3. How To Apply Mascara.
4. How To Apply False Eyelashes.
5. How To Take Off False Eyelashes.
6. Picking The Right Eyeshadow Color.
7. How To Make Eyes Look Bigger.
8. How To Avoid Smudging Your Eyeliner.
9. Random Tips For Amazing Eyes.

How To Create The Smokey Eye Effect:

[1] Prep the lid. The key to keeping eyeshadow from smudging/creasing is to keep eyelids oil-free. To do this start with an eyeshadow base. Dab a bit of MAC's "paint on lids" before shadow application or try Fresh Freshface Perfecting Eye Primer.

[2] Apply the eyeliner. If you're going for a typical black, brown or gray smoky eye, apply liner (in one of those colors) above the upper lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye. If your opting for a jewel-toned eye (violet makes a gorgeous smoky eye), line eyes with a purple, blue or deep green liner.

[3] Blend in color on bottom lashes. For color on the bottom (a key smokey eye look) you'll want a lighter eyeliner and the key is to smudge it. You can also apply a bit of shadow to get full smudge effect.

[4] Apply light base color. Again, the key to a smoky eye is pairing a lighter base with the darker colour. Try a cream shade for the base. Sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your browbone.

[5] Blend in darker color, but keep dark color below the crease. Now that you have the base and eyeliner on, it's time to get the smoky effect. You need a darker eyeshadow shade. Using an eyeshadow brush blend in color starting at your lash line and blending upwards. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Do not go higher than the crease of the eye.

[6] Doublecheck your work. Make sure eyes match and blend color with a Q-tip if needed.

[7] Finish with several coats of volumnizing mascara.

How To Apply Eyeliner:

- Pencil Eyeliner

[1] Roll the pencil tip between your fingers to warm/soften it up and shape it to a point.

[2] Pull your lid out to the side and draw from the inner corner to the outer. To avoid the occasional white spot keep the line very close to your lashes.

[3] If you want a more rocker-chick look then apply to the inner lower lids as well.

- Powder Eyeliner

[1] Choose any colour shadow you want, most prefer black, but don't go sheer colour.

[2] Dip the liner brush into the powder and blow off excess from the tip. (this way you won't get smudges where you don't want them)

[3] Starting from the outer corner of the eye, draw accross the lash line. If you want intensity, do it again or extend the line past the outside of the eye just a bit

- Liquid Eyeliner

[1] Test a few strokes on your hand to get the desired look you want and get a feel for the brush first.

[2] Rest your elbow on the sink or table for support. Start from the inner corner, balance with your pinkie on your cheekbone, and draw, as close to the lash line as possible, all the way accross your lid.

[3] For the cat eye effect, continue the line out past the lash line a bit, but not too far. avoid opening your eyes until the liner is dry or else you'll get lines above the lids.

How To Apply Mascara:

[1] Mascara Colors:
Blondes - use a brown mascara, black is too harsh.

Brunettes and Reds - Brown or black works good.

Black - Black or Colored

If you have short little lashes boost them up by using a volumizing/lenghtening mascara like Clinique Full Potential or Max Factors Stretch.

[2] Start with clean lashes since any laftovers will cause clumps. Use loose pwder all over the eye but avoid lashes to act as a barrier for the oils of the skin. Now, use a curler to crank up the curl and c.ock your head back, chin pointed up and look down towards your nose when applying mascara (this is the best position says the make up artist Jerrid Blandino).

[3] Twist the wand into the container and get colour (If you pump it in and out, bacteria gets in and dries it out). Usa tissue and wipe off excess (don't worry about wasting, it should be thrown out and replaced every 3 months). For the smearless application, pull up your upper lid with the pionter finger then apply the first coat wiggling up to the tips. Then add the second coat while the first is still damp since when it dries, it starts to clump as you add. If you go for three coats, stick to the tips only. For lower lashes, start with one coat and apply for the outer-most corner and zigzagging towards the nose.

How To Apply False Eyelashes:

[1] A full set of fake lashes adds drama to your appearance. Little clumps of fake lashes on the outside corners of your eyes create a subtle look.

[2] Choose a color. For night, stick to black or brown and it doesn't require any mascara. In the day, go dark brown for a natural look.

[3] Check/choose the length. Full lashes should follow the natural line of your own lashes. Trim them with sharp scissors to make them look right.

[4] Begin with clean eyes that are free of makeup.

[5] Hold the lashes in your hand and apply a very thin line of glue along the base. Let it dry for 1 minute then apply another very thin line.

[6] Look into a mirror. Apply the false lashes above your eyelashes, as close to your lash line as possible, following its natural curve.

[7] Adjust the lashes with your fingertips or better yet, tweezers.

[8] If you're using "lash clumps", place them at the outside corners of your upper lashes. Adjust their position with fingers or tweezers.

[9] Apply eye makeup after letting them dry for about 2-5 minutes.

[10] Practice a few times before your the day you need them.

How To Take Off False Eyelashes:

[1] If you use waterproof glue, use a special remover for this type of glue. Otherwise, you may use warm water and your regular eye makeup remover.

[2] Be careful when you pull the fake eyelashes off so you do not pull your natural eyelashes too. You may use the tweezers to take them off.

[3] Once you have taken them off, follow the package instructions to store them.

[4] Do not ever sleep with fake eyelashes because you may damage your eyes or cause infection.

[5] To perfectly apply the fake eyelashes takes experience and patience. Do not expect perfection the first time. Now you know how the celebrities get those gorgeous lashes and now you can have them too.

Picking The Right Eyeshadow Color:

- Blue Eyes

[1] Tried and True: taupe, gray, violet, purple, deep blue (a darker shade than your eye color makes your eyes really blue), black (mix it with bright blue for a smoky effect)

[2] Funky Favorites: silver, turquoise, fuschia (brightens any shade of blue)

- Green Or Hazel Eyes

[1] Tried and True: brown, apricot, purple, plum, deep khaki or forest green (because they are in the same greenish family, they brighten green eyes)

[2] Funky Favorites: gold, lime-green, really light green, bright purple (super modern)

- Brown Eyes

[1] Tried and True: copper, bronze, champagne (soft pink with a touch of apricot), brown (for a doe-eyed look), beige, and khaki-green (lighter shades add highlight)

[2] Funky Favorites: tangerine, royal blue, hot pink, lime-green (the contrast adds punch to brown)

All Eyes

[1] Tried and True (Classic): navy or charcoal base to define and a powder-blue shadow for highlighting (it brightens your brow bone so any eye color pops)

[2] Funky Favorites: silver-sparkle shadow makes all eyes look edgy

How To Make Eyes Look Bigger:

[1] Use eyeliner only on the outer rim of the eyelids, not the inner rim.

[2] Blend eyeliner with a cotton swab rather than leaving it as a harsh line.

[3] Avoid drawing eyeliner on the inner corner of the lower lid; instead, start the line at the beginning of eyelash growth or even closer to the middle of the eye.

[4] Use a light shade of eye shadow on the upper lid leading up to the brow, which will open up the eye. A darker color can be used in the fold of the eye. (Image 2)

[5] Consider wearing false eyelashes to give your eyes a more wide-eyed, innocent look. Be sure to use natural-looking eyelashes.

[6] Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler before applying mascara to give you the same effect as false eyelashes.

[7] Try a black mascara if brown does not bring out your eyes enough.

[8] Black eyeliner can make your eyes look smaller, and so can wearing black mascara on your bottom lashes.

[9] If you don't own an eyelash curler why not use clear mascara as a base coat, and then you can put any other mascara on top of it. But make sure the clear stuff isn't dry before you put the second coat on!

[10] Silver eyeliner is also good for making eyes look wide awake!

[11] White eyeshadow or white eyeliner makes eyes look bigger. Also, add some to the inner corner of the eye and that helps as well.

[12] Apply gray liner to the bottom lid and smudging it makes a dramatic, wide eyed and gorgeous look.

[13] Applying shadow with shimmer in it adds sparkle which gives more light to the eyes.

How To Avoid Smudging Your Eyeliner:

[1] Apply loose translucent powder under the eyes to absorb natural oils.

[2] Use a waterproof liner.

[3] Try not to touch they eyes during the day.

Random Tips For Amazing Eyes:

[1] Dip an eye liner brush in warm water, press into powder eyeshadow and run along lash line for goof proof liner.

[2] To make straight liner lines, rest elbows on sink for balance.

[3] Stop smudges by tracing lines with a cotton swab dipped in loose powder.

[4] Before drawing a line, rub the tip of the pencil in your hand to soften it up so that it doesn't pull at delicate skin on the lid.

[5] Brighten eyes by using a white eye liner pencil on the bottom lids.

[6] To stop cream shadow from creasing, start off with a light dust of translucent powder.

[7] For the plumpest lashes, first dust with powder and the apply mascara.

[8] For power eyes, coat lashes with a brown mascara and stroke a coloured type(purple, blue, gold, silver) on the tips.

[9] Get natural looking lids with a dab of petroleum jelly on the lida along with a dust of bronzer.

[10] Before going to bed, use petroleum jelly on the lashes to condition them and make them grow.

[11] To relieve make up irritation, combine 1/2 a cup of milk with 1/2 a cup of water and a few ice cubes. Soak a cloth in mixture and leave on eyes for 15 min.

[12] For plucking pain, consider having brows done by a professional.

[13] Tweeze after taking a shower only since the hair will slide out easier.

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 15 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Thank you, Liz! worthy.gif Now...where was this when I needed to make smokey eyes for my graduation from barbizon.

ohnotheydidnt
post Apr 15 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #3

i am mean. fear me.

Group: Member
Member No: 300,587

lols any ideas how to take off eyeliner w/o eye makeup remover?

*Intoxique*
post Apr 15 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(ohnotheydidnt @ Apr 15 2006, 6:51 PM) *
lols any ideas how to take off eyeliner w/o eye makeup remover?
When I ran out of makeup remover I used Baby Oil or Vaseline. It totally works for removing eye makeup.

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 15 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #5

^ thumbsup.gif I couldn't have said it any better.

Liz, tell them to add this to the girl's resource.

-sincerely
post Apr 15 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Member No: 362,677

Very helpful. -adds to favorites- hehe.

Sparkle09
post Apr 15 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Member No: 224,447

Thanks! Very good directions!!

Chii
post Apr 16 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #8

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

What a helpful topic happy.gif
Like advised, I'll add this to the girls' resource center.

voguelove
post Apr 16 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #9

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

woooooooo! go lizzzz.

but, some asian girls only have one eyelid instead of the "white people double eyelid" so some of those tips can be hard to do on almond shaped eyes with one eyelid.

PrincessAda
post Apr 16 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #10

the name is ada.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 334,608

Nice Guide. _smile.gif

so_jentran
post Apr 17 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #11

*I miss him*

Member No: 394,228

thx for the info!

priyas
post Apr 18 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #12

Hello There.

Member No: 88,673

so helpful. =]

Just_Dream
post Apr 18 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #13

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

Oooohhh! I never knew the thing about mascara, that you should titlr your head backwards and look down. I'm still a makeup n00b, so thank you for this guide! happy.gif

*wind&fire*
post Apr 18 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #14

to stop your makeup bleeding set it with translucent powder

*Intoxique*
post May 6 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #15

Thanks guys flowers.gif.
I add stuff new stuff to it (#9) _smile.gif.

SarahxJoy
post May 6 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #16

What the fack.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 8,519

Thanks for the guide.
I think I'll be checking back on this quite a bit. wink.gif

cancholac
post Feb 23 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #17

Member No: 503,976

OMG thanks your a life saver:)

dalenaadsiqnz
post Feb 23 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #18

Member No: 489,303

QUOTE(APPLEjuicex @ Apr 15 2006, 9:28 PM) *
woooooooo! go lizzzz.

but, some asian girls only have one eyelid instead of the "white people double eyelid" so some of those tips can be hard to do on almond shaped eyes with one eyelid.

i have one eyelid so yeah, same question :)

mai_z
post Feb 24 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #19

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

a lot of the time, asian girls with 'single eyelids' have to follow a whole new set of rules for makeup. Unfortunatately,there's no foolproof set of rules for everyone. Play around with what's up there, and find something that works for you.

Aerjae
post Feb 24 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #20

rissa.

Member No: 436,690

Wow! Thanks! Sheesh. I probably looked like a clown all these years.

voguelove
post Feb 25 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #21

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

what is this "powder" it keeps speaking of?

datass
post Feb 25 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #22

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

Wow, this is wonderful. I can't put on make up to save my life.

Can you include pics as well?

babytina
post Aug 30 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #23

Member No: 333,893

You're ahhh-mazing! happy.gif

xBUTTMUNCHx
post Aug 31 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #24

BABESTARR

Member No: 442,634

this is just lovely=)

charlg93
post Sep 1 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #25

Member No: 559,930

wow thankz, really gd tips there

laugh.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: