Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

science vs religon, which one is important and needed ?
Rating 3 V
demolished
post Dec 24 2004, 08:39 PM
Post #76


Senior Member
*******

Group:
Posts: 8,274
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 8,001



i think this is a tricky question if you think about it.

is science important or .. religon ? why tho .. ?

Religon helps make people safer . It help you to become a better person. Religon is mainly about beliefs and how to become a better person . . . the problem is . . did anyone prove that gods existed ? etc ..

Science helps people to be safe. Science tell us what to aware of. Without science, we wouldnt know where we are, what is safe? .. such as planets or universe ..... etc ..


if you think carefully, it could be tricky, you dont know which one is " more " important

do you people understand what i'm saiding ? just think bout it.

tell me what you think ? wink.gif
 

Posts in this topic
Spiritual Winged Aura   science vs religon   Dec 24 2004, 08:39 PM
Reidar   Tung is equivocating the concept of science and wh...   May 6 2008, 12:13 AM
freeridefight   QUOTE(Reidar @ May 6 2008, 01:13 AM) Tung...   May 7 2008, 12:41 AM
Reidar   QUOTE(freeridefight @ May 7 2008, 12:41 A...   May 7 2008, 02:55 PM
NoSex   QUOTE(heartquasm @ May 5 2008, 10:02 PM) ...   May 7 2008, 03:19 PM
heartquasm   Okay, so now I'm an advocate for ignorance. G...   May 16 2008, 06:24 PM
Reidar   If scientific evidence was enough to quell somebod...   May 18 2008, 11:02 PM
PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL   BUTHH.. closee thradd..   Jul 13 2008, 09:33 PM
huskar   Well I know what actually helped to sit before thi...   Sep 3 2008, 12:20 PM
SammyTheHeadbutt   This topic got me thinking about something my Arch...   Sep 12 2008, 05:44 PM
brooklyneast05   how is science scary? it's giving you proof/lo...   Sep 12 2008, 05:53 PM
SammyTheHeadbutt   I'm not saying he was right or anything.. i am...   Sep 13 2008, 04:24 AM
tripod   It is said that science without religion is lame a...   Sep 16 2008, 12:12 PM
NoSex   QUOTE(tripod @ Sep 16 2008, 12:12 PM) One...   Sep 16 2008, 07:32 PM
Tungster   ^ Word. Science isn't base off beliefs and hop...   Sep 16 2008, 07:38 PM
cakedout   Lol, you also can't explain love using numbers...   Sep 16 2008, 07:52 PM
NoSex   QUOTE(cakedout @ Sep 16 2008, 07:52 PM) L...   Sep 16 2008, 08:32 PM
Blaqheartedstar   ^not joining in on the argument there. QUOTE(Spir...   Sep 16 2008, 09:49 PM
fameONE   Over the past couple years, I've drifted away ...   Sep 17 2008, 01:46 AM
x3missy   "The religion is responsible for its follower...   Sep 17 2008, 03:47 AM
mipadi   QUOTE(x3missy @ Sep 17 2008, 04:47 AM) Wh...   Sep 28 2008, 09:59 AM
Blaqheartedstar   ^ women should have the choice. Tired of all these...   Sep 17 2008, 04:23 AM
SammyTheHeadbutt   I agree that when some religious people prechng ab...   Sep 24 2008, 07:21 AM
Reidar   QUOTE(SammyTheHeadbutt @ Sep 24 2008, 07...   Sep 27 2008, 10:41 PM
MolecularStudios   My Religion Post Just read it, its funny actually   Sep 28 2008, 11:44 AM
ChesterRevolver   I think that Science is more important than religi...   Sep 30 2008, 12:55 PM
Stuckie   QUOTE(ChesterRevolver @ Sep 30 2008, 11:5...   Sep 30 2008, 02:25 PM
brooklyneast05   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Sep 30 2008, 02:25 PM) Yo...   Sep 30 2008, 02:27 PM
Stuckie   You're right an old story told by one source i...   Sep 30 2008, 03:47 PM
brooklyneast05   what ordinary citizens? i've never heard of th...   Sep 30 2008, 04:01 PM
Stuckie   QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:01...   Sep 30 2008, 05:00 PM
ChesterRevolver   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Sep 30 2008, 06:00 PM) Wh...   Sep 30 2008, 05:15 PM
Stuckie   QUOTE(ChesterRevolver @ Sep 30 2008, 04:1...   Sep 30 2008, 05:36 PM
ChesterRevolver   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Sep 30 2008, 06:36 PM) Th...   Sep 30 2008, 05:39 PM
NoSex   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Sep 30 2008, 05:36 PM) Yo...   Oct 2 2008, 03:28 AM
fameONE   QUOTE(NoSex @ Oct 2 2008, 02:28 AM) p.s. ...   Oct 2 2008, 04:55 AM
Stuckie   QUOTE(NoSex @ Oct 2 2008, 02:28 AM) bulls...   Oct 2 2008, 01:45 PM
NoSex   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Oct 2 2008, 01:45 PM) You...   Oct 2 2008, 02:31 PM
kryogenix   QUOTE(NoSex @ Oct 2 2008, 02:31 PM) you...   Oct 6 2008, 07:51 PM
mipadi   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 6 2008, 08:51 PM) C...   Oct 6 2008, 07:59 PM
brooklyneast05   QUOTE(Stuckie @ Sep 30 2008, 05:00 PM) Wh...   Sep 30 2008, 05:20 PM
Stuckie   QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 30 2008, 04:20...   Oct 1 2008, 04:38 AM
brooklyneast05   i don't understand why you think that is a sou...   Oct 1 2008, 06:57 AM
kryogenix   How many scientists was it that supported the glob...   Oct 6 2008, 08:26 PM
mipadi   I suggest you verify the seriousness of your sourc...   Oct 6 2008, 09:11 PM
kryogenix   I'm sorry, I just looked for a quick citation....   Oct 6 2008, 09:54 PM
mipadi   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 6 2008, 10:54 PM) R...   Oct 6 2008, 10:33 PM
kryogenix   I'd trust the opinion of someone who went thro...   Oct 6 2008, 10:42 PM
mipadi   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 6 2008, 11:42 PM) I...   Oct 7 2008, 06:52 AM
mipadi   There's also a consensus among the vast majori...   Oct 7 2008, 10:36 AM
kryogenix   I'm not disputing global warming. My argument...   Oct 7 2008, 10:52 AM
mipadi   Poor choice of words on my part, but the links als...   Oct 7 2008, 11:24 AM
kryogenix   Fair enough. Let me get back with you on this lat...   Oct 7 2008, 11:27 AM
kryogenix   Kay double post, sorry :] More of a bump, tbh. Ma...   Oct 7 2008, 05:45 PM
brooklyneast05   i still have to read more into the whole petition ...   Oct 7 2008, 07:32 PM
dosomethin888   There is an extremely simple answer to this... it ...   Oct 14 2008, 01:41 AM
NoSex   QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Oct 14 2008, 01:41 ...   Oct 15 2008, 01:33 AM
PCDKitty   I think that science is more important. Not saying...   Oct 15 2008, 05:39 PM
fameONE   My beliefs have changed tremendously over the past...   Oct 16 2008, 12:39 AM
kryogenix   Brando, what are your thoughts on Deism?   Oct 16 2008, 02:08 PM
fameONE   I have a great amount of respect for Deism. That i...   Oct 18 2008, 03:23 AM
NoSex   deism is the pansy-ass transitional period between...   Oct 19 2008, 02:31 PM
kryogenix   QUOTE(NoSex @ Oct 19 2008, 02:31 PM) deis...   Oct 19 2008, 05:17 PM
fameONE   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 19 2008, 04:17 PM) ...   Oct 19 2008, 11:29 PM
mipadi   QUOTE(fameONE @ Oct 20 2008, 12:29 AM) I ...   Oct 20 2008, 12:37 AM
fameONE   QUOTE(mipadi @ Oct 19 2008, 11:37 PM) Wel...   Oct 20 2008, 02:26 AM
mipadi   QUOTE(fameONE @ Oct 20 2008, 03:26 AM) Wh...   Oct 20 2008, 10:01 AM
kryogenix   QUOTE(mipadi @ Oct 20 2008, 10:01 AM) I u...   Oct 20 2008, 12:56 PM
Reidar   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 20 2008, 12:56 PM) ...   Oct 20 2008, 03:28 PM
kryogenix   QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 20 2008, 03:28 PM) The...   Oct 21 2008, 12:25 AM
KINGdinguhling   QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 20 2008, 12:28 PM) The...   Jan 23 2009, 07:02 AM
Reidar   QUOTE(KINGdinguhling @ Jan 23 2009, 07:02...   Jan 23 2009, 07:10 AM
KINGdinguhling   QUOTE(Reidar @ Jan 23 2009, 04:10 AM) I g...   Jan 23 2009, 04:36 PM
Reidar   QUOTE(KINGdinguhling @ Jan 23 2009, 07:02...   Jan 23 2009, 09:10 PM
KINGdinguhling   QUOTE(Reidar @ Jan 23 2009, 06:10 PM) Som...   Jan 23 2009, 09:13 PM
pessimist   RE: science vs religon   Oct 19 2008, 05:49 PM
Whinoa   it's amazing. my thread lasts for 4 years.   Oct 20 2008, 01:05 AM
NoSex   QUOTE(kryogenix @ Oct 19 2008, 05:17 PM) ...   Oct 20 2008, 01:42 AM
pessimist   QUOTE(NoSex @ Oct 19 2008, 11:42 PM) so y...   Oct 20 2008, 01:46 AM
kryogenix   It's cool, I'd be lying if I said that pos...   Oct 20 2008, 09:16 AM
doughnut   i believe religion = human invention science = no...   Oct 20 2008, 10:33 AM
fameONE   My mother's side of the family is Catholic... ...   Oct 21 2008, 12:57 AM
NoSex   QUOTE(fameONE @ Oct 20 2008, 02:26 AM) Wh...   Oct 21 2008, 01:56 AM
kryogenix   It also lets me do what I want without worry of be...   Oct 21 2008, 02:00 AM
applejaxkz   Science, no need for a reason. Religion is just ma...   Nov 14 2008, 07:08 PM
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto   I started out with being brought up on religion. I...   Jan 23 2009, 11:35 AM
MolecularStudios   Lets put it in perspective: SCIENTIFIC ADVANCES ...   Jan 23 2009, 05:19 PM
KINGdinguhling   QUOTE(MolecularStudios @ Jan 23 2009, 02...   Jan 23 2009, 05:24 PM
Tung   Both Science and Religion are used as a form of so...   Jan 23 2009, 05:26 PM
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto   I just don't see how religion can explain ever...   Jan 23 2009, 05:32 PM
KINGdinguhling   i dont see how science can explain everything eith...   Jan 23 2009, 05:34 PM
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto   but it certainly can explain alot of things where ...   Jan 23 2009, 06:00 PM
Tung   If you combine Religion and Science you get RELIE...   Jan 23 2009, 06:02 PM
brooklyneast05   RELIGION DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE UNIVERSE. i neve...   Jan 23 2009, 06:03 PM
kryogenix   QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 23 2009, 05:03...   Jan 23 2009, 06:04 PM
Tung   I know I was just saying. I thought you knew I was...   Jan 23 2009, 06:04 PM
brooklyneast05   yeah i know you are tung. except that one time whe...   Jan 23 2009, 06:07 PM
Tung   QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 23 2009, 03:07...   Jan 23 2009, 06:10 PM
brooklyneast05   i know where you're coming from though. i thin...   Jan 23 2009, 06:15 PM
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 > » 


Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: