If your friendship's strong and you're meant to be together things may work out in the future, but in the meantime you've got your own life to live.

i hope your summer is going great

mai_z
post Jul 13 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #5

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

haha hope that answers the questions of all the people who keep asking "we're best friends, but I want to be boyfriend/girlfriend"-type questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: