Reply to this topicStart new topic
AHHH. Hair is a PAIN!, i'll help.
Looow
post Jun 6 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 37,450

Isn't hair a pain sometimes?
I decided to create a topic on hair since I have nothing to do and I'm feeling quite depressed.

1) [b]My hair is broken and dead. How can I make it healthy-fast?

Get a trim to remove your dead and split ends. Then, to avoid getting them in the future,shampoo less often(Every other day,max)-overwashing sucks out your hairs natural oils,causing strands to look dull and to break. Also swap the conditioner that you use in the shower for a leave-in type,which penetrates deep into your hair shaft to strengthen your strands so they're less likely to snap.

2) I cut my bangs recently,and I'm not happy. What can I do about them?
Clip them back or blend them into the rest of your hair. Place a flat brush on top of your bangs,and brush them from left to right,then right to lest as you blast them above with a blow-dryer(on a low heat setting) for about one minute. This will make then lie flar and mix naturally with the rest of your hair.

3) My hair is full in the morning but falls FLAT after two hours. Help!?
Try this styling strategy:First,make sure your gel,mousse,pomade,or hairspray has an alcohol base-it will hold your style longer.(Oil-based products weigh down your hair and can make it look greasy).Second,when you style your hair in the morning,add more body (make it bigger) than you actually want-some of that volume will fall in about 20 minutes leaving you with a style that looks GREAT.

4) I did my hairstyle in a way that I didn't like it after five minutes but I put hairspray/gel on it! What now?
If you need to redo your style later in the day,use a refreshing spray-itbreaks down the bonds in the styling product you originally used, so you can restyle and add more lift to your roots.

5) I dyed my hair, and I'm not into it. Can I get rid of the shade at home?
You can-just try this recipe: In a plastic cup or bowl, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a large dollop of your usual shampoo. Stir together well. Massage the mixture into your strands for about five minutes,rinse with warm water,then condition hair as usual,and evaluate the color. If the shade hasn't faded enought,repeat the process. Still now happy? You need a pro.

6) I have tinystray hairs around my forhead. Can I hide them?
Totally-style your hair as usual then spray a clean toothburhs wjith lightweight aerosol hairspray,and gently brush the baby hairs back into your hairline. Be sure NOT TO use a nonaerosol hairspray or gel-they go on too wet,making those fine hairs that you're trying to hide look SHINY and even MORE obvious.

7) How do I get SHINY hair?
One more reason to love guacamole: It'll make your mane ridiculously glossy."avocado oil is packed with vitamins and proteins to help condition the scalp and hair. To whip up an avocado mask,mash one very ripe avocado,a banana, an an egg together in a bowl. The massage the mixture onto your wet hair,put on a shower cap,and rinse it out after 20 minutes.

WHAT COLOR FITS YOU? (Suggestions for HIGHLIGHTS)

For...BLONDES: Sun-kissed hold streaks will warm up an accentuate your hair's natural buttery shade.

For...REDHEADS:Straberyy-gold highlights will bring out the crip,fresh red in your true color.

For...LIGHT BROWNS: creamy caramel streaks will add dimension to your walnut-colored base.

For... DARK BROWNS: Reddish-brown highlights will brighten up and add depth to your chesnut hue

For...BLACKS:Chocolate-brown streaks will lighten your jet-black color,softening your over all look.

MORE WILL BE ADDED so come back and check.

<33 Lorena

I hope this helped.

By the way when someone said that its very professional-magazine like..it's because it is. Im not that smart about hair. I'm going to add mzkandi's tips too.

Other things :Hair Myths

Top 10 Hair Myths
by Hair-Styles.org

Cutting your hair makes it stronger or grow faster.
Bull winkle. Its hair, not a lawn. Exactly where this myth started is unknown, but is probably related to the observation of men's facial hair. There are different kinds of hair on your face and head. Hair on your head and facial hair have different properties. Cutting your hair will only make it shorter and hairs grows almost exactly half an inch per month, no matter what you do or take.

Brushing your hair is good for it.
To the contrary, brushing your hair is very very very bad for your hair and the leading contributor to split ends and hair breakage. By all means groom your hair, but once it is in place, STOP.

Tight hats cause baldness.
This one probably started in the military where young men entering the service were required to wear hats and soon showed signs of going bald, or at least of hair thinning. This is due to coincidental timing. The age that young men enter the military is also the same age that male pattern hair loss begins. This is due to dihydrotestosterone, not hats. Hats do cause hair breakage and to a lessor degree to split ends.

Hair can turn gray or white over night.
What utter nonsense. This one was born in literature. What part of "fiction" did you not understand? Hair receives its color genetically and can only turn gray or white over very long periods of time. Actually the hair doesn't turn white in as much as the hair loses color, but not over night, or even a wild weekend.

Pluck one gray hair and two grow back.
Folks, if this were true I would be pulling my hair out by the fist full. I need more hair and can always color the gray hair.
Baldness is inherited from the mothers side of the family.
More Hair Voodoo. Male and female pattern hair loss can be inherited from either side of the family and may or may not skip many generations. Male pattern hair loss usually begins at age 18 to 20 and female patter hair loss between ages 45 and 55.

Dandruff is caused by dry scalp.
Dandruff and dry scalp are two entirely different things. A good shampoo and conditioner will take care of the dry scalp, which is 'flaking'. Dandruff shampoos such as "Head and Shoulders' are entirely unnecessary and inadvisable.
Dandruff is a serious health issue and requires medical attention and prescribed medication. The 'flakes' are actually oily, not dry. Very very few people have actual dandruff and you would know it if you did.

Dandruff is contagious.
No. You already have the micro organism that causes dandruff, yours just aren't as active. On the other hand, there are plenty of nasty things you can get from someone else's comb or brush, so be careful.

Cutting your hair during a full moon makes it grow in healthier, fuller, faster or longer.
no...just no

Melissa contributed as well What a sweetie. <3

My hair's a little greasy, but I don't have enought ime to shower and get ready all over again. Any quick fixes?
Of course! Simple. Baby powder! Just sprinkle a bit in your hands, rub together, and blend into your hair. The powder soaks up the oil, just like when it soaks up moisture after you get out of the shower. Make sure it's blended enough so it's not obvious of any white shades left over, and you're good to go.

*mzkandi*
post Jun 6 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #2

This is great information...bravo!! bravo!!! _smile.gif You should add a make up section!!!

xMiZziexKiMx
post Jun 6 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #3

hmm??

Group: Member
Member No: 147,424

awesome!! thanks for the tips!!! =]

loljuliana
post Jun 6 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #4

ticktock.

Member No: 118,235

this is cool x] i'm going to need this

beautifuls0ul_x3
post Jun 6 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #5

Member No: 143,525

oh wow this is going to help me a lot since my hair is a mess after i got that horrible haircut! thnx a lot!

throb.gif hana

Nicolatofu
post Jun 6 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #6

Group: Official Member
Member No: 47,064

GO LORENA!<3333

I wish you woulda posted this info before I dyed my hair and it turned orange X[ well.. very much appreciated!

Looow
post Jun 6 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(XKali_chik_4_lifeX @ Jun 6 2005, 9:40 PM)
GO LORENA!<3333

I wish you woulda posted this info before I dyed my hair and it turned orange X[ well.. very much appreciated!

If it's so great..why don't you pin it wink.gif

ApocalypseAelis
post Jun 6 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Member No: 68,217

Niiice. Very professional-magazine-like. :D I'm going to use some of these tips. Thanks.

*XLilAznGrl592X*
post Jun 6 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #9

U rock! lol im dumb.. my hair is like so thick and i just got it thinned or w/e... weird...

NgocQuyen
post Jun 6 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #10

c[:

Member No: 2,876

QUOTE(mzkandi @ Jun 6 2005, 9:14 PM)
This is great information...bravo!! bravo!!! _smile.gif You should add a make up section!!!

lols...yay! im loving it too...lols...i agree on adding a make up section.... biggrin.gif

Babiexdreamerz
post Jun 6 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #11

I need you just as much as you need her

Member No: 72,175

Great info. Maybe I should use some of these tips one day.

ItzOnlySydney
post Jun 7 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #12

deleted

Member No: 92,276

good info. hmm...i was thinkign about getting red streaks in my hair i knew i was right =)

*mzkandi*
post Jun 7 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #13

Other things :Hair Myths

Top 10 Hair Myths
by Hair-Styles.org

Bull winkle. Its hair, not a lawn. Exactly where this myth started is unknown, but is probably related to the observation of men's facial hair. There are different kinds of hair on your face and head. Hair on your head and facial hair have different properties. Cutting your hair will only make it shorter and hairs grows almost exactly half an inch per month, no matter what you do or take.

Brushing your hair is good for it.
To the contrary, brushing your hair is very very very bad for your hair and the leading contributor to split ends and hair breakage. By all means groom your hair, but once it is in place, STOP.

Tight hats cause baldness.
This one probably started in the military where young men entering the service were required to wear hats and soon showed signs of going bald, or at least of hair thinning. This is due to coincidental timing. The age that young men enter the military is also the same age that male pattern hair loss begins. This is due to dihydrotestosterone, not hats. Hats do cause hair breakage and to a lessor degree to split ends.

Hair can turn gray or white over night.
What utter nonsense. This one was born in literature. What part of "fiction" did you not understand? Hair receives its color genetically and can only turn gray or white over very long periods of time. Actually the hair doesn't turn white in as much as the hair loses color, but not over night, or even a wild weekend.

Pluck one gray hair and two grow back.
Folks, if this were true I would be pulling my hair out by the fist full. I need more hair and can always color the gray hair.
Baldness is inherited from the mothers side of the family.
More Hair Voodoo. Male and female pattern hair loss can be inherited from either side of the family and may or may not skip many generations. Male pattern hair loss usually begins at age 18 to 20 and female patter hair loss between ages 45 and 55.

Dandruff is caused by dry scalp.
Dandruff and dry scalp are two entirely different things. A good shampoo and conditioner will take care of the dry scalp, which is 'flaking'. Dandruff shampoos such as "Head and Shoulders' are entirely unnecessary and inadvisable.
Dandruff is a serious health issue and requires medical attention and prescribed medication. The 'flakes' are actually oily, not dry. Very very few people have actual dandruff and you would know it if you did.

Dandruff is contagious.
No. You already have the micro organism that causes dandruff, yours just aren't as active. On the other hand, there are plenty of nasty things you can get from someone else's comb or brush, so be careful.

Cutting your hair during a full moon makes it grow in healthier, fuller, faster or longer.
no...just no

meh...I thought it was all pretty darn interesting.

HelloSunshine
post Jun 7 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #14

High Voltage!∞

Member No: 29,157

^
Haha made me laugh laugh.gif Lol anyways, thanks Lorena for the tips happy.gif Perhaps I'll use them sometime in the near future. _smile.gif

BrokenDream
post Jun 7 2005, 05:14 AM
Post #15

<33

Member No: 114,234

Thanks you two! Those are great tips.

kill me please
post Jun 7 2005, 10:28 AM
Post #16

im addicted to my car<3

Member No: 92,236

those are good, but i read them in a magazine i just got.. you might want to give them credit mellow.gif

parallel
post Jun 7 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #17

TOISU!!

Member No: 92,516

My mom AND my hair person lied to me. !! cry.gif

miss barnes
post Jun 7 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #18

RiKACHANtEL

Member No: 51,230

ohhh this is really good. they should pin this

IamRad
post Jun 7 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #19

SCHGEB!SCHGEB!

Member No: 66,217

wow, thanks for all the tips and such! :-)

xlaydee_v
post Jun 7 2005, 04:59 PM
Post #20

jiyOunnn~

Member No: 109,706

lol interesting. i dont need these tips though. but they would be helpful if i did happy.gif

jeSs1cA
post Jun 7 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #21

:)

Member No: 146,496

thanks for sharing the tips! _smile.gif

Looow
post Jun 7 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(miss barnes @ Jun 7 2005, 2:00 PM)
ohhh this is really good. they should pin this

They can't. They got mad bc the mods were pinning too many topics.

me1issaaaa
post Jun 7 2005, 05:46 PM
Post #23

Member No: 18,393

Umm...

worthy.gif

'Nuff said.

OH! I have one, too.

My hair's a little greasy, but I don't have enought ime to shower and get ready all over again. Any quick fixes?

Of course! Simple. Baby powder! Just sprinkle a bit in your hands, rub together, and blend into your hair. The powder soaks up the oil, just like when it soaks up moisture after you get out of the shower. Make sure it's blended enough so it's not obvious of any white shades left over, and you're good to go. thumbsup.gif

Yay. Maybe I didn't suck at life so much and helped. rolleyes.gif

literemix24
post Jun 7 2005, 06:53 PM
Post #24

Jessica

Member No: 29,118

Awesome, this totally helped.

Melissad1016
post Jun 8 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #25

ramble on... sing my song..

Member No: 145,976

this is a helpful post! thanks! happy.gif

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: