Closed TopicStart new topic
Current Myspace Errors (Read before posting), UPDATED: July 13th, 2007
clarity
post Feb 16 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #1

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

Alright, So I've been noticing topics presenting a problem that is caused my a MySpace error. Kara (StanelyThePanda) and I had the Idea to make an error topic. In this topic you'll be able to find of the errors that you may find with MySpace. So please, if something is not right with your MySpace, please refer to this topic first before creating a new topic.

If this thread isn't updated as often as needed, and you don't see the problem you are having. Check here.

Current Errors as of April 23rd. 9:20 PM EST

Position:Absolute; :
Myspace has blocked the "Position: abosolute" in coding, and made it non-case sensitive. Follow the instructions below to learn how to get around this problem:
QUOTE(Syphon @ Apr 23 2007, 8:50 PM) *
Seems like they added a filter for the position tags. You change it to "position : absolute"

Bulletins: This hasn't been affecting everyone, but for some people, recent bulletins are not showing up. MySpace has been currently working on bulletins over the weekend, so I'm pretty sure they're notified. I'm not sure when this will be fixed though.
From what I have herd, this has been fixed, although if your still having problems with bulletins its probably caused by the same error.

Online Sign: Your online sign maybe stretching out at the moment, but don't worry it's only a error and should be fixed soon.
Example:

Log-in Problems:
Lots of you have been creating topics about login problems. This includes not being able to log in, changing your email yet it still doesn't work, etc. We can not do much to help you here. All the log-in problems are caused by MySpace. Its an error that they happen to be taking a long time to fix. I highly suggest you contact them. Don't count on getting a reply, but it is worth a try. There is nothing we can do to help you here sadly. Hopefully the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Music Codes:
Due to the fact MySpace changes EMBED codes to a different code, these codes no longer work at the moment. Once they are changed, they are changed to a weird blue type player and can only be seen/herd in internet explorer. My best bet would be (if you don't want people know what music is playing on your profile) is to use the general MySpace Music Player and hide it, in which the code can be found here: http://www.createblog.com/scripts/download.php?id=513

Messages: You may be having problems with the messaging system right now. It's just a MySpace error and should be fixed soon.

Online now icons. The code to change you online now icon has been changed. Please refer to this page to find out the new code.

Adding a music player to your page: Myspace is currently facing an error which does not allow everyone to add new songs (from myspace music pages) to their page. So , all you can do is keep trying or read this thread.

Music Problems: Your music may not be playing properly, I don't know the cause of thi, and theres nothing you can really do, so wait it out.

Comment boxes: Myspace filtered the input tags. View This thread.
(Contributed by : create yourself)
They should be working now. If you're still having problems refer to the link above.

msplinks.com/ - This isn't a Myspace error. This is a new security feature that they are using. If you have a layout with custom links they should adjust themselves. Don't worry, people will still be able to message and add you.

Myspace Ad Hidden: This seems to be a problem that lots of people are making topics about. A lot of the time it's nothing wrong with your code, but a myspace error.

Possible solutions:
QUOTE(anime-essence @ Jul 13 2007, 11:14 AM) *
It's nothing you're doing wrong. I've encountered this problem also while coding div overlays. It is specifically the z-index. Anything over 1, placed over the ad will cover it. If you start using 0 for your header image then the problem should be fixed. Although, when a flash ad banner appears, the ad always seems to overlap the header image (when I am coding). The ad fluctuates from time to time showing up and not.

This post has been edited by alovesopure: Aug 2 2007, 01:49 PM

freeflow
post Apr 11 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #2

t-t-t-toyaaa

Member No: 11,270

Photobucket users can no longer post their videos on myspace
Breaking news: Posting from Photobucket to MySpace
A Message to our Customers

Today MySpace made the decision to prevent Photobucket users from posting their videos and remixes to their MySpace pages.

This action by MySpace means that all of the videos and remixes you created will no longer show up on your MySpace profile, blog and comments section. More specifically, if you attempt to add new videos or remixes to your profile, they will be removed.

We are not happy about this and we’re pretty sure you’re not happy either. We appreciate that you have invested hundreds of thousands of hours using the editing, remixing and management tools and features available only on Photobucket. In particular, you've all been really embracing videos at Photobucket -- to the tune of 50,000 video uploads a day, which is great. Rest assured that your content is being kept safe in your Photubucket album even though it may disappear from your MySpace pages.

We believe that by limiting your ability to personalize your pages with content from any source, MySpace is contradicting the very belief of personal and social media. MySpace became successful because of the creativity of you, its users, and because it offered a forum for self-expression. By severely restricting this freedom, MySpace is showing that it considers you as a commodity which it can treat as it sees fit.

Note, photos can still be posted from Photobucket to MySpace. This action by MySpace appears to only affect videos and remixes.

What can you do?

Vote with your feet and your keyboards. Tell MySpace how you feel.

(1) Write to mscontact@myspace.com or click here to give them your thoughts.

(2) Send a MySpace bulletin to all your friends telling them to also give MySpace their feedback.

(3) You can also post a comment on this blog.

http://blog.photobucket.com/blog/2007/04/b...ing_news_p.html

Thanks Helena (flaymzofice)

*Azarel*
post Apr 20 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Hiding Details
(Without removing your Extended Network & Blog)

Please refer to this thread. Myspace has started filtering out "hidethem"; this script has been updated so that it now works again.

xxtangoisnotfor3
post Apr 22 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #4

peace and love

Group: Member
Member No: 53,946

the edit profile page isnt showing up.
not even as safe mode. cry.gif

deletethisplease
post Apr 22 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Member No: 505,941

yuppp. some error with editpro/safe mode

marzipan
post Apr 22 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #6

Krista.

Member No: 391,319

QUOTE(xxtangoisnotfor3 @ Apr 22 2007, 1:43 PM) *
the edit profile page isnt showing up.
not even as safe mode. cry.gif

Same here!

freeflow
post Apr 22 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #7

t-t-t-toyaaa

Member No: 11,270

It will be fixed soon Problems like this are usually always temporary. If you want to keep up with the problem you can read threads like this where people will obviously post when its solved.

Syphon
post Apr 23 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #8

Member No: 166,427

Is it just me or is the "position:absolute" coding in the style tags getting changed to ".." when saving?
This is the current error I'm receiving. I even tried re-saving in safe mode and it was a no go.

Edit:
I found the solution. Seems like they added a filter for the position tags. You either have to change the capitalization of the word (ie. pOsition, posiTion, etc.) or change it to "position : absolute"

You can delete or move this post if it was in the wrong thread.

*StanleyThePanda*
post Apr 23 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #9

^ No, its the right thread. And I quoted you in the first post, hope you dont mind.
Just to help more people out. _smile.gif

SilentD
post Apr 24 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Failed Beauty

Member No: 160,853

QUOTE(Syphon @ Apr 23 2007, 5:50 PM) *
Is it just me or is the "position:absolute" coding in the style tags getting changed to ".." when saving?
This is the current error I'm receiving. I even tried re-saving in safe mode and it was a no go.

Edit:
I found the solution. Seems like they added a filter for the position tags. You either have to change the capitalization of the word (ie. pOsition, posiTion, etc.) or change it to "position : absolute"

You can delete or move this post if it was in the wrong thread.

it's not working for me..=(

ok nvm... it's working now =)

casaundra_donald
post Apr 25 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Member No: 505,438

Even when I change it to posiTion it still doesn't work.
:[

And a bunch of my already coded DIVS are messed up.
Please help me fix it!

yuriy
post Apr 25 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #12

Member No: 509,178

As of today position:absolute is filtered, position:static is still in tact.. my custom DIVs are not aligned anymore.. because of the filter.. also MySpace is being more gay then it was before.. any ideas on how we can fix the alignment of our DIVs??? please :)

EDIT: if you switch the position:absolute to position : absolute it works.. but MySpace is still gay..

*StanleyThePanda*
post Apr 25 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Saun @ Apr 25 2007, 6:23 PM) *
Even when I change it to posiTion it still doesn't work.
:[

And a bunch of my already coded DIVS are messed up.
Please help me fix it!

Did you try changing it to "position : absolute"?

yuriy
post Apr 26 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #14

can anyone tell me why would they filter this???

*StanleyThePanda*
post Apr 26 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #15

The only reason I would think of, is because some people use it to block ads? (or thats what I've heard, idk).

Other than that, I really don't know... and I don't think anyone actually knows for sure. ermm.gif

yuriy
post Apr 26 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #16

yea.. but idk I see no point of blocking that code.. it just makes people get mad.. and say MySpace sucks lol

shorty_d09
post Apr 27 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #17

Member No: 455,453

ok. so i tried to change the position:absolute;

i tried.

"position : absolute"

position : absolute;

position : absolute

pOsition:absolute;

and it just wont work.

someone please help.

flaymzofice
post Apr 27 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #18

Member No: 337,439

No idea whether this will work but try "position : absolute;"

It also could be that Myspace have stopped all variations of position:absolute altogether, people did say it might only be a temporary fix.

shorty_d09
post Apr 27 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #19

Member No: 455,453

so i there another way to make div pages with out position absolute.

like is there anyother div codes i can use.

illriginal
post Jul 5 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #20

Member No: 455,274

I think Myspace has disallowed this script:

<style>
form {display:none;}
table div form {display:inline;}
table, tr, td {visibility:hidden; border:0px; background-color:transparent;}
div td, .blurbs,
td.text div {visibility:visible;}
.interestsAndDetails, .extendedNetwork {display:none;}
body {background-color:transparent;}
.friendsAndComments {display:none;}
embed, object {visibility:visible;}
a.text, body table div font {display:none;}
body td div div {font-size:0px; letter-spacing:-5px; height:0px;}
</style>
</td></tr></table>
</td></tr></table>
<div class=FriendsAndComments>
<table style="display:none;"><tr><td>
<table><tr><td>

EDIT: Just refreshed my myspace profile, and there's a new message from myspace:

hey folks. weve just changed something with the stylesheet by mistake which means your profile may look a little different, or your hide friends / hide comments codes are not working. *dont* change your profile.. we'll fix it and change it back so it looks the same as before.. sorry, trying to figure out what we changed!

*Insurmountable*
post Jul 31 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #21

From the looks of it, just go here for now on:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...;friendID=86892

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: