Reply to this topicStart new topic
Alone
TheSilenceInDict...
post Oct 13 2004, 03:44 AM
Post #1

Will write poetry for sex!

Group: Member
Member No: 600

This is a selection from a collection of stories I had to do for an English class.
---

Alone

Everyone has a big fear or two, maybe even more. I absolutely despised mine. For some reason, being alone bothered me. It's pretty ironic, seeing as to how I can be pretty independent. But the idea of just being alone struck me with inexplicable fear. I would picture myself in some dark, desolate room, with my screams and cries failing to break through the invisible walls. The idea and feeling of being alone was just as I would picture it. My needs, my pleas, screams, opinions, emotions translated into words burning off into a universe of neglected nothingness. The world, everyone in it with their backs turned to me, ignoring me, ridiculing me, isolating me. Sometimes I would feel isolated from myself. A frustrating neutrality of self-awareness, living in my mind with a stranger.

I think back and remember being about ten years old. Those cruel, empty Saturday afternoons that often dragged in gloomy clouds burnt with red demise. The yearning for a brother, a sister - hell, anyone lingering inside, and would continue on even until my teenage years. I would be in my room, trapped with nothing to do. Just sitting, allowing time to slowly pass by. And then it would happen. Nothing in particular really triggers it. A lonely sensation at first, it would then grow into something so overwhelming, so painful. Even now it is hard to describe exactly how it felt. It was horrible. A ten year old me, curled up in his bed, crying...washed over by loneliness. I would always pray for a brother or sister, hoping to rid me of those aching Saturday afternoons.

I've learned to overcome that unwanted random feeling. I guess I just grew out of it. Maybe it stopped when I accepted the absence of any siblings, and began to appreciate other companions I would find in friends. I'm still not sure. The feeling sometimes comes back.

melface
post Oct 13 2004, 08:19 AM
Post #2

cb=bullshit.

Member No: 3,793

This makes me feel... so ... sad [cries]....
I've felt the same way at times...

--Each time I read anything by you, it's as if I can hear you reading it to me.... You have such a lovely voice flowers.gif

dispn0ygonekrazy
post Oct 13 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #3

*Influential Guitarist & Inspiring Writer*

Group: Official Member
Member No: 51,134

lol nice one joe i can relate to that..lol mel

rainnydaiis
post Oct 13 2004, 08:48 AM
Post #4

SOS Brigade!!

Member No: 47,775

wow i can relate to this.. good job =P

TheSilenceInDict...
post Oct 13 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #5

You all can relate to it?
I'm surprised and happy that I'm not the only one.
I hated that feeling...It would just spontaneously wash over me...Oh the woes of the pre-teen, pre-pubescent life...

Each time I read anything by you, it's as if I can hear you reading it to me.... You have such a lovely voice

Awww, thanks sweetie.
I enjoy reading my writing out loud to you...
Maybe you can do the same some time. wink.gif

dreamerOi
post Oct 13 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #6

aiko Nakamura at your service

Member No: 18,144

wows i think a lot of people can relate to it in theyr own way(including me ohmy.gif ) so yeup i say congrats

TheSilenceInDict...
post Oct 13 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #7

Ah, wow, another one who can relate.
Man, so what would you guys do to cope with the overwhelming loneliness?

xquizit
post Oct 13 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #8

wanderlust personified.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 797

This one really touched me particularly because I can relate to it. Not only have I dealt with this "unwanted random feeling" during my childhood, but I still feel it yesterday, today, and probably will tomorrow. Everyday I am struck with that feeling that you just described, but I think I've just gotten used to it. Sad but true I guess.

TheSilenceInDict...
post Oct 13 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #9

Wow, I'm so surprised that I'm not the only one.
I never understood that feeling, but I hated it, and thought that only I had endured it's grip.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: