1. Hair Do's
2. How To Avoid Oily Hair.
3. How To Properly Iron Your Hair.
4. Hair Don'ts.
5. Hair Do's.
6. How To Keep Hair Color Longer.
7. Tips For Sexier Hair.

Hair Do's:

[1] Always brush your hair before you shower.

- Oily hair needs a wide toothed comb.
- Dry or brittle hair needs a natrual bristle brush (boar's hair)
- "Normal" hair should use a rounded brush with natrual bristles

[2] Use lukewarm water, not hot. Here's what hot water does to diff. hair types.

- Oily hair becomes even oilier due to the heat causing oil glands to reproduce
- Dry or brittle hair becomes dryer to to the stripping of essential minerals.
- Normal hair starts to loose strength due to heat overexhaustion.

[3] Use a shampoo that is especially made for your hair. Best lines:
- Suave: good for oily hair
- Pantene: Good for all hair types.
- Tresemme: Good for dry hair.
- Redken: Good for normal hair.
- John Freida (beautiful brunette,sheer blonde, etc): good for dry to normal hair

[4] Conditioner:

- Oily hair: I advise you not to use it more than once a week.
- Dry hair: deep conditioning treatments with moisturizing masks are best for you.
- Normal hair: A mild daily conditioner adds a little softness and shine.

[5] Brush your hair with a wide toothed comb after showering and wring out the water. Using a brush causes more hair breakage because your hair is weaker at this point. There is such a thing as overconditioning, so don't condition every time you wash your hair. Deep conditioning treatments are good for all hair types. Once a week is substantial. Deep conditioning more than that is not a good idea.

[6] Shock your hair with cold water at the end of your shower. It adds shine.

[7] Put it a leave in restorative treatment if your hair is damaged from ironing. Infusium 23 Leave in Restoratives is amazing. Plus, it only costs $2.49.

[8] Let your hair air dry part of the way, and blow dry it the rest of the way.

[9] Add a shine serum if your hair is dry or normal. Serums cause oily hair to be oilier!!

[10] Try to wait a day between showers, and try not to iron your hair every day. Remember that ironing your hair when it's not clean burns it out the most.

[11] Do a 'steam-towel-wrap' once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil. Wash the hair and then apply conditioner to the hair, cover with a hot towel (from drier or hot water) and let sit for about 15 min.

[12] Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.

How To Avoid Oily Hair:

[1] Do not wash everyday. The cleaner your hair is the more oil can seep into your glands making it harder to get rid of. When you do wash make sure you are washing with a cleaning shampoo and scrubbing the build up off. Take in mind that you also have to have a ph-balanced mild shampoo and lite scrubbing is recommended. Try to avoid conditioner at the roots, apply in the middle or on the ends.

[2] Try to avoid oil in your daily food intake. And do eat more vegetables. Let's face it we see what McDonalds can do to your heart in a month, can you image your what it does to the hair? You would be dripping oil everywhere.

[3] Maybe it's time to change your shampoo. Ask your stylist what she or he would recommend. Avoid using shine products at all costs. Keep away from two-in-one shampoos and conditioners.

[4] To fix it at the moment, rub a little Talcum Powder on your dried hair at the roots. Just make sure you wash it out. You can also use baby poweder as well. Or Baby Powder could do the trick.

How To Properly Iron Your Hair:

[1] Keep your flat iron clean. It will last longer and do less damage to your hair.

[2] Use a styling aid to prevent frizz before you blow dry.

[3] Practice before you head out to any major event. It's very easy to use once you get the knack of it.

[4] When using the iron on your hair comb, on the section you are using first, before running the iron through it.

[5] Try avoiding using any products (while straightening such as spray) until you finish straightening out your hair. (put on heat protectant first though)

[6] Use small sections. The smaller the section the flatter and more weightless your hair will be.

[7] Use even pressure while stroking your flat iron from the root to the end without stopping on any part of the sectioned hair.

[8] Don't iron everyday, since even with heat protectant, too often can fry your hair.

[9] Use a lightweight serum to smooth any frizz left over. You'll only need a little.

[10] Let your iron cool; clean its surface with a cloth.

Hair Don'ts

[1] Don't forget to rinse completely. If you have product left in the hair, make it look flat, dirty and greasy. This can cause that caking look and feeling at the roots of the hair along with white residue.

[2] Don't over dry. Heat from the blow dryer dammages your hair the longer you dry. This leaves locks dry and frizzy. If certain sections dry before the rest, spritz with water and continue. And move the dryer around, don't just focus on one place or strands with fry.

[3] Don't defy your hair type. Styling your hair via hot iron or curling iron every day leaves hait burnt out and lifeless. Only do that every few days since hair needs a time to get rejeuvinated by conditionner and leaving it the natureal way helps too (not ironed or curled)

[4] Don't pile on silicone. using silicone products daily can dammage the hair and leave them with buil;d up that makes hair look dull. If you have dry/dammaged hair, the moisture deprivation can make it become brittle and break.

[5] Don't get drastic with at home colour. Keep at home shades within 2 colours of you nat colour and save the huge transformation for the salon.

How To, Hair Do's,

- Straight Strands:

[1] Wash hair and add strong holding gel to damp towel dried hair.

[2] Use a round metal brush and blow dry the hair straight pulling down as you brush(hot air-striaghten, cool air- set).

[3] For super striaght hair, glide hair in sections through a flat hot iron (if you don't have one you can us a curling iron)

[4]Run a cool frizz zapping serum through the hair when done to prevent fly-aways.

- Cascading Curls:

[1] Wash hair and dry. Curl hair using a curling iron vertically. Wrap hair around and roll up to the roots.

[2] After curling your whole head, separate the curls carefully and DO NOT BRUSH! Brushing will cause frizz and you to lose the curls.

[3] Gather hair up and put into a half-pony, leaving three sections of hair at the front down. Twist those three sections individually and pin back. (bobby pins)

[4] Like you did from the front with the three sections, pull pieces up from the back and pin where the half-pony starts. Secure with bobby pins and spray with hairspray to hold.

- Princess Ringletts:

[1] Prep hair with heat activating gel and crul from bottom to top (curl each piece only for about 2 seconds).

[2] Gather front pieces and pull towards the back of the head in a half-pony. Secure with a band or pins.

- Sleek and Smooth:

[1] Brush your hair with a paddle brush to flatten.

[2] Part on either the left side or the right and tie at the back with a hair tie of a band.

[3] Smooth flyaways with your fave smoothing cream or serum. Sprtiz with spray and go.

- Full and Flowing:

[1] Add volume by using velcro rollers (roll dry hair) and keep on for 10 min.

[2] Take rollers out and finger comb the hair. This will separate as well as add volume.

[3] Pull strands back and secure with pins, spray with hairspray and release strands.

- Starworthy Shine:

[1] Towel dry your hair and apply mousse (size of a quarter if you have shoulder length hair, dine size for short and handfull for long hair)

[2] Use a round brush and blow your hair srtaight with a blow dryer. Direct the flow of air downwards and dry each section completely.

[3] Run a bit of serum through to add shine and flatten stray hairs.

- Making Waves:

[1] After shampooing and conditionning, blow dry upside down to create volume and comb with fingers, NO BRUSHES.

[2] Curl the hair vertically and teirl hair aroung iron. The key to this look is messy.

[3] After curling the whole head, separate the curls with fingers and flip your head upside down and create zig zags with your fingers to part the hair. Spritz with spray and go.

How To Keep Hair Color Longer:

[1] Deep condition your hair two days before colouring. The more conditionned your hair is the more colour will be absorbed. Deep conditionning protects your hair from dammaging chemicals in the colourings. Also skip shampooing the day before colouring since the more natural oils in your hair, the better the dye clings.

[2] Wash with cool water. This helps your hair retain a richer tone of colour and helps to smooth the surface of each strand. Also wear a hat since the more sun that touches your hair, (even in winter) can make hair have a green tint.

[3] Use a colour enhancing shampoo and conditionner. This reduces the need for touchups, reduces brassiness and hides roots longer.

[5] Pull your hair back. Every time you wash your face or apply make up, make sure your hair is out of the way since this will prevent the ingrediants in the make up or face wash from stripping the colour from your hair.

[6] The best way to hide roots is to go within 2 shades of your natural colour so that roots aren't as visible as if you do something drastic.

Tips For Sexier Hair:

[1] For glossy locks massage shampoo from roots to ends. NEVER pile hair ontop of the head and rub, it causes breaks in the hair and frizz to appear.

[2] Use a shampoo that removes build up once a week. Combine a 1/2 cup of waiter with 1/2 a cup of apple cider vinager and pour through hair after shampooing for super clean strands.

[3] Avoid rinsing hair with hot water. It strips the hair of moistrue and make hair harder to control. Instead, shampoo with warm and rinse with cool.

[4] 1 tbsp of olive oil can be used for a deep conditionning mask for your hair. Comb through, cover with a shower cap and blow dry on low heat for 15 min, shampoo and rinse.

[5] When you shampoo, massage the scalp with you fingers to create blod flow which will make hair shiny and strong.

[6] To de-grease, lather up with a clear shampoo which washes more grease and oil away than a creamy one.

[7] If you have split ends, smooth conditionner onto the bottom of the hair while it's still dry which will temporarily bond the splits, then rinse out.

[8] Once you have bow dried your hair, switch to cool air to tame frizz.

[9] To get rid of static, rub a dryer sheet on your hair.

[10] Get rid of dandruff by dabbing a cotton ball in witch hazel and dabbing it on your scalp.

[11] To get rid of huge dandruff flakes, brush hair upside down for 5 min

[12] Mix your own shampoo for coloured hair by combining your fave with equal amount of water.

[13] For longer lasting colour, wear a hat in the sun. and rinse hair with mineral water or club soda immediately after swimming.

mylittleMiracle
post Apr 15 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No: 135,305

Thank You!its useful!:)

imnoxonesmemory
post Apr 15 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #3

Member No: 393,426

o0o thanx a lot. very very helpful!

mylittleMiracle
post Apr 15 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #4

Member No: 135,305

omg i have oily hair. i wash my hair everyday,so should i?? blink.gif but if i didnt wash my hair everyday,the hair would look awful mad.gif

iDecay
post Apr 15 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #5

Pocketful of Sunshine

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 289,004

worthy.gif Liz, I love you. This should be really usefull.

*Intoxique*
post Apr 16 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(viola_winnie @ Apr 15 2006, 9:30 PM) *
omg i have oily hair. i wash my hair everyday,so should i?? blink.gif but if i didnt wash my hair everyday,the hair would look awful mad.gif
Well...
[1] Do not wash everyday. The cleaner your hair is the more oil can seep into your glands making it harder to get rid of. When you do wash make sure you are washing with a cleaning shampoo and scrubbing the build up off. Take in mind that you also have to have a ph-balanced mild shampoo and lite scrubbing is recommended. Try to avoid conditioner at the roots, apply in the middle or on the ends.

Try putting water into a spray bottle & spray your hair until it's damp, so it's easier to style or maintain.

jennyjenny
post Apr 16 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #7

Member No: 28,115

Infusium 23 Leave in Restoratives is amazing. Plus, it only costs $2.49.

Mine was $2.99 :(

This was very helpful, thanks =) I read the whole thing, minus the stuff at the bottom.

blucheri
post Apr 17 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #8

GANGSTA-FIED

Member No: 108,643

wow this really helps. thanks alot

so_jentran
post Apr 17 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #9

*I miss him*

Member No: 394,228

heyheyhey you're the one who said the guide to make up! hahaha thanks fo this too ;]

gelionie
post Apr 18 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #10

say maydayism.

Member No: 26,344

Hey I want to know approximately how many degrees will be considered cold/cool/warm/hot water.

And the air here is so polluted that I can't stand having a lot of dirt/dust particles stuck onto my hair and becoming greasy.... >.<

Gypsy Eyes
post Apr 18 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #11

Member No: 4,051

just a heads up, the not washing your hair everyday is a myth. It may look nicer at the bottom, but on most people I've seen who don't wash their hair everyday it looks nasty at the top.

And people with oily hair should especially wash their hair everyday and use products that contain tea tree oil

nopattern
post Apr 18 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #12

...?

Member No: 62,467

^very true with the oily hair.

but other than that, very helpful. thanks!

Chii
post Apr 18 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #13

dakishimetainoni...

Member No: 75,318

I'll put a link to this in the Health thing so it doesn't get lost.

Great tips, thanks for all the contributions =]

synthase
post May 5 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #14

ALLISON

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 310,259

this is very useful! Great job! =D

iROCKYOURSOCKS
post May 5 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #15

<(- -)><(- - <)(>- -)><(- - )>

Member No: 400,609

WOW! this is really useful THANKS!

*Intoxique*
post May 6 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #16

Thanks guys, I am glad it was helpful to you _smile.gif.
Anyways I updated it a bit too. New section #7 happy.gif.

mseryel2
post May 8 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #17

((starSAVER))*

Member No: 402,128

thank you thank you thank you!
ive been dying to find a way to control my super greasy hair!
...and now i know what to do!
ill keep this in mind...! cool.gif

gelionie
post May 10 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #18

say maydayism.

Member No: 26,344

Thanks for the extra information, Liz. :D

PrincessAda
post May 10 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #19

the name is ada.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 334,608

OMG! That is soo useful! Thank You!

Wereismybelt
post May 15 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #20

Member No: 110,316

is sulfur 8 good for your hair???

stormbringer
post Jul 31 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #21

Lets value our lives.

Member No: 478,298

i have a question.. the sides of my banges curl outwards. everywhere else my hair is straight, except the ousides of my bangs.. Even if I straighten it, it only stays straightened for about 5-6 hours. yeah.. mellow.gif cry.gif

EmoEyelinerx
post Jul 31 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #22

Hi, Im Brook.

Member No: 508,383

Thanks, this really helped alot.

synthase
post Jul 31 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #23

ALLISON

Member No: 310,259

[3] For super striaght hair, glide hair in sections through a flat hot iron (if you don't have one you can us a curling iron)

You can do that with a curling iron?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: