Reply to this topicStart new topic
Puberty. Sex. Life ?, for girls
jambaJUICE
post Dec 5 2004, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Can't have the hand without the cock.

Group: Member
Member No: 50,622

*edited to match the FAQs in the boy's lockeroom.
Okay, Let's clear things up.

Please add to this if you have anything to add to it, whether it be comments, questions, or more answers.

----

pu·ber·ty (pybr-t)

n.
The stage of adolescence in which an individual becomes physiologically capable of sexual reproduction.

What are signs of puberty?
At the age of as early as 9 to as old as 17, you'll go through changes. ( Obviously )
[*]You'll notice that you have pubic hair (pubes) down there.
  • With most girls, they'll have vaginal discharge (cum) -- dont fret if it's yellow or clear or white. That's normal. Haha.
Notice I said "most," (that doesn't mean all girls will.) Some girls would just get their period and have vaginal discharge afterwards. "Usually" girls will develop vaginal discharge 1-3 years before they get their period.

Har har har.

OMGZ I LYK JUST GOT FREAKISHLY TALL!
Chill out. It's just a growth spurt. Some girls will grow 3, 4, 5+ in. taller, and sometimes you'll experience growing pains. If that's the matter, then you have to go to your mom or whatever and get some tylenol and wrap up whatever bones are aching, such as your knees. In my observations, i've noticed that most growing pains occur in the knees.

cry.gif OMG I AM SO FAT. I JUST GAINED blahblah POUNDS!
Yeah and? You're growing up, you're gonna eat more. Plus, your period makes you eat more.

Either way, you probably will grow somehow whether it be height, weight, whatever.
[/size]

Menstruation?
wtf is menstruation?
Menstruation is your period.. duhh.
Your period is basically, you going into your "womanhood."
Yeah, you'll get boobies. Haha.

What happens to you when you get your period?
Some things would include :
  • Cramps. Some girls have it bad, others won't ;
    What are cramps? Cramps are those pains you get on your lower belly, or lower back. It's basically stating that your body is exercising it's birth muscles. The more pain you feel during cramps.. probably the harder it'll be during birth. Heh.
QUOTE(KRicoBoriqua @ Dec 25 2004, 7:09 PM)
About the cramping thing...i was told it was pain from the blood clotting...thats why they tell u to exercise and move around becuz it gets the blood flowing again. Also if u drink less caffine it helps out with cramps. and those playtex heating patches really work for me too. wink.gif

Ways to ignore, or weaken the pain of cramps ;
  • Breathing Exercises. Count to 8. Inhale. Exhale

• Think happy thoughts.

• Exercise. You may think that your period makes you incapable of being active, and athletic, but you never know. It might give you an extra boost wink.gif. In fact, running helps quite a few people get over cramps.

• Take midol and rest.
QUOTE(iloveyourname @ Dec 25 2004, 10:45 PM)
-Actually.. It's cramping mainly because your uterus is pushing out all the old tissues and the egg you didnt fertilize in that month.. Also, as for the pain.. People have different tolerances of pain so to one person even bloating could feel like the coming death to them and to others the worst pain and cramps, they may feel hardly anything.. It all depends on the person. ^-^ But I liked the topic.. Learned stuff I knew (my family is full of nurses -.-;) Thanks!

QUOTE(gotnoheart @ Mar 19 2005, 9:16 AM)
for the cramps part, you should add that using a hot water pad (i think) is very helpful. if you don't have one, a regular water bottle is fine too. the water should be very hot, but not boiling.

and for those of you that are worried because you are 14 or 15 and haven't had your period yet...DON'T WORRY! nothing's wrong. some girls have it late...some girls have it early. it just varies. so...stop worrying! happy.gif

PMS PreMenstrual Syndrome/Stress ( correct ?) Some girls have it. Others dont.
Yeah isn't that weird how it's "pre," meaning before? Hehe.
Sometimes PMS comes, before, sometimes during, sometimes after, sometimes not at all, sometimes throughout the whole process. Its really funky sometimes.
QUOTE(perfectxflaw23 @ Mar 11 2005, 11:09 AM)
Actually, I was taught in health class that it is ONLY before. But you can experience the symptoms at any stage of your period.

Ways to deal with your PMS;
  • Breathing Exercise when you're pissed.

• Try to keep calm, and be optimistic no matter what. Even if you feel like you're depressed. The happier you are. The least chance of PMS. Plus, if you always look on the brighter side, you're period will last for a shorter amount of time. && you won't be called a bitch wink.gif .

• Ignore anything and anyone that irks your arse off. If someone is taunting you, bugging you, bitching at you. Ignore them. And put a smile on. Sounds hard, seems hard, I know. But it's kind of worth it. Esp. if the anyone is your parents _dry.gif .

More Symptoms That Might Occur..
Excessive Eating Habits - Either before, after, or during, you`ll experience some weird eating habits. You'll either WANT FOOD SO BADLY. Or feel like you're not hungry at all, or you just can't stop eating. Hunger pains, hunger callings, whatever you want to call it. Just eat. Don't go all anorexic. & eat healthy. Don't pig out on all that greasy food. Hehe.
&&Most girls crave chocolate, or something sour wink.gif .
(If you're odd, like me, you'll gain 5 pounds, and end up losing it when you're periods over. pinch.gif )
-Breaking Out - Yes. Sadly, some girls who never break out. Or girls that do break out. End up.. Breaking out. Waka waka. Just sleep well, and hopefully it'll go away.
-Smell - Oh dear God. cry.gif
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE YOUR SHOWERS
Some girls contract a bad b.o. during their periods. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
If you're young, and haven't started using deodarant. Start using it. stubborn.gif
* & remember, if you catch a stanky whiff of yourself, everyone around you has been smelling it for the past 10 minutes or so.

Some ways to take care of your body.
  • Do not be a lazy oaf. Get up an exercise. Being lazy won't help at all.

• Eat healthily. Some chocolate, and junk/fast food is okay occasionally. Just not all the time

• ALWAYS SHOWER & Use deodarant, but it'd be a good idea not to use deodarant at night, because deodorant makes your armpits darken. I suggest that you take a shower, in which you wash your hair at night, then in the morning take a shower -- without wetting your hair, then apply deodorant.

• Carry extra pads. and change your pad. Unless you use tamps, then you carry extra and change accordingly.

• For more ways, you can Check Out The Boys FAQs
Bras
I'm too shy to ask my mom about bras.. and its so embarassing to ask the sales lady. ermm.gif
Never fear, you have the Sizing Calculator here! *You'll need to know how to use a tape measurer. Please don't use a ruler, or one of those measurers that you're dad uses.

Wearing Bras to Sleep..
Supposedly, wearing bras to sleep gives you the chance of getting breast cancer (yeah what doesn't?). However, wearing bras to sleep will ENSURE the great risk of you getting veins on your boobies when you get older. (And crossing your legs will pop veins giving you ugly legs when your older, too.)

PUBES
Hah, the neverending question of pubes
You can trim, wax, shave whatever.
*if you shave.. i think you're supposed to shave towards the hair, not against it. I guess. and if you shave the wrong way. Don't freak out if you get all these red bumps. It's not herpes. Just skin irritation. Use aloe vera.

Facial Hair
Omg.. I think I have a mustache. cry.gif / UNIBROW O.O
Yeah yeah, it's facial hair sweetie. Everyone's got some whiskers, just some girls have it darker/more than others. But one thing's for sure. DONT SHAVE IT OFF. some girls shave it off/wax it off/tweez it off, or get that nair stuff. Don't. It'll just grow back more embarassing than before. If you are REALLY embarrased by it. There's this sally hansen lip bleaching stuff called Creme Hair Bleach For Face that you can get at a local drugstore, like Sav-on, Osco, etc. Not so sure if it works or not.
But if you must insist on something else. Ask Sally

HOLY SH*T I JUST GOT MY PERIOD WHAT DO I DO?!
  • Wash up.

• Tell your Mom.

• CHANGE UNDERWEAR

• Put on a pad.

• By all means, Stay calm.

Breast Cancer
QUOTE(allthatglitterss @ Mar 23 2005, 1:42 PM)
also we should let girls know after they hit like 16 or something to learn how to do breast self examinations so they can detect breast cancer earlier. but we shouldn't scare them, either. 1/8 women get breast cancer, and it rarely happens before the age of 20.

QUOTE(wonders79 @ Mar 24 2005, 3:00 PM)
symptons:
-A lump is detected, which is usually single, firm, and most often painless.
-A portion of the skin on the breast or underarm swells and has an unusual appearance.
-Veins on the skin surface become more prominent on one breast.
-The breast nipple becomes inverted, develops a rash, changes in skin texture, or has a discharge other than breast milk.

and i found a breast cancer self-examination on the internet:
1. IN THE SHOWER Fingers flat, move gently over every part of each breast. Use your right hand to examine left breast, left hand for right breast.
Check for any lump, hard knot or thickening. Carefully observe any changes in your breasts.
2. BEFORE A MIRROR Inspect your breasts with arms at your sides. Next, raise your arms high overhead.
Look for any changes in contour of each breast, a swelling, a dimpling of skin or changes in the nipple. Then rest palm on hips and press firmly to flex your chest muscles. Left and right breasts will not exactly match - few women's breasts do.
3. LYING DOWN Place pillow under right shoulder, right arm behind your head. With fingers of left hand flat, press right breast gently in small circular motions, moving vertically or in a circular pattern covering the entire breast. Use light, medium and firm pressure. Squeeze nipple; check for discharge and lumps. Repeat these steps for your left breast.

I'm *insert age here,* and I haven't gotten my period yet ermm.gif
Don't worry about it, you'll get your period soon enough. In fact, the longer you do without your period, the better. More time of childhood. No bitching. No having to wait till it's done to go swimming. No dealing with pads or tampons.

I just got my period... It's really whack.
I'll have it for 3 days. The next time I'll have it for 10
Deal with it. You're period won't be normal for another 1 - 3 years -- in other words, just like you, you're period develops as well. Meaning, you won't have your period like the average 3-5 days and such, until your period has accustomed itself to your body. Most of the time, your so-called "final" period time, is the time it elapsed during the first few months or so, when you first got your period. Kind of confusing isn't it?

I'm so young. And i have my period. Nobody else in my class has it. I don't want anyone to think I'm weird.. What do I do?
It's okay. Don't be ashamed of your period. Just act normal. You're still the same person.

OH SHIT MY PERIOD BLED THROUGH ph34r.gif
AHHH OMG. My period missed the pad ! ( Yes that's possible. That's why it's more convienient to wear longer sized pads. *Just make sure it doesnt stick out from ur undies* Sometimes it better to wear a bigger pad. Most girls are ashamed of wearing big pads, and try wearing smaller ones. Don't be ashamed. )
In a situation where you bled through. Go to CODE RED. Hit the bathroom stalls. Change your pad. & tie a sweatshirt around your waist. Don't have a sweatshirt? Simple. Find a pack of ketchup. Stick it in your pocket. If someone asks what happened. Say you say on ketchup & if they ask anymore. Pull out the ketchup.

If that doesnt work. Just go to the nurse's office.
OR if you want to be cautious. Carry around an extra pair of pants with you in your backpack. Hehe.

---

sex (sks/secks)

n.

1. The property or quality by which organisms are classified as female or male on the basis of their reproductive organs and functions.
2. Either of the two divisions, designated female and male, of this classification.
3. Females or males considered as a group.
4. The condition or character of being female or male; the physiological, functional, and psychological differences that distinguish the female and the male.
5. The sexual urge or instinct as it manifests itself in behavior.
6. Sexual intercourse.

I am still a virgin so I can't answer what it is like to have sex. wink.gif

But, this is just my opinion of sex...

If you're going to have sex. DON'T BE PRESSURED INTO IT.
& Always use protection.

However.. I discourage the practice of any kind of sex under the age of 17.
Yeah sure you're curious. But at least wait it out till you're 17.
& Even if you can't control your hormones. Wait till you're at least 15 to do any kind of sexual relations. ie. oral sex, etc.

Does it hurt when you have sex?
-It depends on the girl. Some say it hurts like hell, others not at all. For me-it barely hurt, I was sore the day after. Also, USE PROTECTION. Condoms are your best friend if you are sexually active, esp. if you're not on birth control.
QUOTE(xxcrazyjewxx @ Mar 13 2005, 2:54 PM)
"does it hurt when you have sex"
-it depends on the girl. some it hurts like hell, others not at all. for me-it barely hurt, i was sore the day after. also USE PROTECTION. condoms are your best friend if you are sexually active, esp. if you're not on birth control.

QUOTE(someflipguy @ Mar 16 2005, 3:51 AM)
Good Job on the subject!
here something hopefully nobody has said it, if so just ignore!
- Putting two condoms does not help from pregnancy or stds.  Could make it worse, condoms could break!

Misc..

QUOTE(robb0 @ Mar 26 2005, 10:23 PM)
FOR CONDOMS::

dont place em in ur/urbf's wallet. it will not work properly.

Yeah, even though this is the girl's lockerroom.
Some girls might be precautious, and might carry a condom around.
Keeping condoms in wallets will deactivate the condom because of the heat it contracts. There's a topic in the boys lockerroom somewhere that elaborates more on this.

Masterbation
Yeah masterbation is a sin. But if you aren't of a Catholic, Christian, or whatever faith, you can pursue whatever fantasy you want.

According to my faith, Masterbation is a sin. Why? Because "in a way" it's considered, sex to one self. Spiritually, I suppose you're no longer a virgin because you had "sex to one self" before marriage, meaning you also sinned. However, physically you're probably still a virgin.. unless you broke your cherry rolleyes.gif .

And yes, handjobs, blowjobs, fingerbangs, etc. etc. are all forms of SEX.

Yet again, there's a topic about this that elaborates more in the boys locker room, and if you disagree about what i put on masterbation, whether it being a sin or not. There should be a topic about it in debate, i think.
---

Hah, yeah, I was bored.

*IF THIS STILL AINT HELPFUL you could try beinggirl.com. Haha, I remember going there when I first got my period.. like 2-3 years ago -__-

This post has been edited by Frankie: Jun 27 2005, 11:37 AM

DrEaMgUy2K1
post Dec 5 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #2

F**k me Beautiful

Member No: 30,124

Someone should Pin this, and um , edit about the sex thing >< .

Its not very informative :O , Or maybe ill just give my input. And doesnt PMS stand for pre menstral stress? iono .

*krnxswat*
post Dec 5 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Haha. Awesome.
Answered many questions about my irregular period, thanks; really cleared it up.

Good job! thumbsup.gif

jambaJUICE
post Dec 5 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(krnxswat @ Dec 5 2004, 11:25 PM)
Haha. Awesome.
Answered many questions about my irregular period, thanks; really cleared it up.

Good job! thumbsup.gif

00ts. don't stick that tampon in too long now wink.gif

ArtificialBlonde
post Dec 6 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #5

You're a blue eyed lightning bolt.

Member No: 29,896

wow..that gives a lot of info for the people that need it..boredom does help sometimes..lol

*krnxswat*
post Dec 6 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(jambaJUICE @ Dec 5 2004, 11:26 PM)
00ts. don't stick that tampon in too long now  wink.gif

It.. it... broke in there cry.gif
What do I do!?!?!? cry.gif cry.gif ohmy.gif

jambaJUICE
post Dec 6 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(krnxswat @ Dec 6 2004, 12:31 AM)
It.. it... broke in there cry.gif
What do I do!?!?!? cry.gif  cry.gif  ohmy.gif

Rofl. laugh.gif Shove another one up there.
&then wait for the broken one to come out through your mouth. happy.gif

gelionie
post Dec 6 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #8

say maydayism.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 26,344

This really should be pinned...
saves people from asking and asking the same questions over and over again (lol I'm repeating words).

dreamerOi
post Dec 6 2004, 02:55 AM
Post #9

aiko Nakamura at your service

Member No: 18,144

woahhh very long. but great info stepho. i was sort of just skimmed but yes good info. should be pinned.

chantel314
post Dec 6 2004, 06:48 AM
Post #10

Member No: 65,764

This is really great info!

*krnxswat*
post Dec 6 2004, 05:12 PM
Post #11

^bump.

Just so more people see this.

I.Luff.Emo.Boys.
post Dec 6 2004, 06:04 PM
Post #12

Somethin' bout the way you shine...

Member No: 48,223

when im on my period i dont eat. thats like thetonly bad thing... and well i get PMS but i dont have any cramps.

inthemudhole
post Dec 6 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #13

Brie

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 20,548

Whoa, this is great.

Nice, Steph. :)

This SHOULD be pinned.
It's even better than th284003843's relationships advice, so this should DEFINITELY be pinned.

mouse_3k
post Dec 6 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #14

Blasian, Asian, INVASION!

Group: Official Member
Member No: 16,769

nicely put...well done XD

mouse_3k
post Dec 6 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #15

Blasian, Asian, INVASION!

Group: Official Member
Member No: 16,769

nicely put...well done XD

jennyjenny
post Dec 6 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #16

Member No: 28,115

I think you need to be more descriptive for sex wink.gif

jambaJUICE
post Dec 6 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(AzNxJenny91 @ Dec 6 2004, 7:14 PM)
I think you need to be more descriptive for sex wink.gif

Yeah. That's why I asked people to add to this.
Since, I'm still a virgin, I haven't experienced any sexual relations.
Haha.

xlitoxb
post Dec 6 2004, 09:35 PM
Post #18

thanhnie

Member No: 26,059

Props. ^_^ Good information so that way if some ppl are afraid to ask they can just read it. =D

BlackSabbathXXVI
post Dec 6 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #19

Biscuit

Member No: 20,755

QUOTE(jambaJUICE @ Dec 5 2004, 11:10 PM)
-Try to keep calm, and be optimistic no matter what. Even if you feel like you're depressed. The happier you are. The least chance of PMS. Plus, if you always look on the brighter side, you're period will last for a shorter amount of time.

Dude...that's so not true. Believe me, I wish it was. So really, don't post about things you don't know about.

jambaJUICE
post Dec 6 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #20

Dude. That so is true. Believe me, it does work. It's hard, but it works. A lot of girls I know, including myself, have tried to be nicer on their period days, and instead of their usual 5-7 days, it cuts down to like.. 3.

BTW -
If you don't like what I'm saying.
Then at least give something better to put.
Don't just criticize my writing and not give anything in return. _dry.gif

dani41790
post Dec 7 2004, 01:03 AM
Post #21

Hi! I'm Dani :)

Member No: 3,369

wow. this should be pinned so pplz will stop asking soo many questions about it

lylbabyblooz
post Dec 7 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #22

if i was a rich girl..

Member No: 36,836

-Cramps. Some girls have it bad, others won't ;
What are cramps? Cramps are those pains you get on your lower belly, or lower back. It's basically stating that your body is exercising it's birth muscles. The more pain you feel during cramps.. probably the harder it'll be during birth. Hah.

ohmy.gif ohmy. seriously. ?

aznhunnie6o1
post Dec 7 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #23

Oh babyy. :d

Member No: 30,708

wow this is funny and great. and yes it should be pinned.

-Try to keep calm, and be optimistic no matter what. Even if you feel like you're depressed. The happier you are. The least chance of PMS. Plus, if you always look on the brighter side, you're period will last for a shorter amount of time.

i should try that.. ive been known to have really bad PMS pinch.gif

thanks for the advice. happy.gif

*x____duckii*
post Dec 7 2004, 10:45 AM
Post #24

Oooh, maybe this will stop so many stupid topics from getting started.

You can also get rid of cramps by drinking a lot of water and getting enough calcium. And for the sex thing — always wear a condom while having sex. Okay, I"m done.

ApocalypseAelis
post Dec 7 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #25

Member No: 68,217

This is really good info! happy.gif I didn't know about the cramps being your birth muscles excercising before...but if you have cramps more often, wouldn't that mean your birth would be easier? I mean, if you excercise them, they would be more flexible and it would be easier to give birth... _unsure.gif

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: