Post #1

1. Why Zits Appear.
2. 10 Ways To Clear Your Skin.
3. How To Get Rid Of Blackheads.
4. How To Pop A Pimple.
5. How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars.
6. Getting Rid Of "Bacne".

Why Zits Appear:

[1] Zits are caused by bacteria under the skin, NOT by foods. (this includes chocolate and french fries) This is currently still a myth that they do cause acne since there is no scientific proof that foods are linked to acne.

[2] Zits are also formed by dead skin cells that don't get sloughed off by themselves so it's a good idea to use a scrub 2x per week.

[3]
Zits take 12 days to completly form on your face and 7 days to completely dissapear. (3-5 days if you use a spot treat)

[4] Zits can appear if you're stressed, if you touch your face and if you're having your menstrual cycle.

[5] You should use a wash that suits you skin type and not one that you think will get rid of zits fast.

[6] When you scrub your face, don't do it too hard since over scrubbing can lead to irritation and more zits.

[7] If you only have a few zits you can use a spot treatment from Clean&Clear or Neutrogena.

[8] NEVER pick or squeeze your zits, it causes scars and more zits due to the fact that your fingers have bacteria on them.

[9] If you have oily skin, use oil absorbing sheets and powder to eliminate shine as well as lose powder concealer.

[10] Only wash your face 2x per day since you can dry out your skin if you do it more.

[11] If you have back acne commonly known as "bacne", make sure you wear loose fitting clothes mad of cotton and use a scrub for the body as well as a wash since exfoliation gets rid of dead skin cells on the body.

[13] When you work out or do gym, make sure you DON'T wear make up since it blocks the sweat glands on the face and bacteria builds up.

[14] Make sure your hair is washed every 2 days since the oil will buid up after that and cause zits along the hairline.

[15] There is no cure for acne, only treatments and prevention.

[16] When choosing a moisturizer or concealer/foundation, make sure the product is non-greasy and won't cause zits. (you can ask someone about the product at the stores) It is also a good idea to find a moisturizer that contains an SPF of at least 15 to protect from the sun.

[17] Always be sure to wash off make up before you go to bed since you do produce a greasy like film on the face as you sleep and if there is still make up on, it will cause zits.

[18] Drink plenty of water to rid your body of toxins and help your skin keep a healthy glow.

[19] If you cut a potato in half and rub it on your face (where zits are) and wait until it dries then rinse off and what that does is dry them up. (don't do it with a cooked one) And yes, it DOES work.

[20] If you have a red inflamed zit, put an ice cube on it for 5 min(on and off so it doesn't freeze) and it'll reduce the redness then apply a spot treatment.

[21] You should steam your face to get rid of clogged pores (hot water and a bowl) then wash your face right after with a mild cleanser. You can also use a mask instead of the cleanser right away since the mask will soak up the excess oils.

[22] Avoid smoking and being around others that smoke because it causes skin to age and wrinkles to form.

10 Ways To Clear Your Skin:

[1] Clean up -> Find a cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and wash 2x per day. Always rinse your face off multiple times to make sure all product is out before drying, since leftover suds can get into pores and cause zits.

Try Clean and Clear Continuous Control Daily Cleanser $5 You can also use Portable face wipes in between cleansing like DDF Daily Cleansing pads $25 (sephora.com) and also a clay mask is good to get rid of excess oils. Try Neutrogena Acne Mask $5

[2] Exfoliate -> Use a face scrub 2x per week to get rid of dead skin cells and excess oils. Look for products made especially for faces that contains exfoliating beads.

Try one like from l'Oréal Pure Zone Pore Unclogging Scrub Cleanser $8

[3] Moisturize -> Even if you think that your skin is oily and can't stand to have more greasy feeling product on your face, you have to moisturize. Especially if you're using acne products, moisturizing is a must! Plus skin absorbs acne medication best if it's hydrated.

Get an oil free one like DDF Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew $28 (sephora.com)

[4] HANDS OFF! -> Most important thing to remember is to keep your hands and fingers away from the face. Picking and squeezing are very bad since you put more dirt and bacteria into the skin if you touch it constantly. Try not touching your face (besides washing and moisturizing) for one month if you can, and you'll see a big difference. (advice from Jillian Wright, facial guru and owner of Glow Skin Spa, NY)

[5] Don't overload on products -> It seems tempting to go out and buy every single acne product in sight if you're having a bad skin day (or week). But the thing you have to remember is that overloading on products can actually make your face worse. Try this new treatment: Apply a salicylic treatment in the morning to unclog pores and benzoyl peroxide treatment at night.

Try Stri-Dex Day and Night $7

[6] Have patience -> As much as we hope and wish, acne won't just go away like that *snaps fingers*. You have to be patient and stay as calm as you can no matter the seriousness of the acne. According to Dr. H. Sobel (NY dermatologist) it takes at least a week for a zit to completely dissapear. This is what medicated concealers were made for.

Try Joey NY Pure Pores Hide and Heal $16 (sephora.com)

[7] Chill -> The belief that foods such as chocolate and french fries linked to zits is totally false! The one thing that can and does mess with your face is stress and hormones. When you get stressed, hormone levels rise and they cause acne to flare up. So if you're stressed or even nervous, make sure you try to calm down and remember to not touch your face...(stress makes hands go to faces and pick instantly)

Try this: When you feel stressed, take a time out and relax for 5 minutes. The best way to relax is a bubble bath with scents that calm you such as vanilla.

[8] Wear sunscreen -> The sun and UV rays do not help your skin look better, sure it'll give you a nice tan but uv rays can dammage skin that has been using acne products very badly. The sun can actually trigger a breakout due to the fact that the sun makes you sweat and by sweating, you're skin is producing oil. Keep your face covered with either a hat or sunscreen.

Try Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 $10 (if you're using acne meds or antibiotics then you may need stronger like SPF 30)

[9] Always be prepared -> Zits can appear anytime and anyplace so carry a spot treatment with you at all times. Have one with concentrated amounts of salicylic acid or tea tree oil.(which is a natural zit remedy)

Try one like Clearasil StayClear Zone Control Clearstick $5 and for a red zit try a dab of hydracortozone 1% cream at drugstores to calm the redness

[10] Get an Rx -> If nothing seems to be working for your skin, then the best idea is to go and see a dermatologist and get a perscription. Some popular ones include Differin(differin.com) and Clindagel(clindagel.com) You might even want to talk to your doctor about going on the Birth Control Pill to help balance the hormone levels and it does clear up skin really well.

How To Get Rid Of Blackheads:

[1] Keep the skin as clean and oil free as possible. Use natural or chemically prepared cleansers, astringent solutions or masks to accomplish this. Avoid harsh soaps that may irritate the skin or any creams that leave an oily finish.

[2] Use a gentle exfoliant to keep the dead cells off your skin and away from the pore openings. (Clean&Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub is great)

[3] Avoid harsh squeezing or scraping at the blackhead. Excessive squeezing can damage the skin surround the pore and can actually increase the size of the pore leading to more blackheads in the future.

[4] A warm compress of water applied to the area of the blackhead followed by a very, very gentle pressure can help in clearing the clog from the pore. (You can also steam and then use a mask)

[5] "Blackhead strips", which are basically a tape like substance that is placed over the nose and then pulled off will remove some blackheads that are at the surface. (Bioré)

How To Pop A Pimple:

[1] Take a warm shower or bath to soften your skin. (you can also steam)

[2] Wash your face and remove all makeup.

[3] Even though you have juist washed you face, wash your hands also to prevent spreading germs and infecting the pimple.

[4] Sterilize a needle (sewing) by running it through a flame (a dirty needle will cause an infection and maybe a bigger pimple).

[5] Gently prick the tip of the pimple with the needle.

[6] Take a clean tissue or piece of toilet paper and wrap it around your index fingers so that any dirt doesn't touch the skin.

[7] Gently apply pressure to the sides of the pimple to ease out the pus. Stop when blood or clear fluid comes out.

[8] Wash the area right away and then spot treat.

How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars:

1) Microdermabrasion
2) Laser Resurfacing
3) Chemical Peels
4) Creams
5) Vita-K

Getting Rid Of "Bacne"

[1] Make sure you wash with a bodywash that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.

[2] Make sure you exfoliate every week to get rid of dead skin cells. Use a bodyscrub made for acne like Clean&Clear, Phisoderm, Neutrogena, or Cetaphil and even Oxy.

[3] To soothe irritated red acne, get a bag with ice in it and lay your back on it to reduce swelling. You can also use a cool washcloth.

[4] Find a lotion that will protect your skin from further dammage like Proactive Clear Zone Body Lotion or one from Neutrogena or Clean and Clear. You ALWAYS have to moisturize the skin.

[5] Wear loose fitting shirts that let your skin breathe. Whe you wear clothes that don't let your skin breathe, this causes sweat. And sweat mixed with the rubbing of tight fitting clothes causes acne to form.

aicilah999
post Apr 15 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #2

what a moon tonight.

Group: Member
Member No: 33,772

this is very helpful ^.^
pin this?

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 15 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #3

This is a great source of information. I think this would make a great addition to the health resource list. I'll tell them to add it, if you haven't done so already. thumbsup.gif Thanks, Liz! I'll have to keep this in mind when a horrid pimple appears.

demolished
post Apr 15 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #4

Group:
Member No: 8,001

dam, nice info.

[3] Moisturize -> Even if you think that your skin is oily and can't stand to have more greasy feeling product on your face, you have to moisturize. Especially if you're using acne products, moisturizing is a must! Plus skin absorbs acne medication best if it's hydrated.

wait. you're saying that it's "okay" to add moisture over benyzol peroxide medicine?

[7] Chill -> The belief that foods such as chocolate and french fries linked to zits is totally false! The one thing that can and does mess with your face is stress and hormones. When you get stressed, hormone levels rise and they cause acne to flare up. So if you're stressed or even nervous, make sure you try to calm down and remember to not touch your face...(stress makes hands go to faces and pick instantly)

Oh really? Have you try getting away from oily food, caffeine, and spice for a month?

i did. the experience was worth it !

it cleared up my skin by a lot so i decided to avoid oily food. my school serves automatically serves fries with any kind of meals you get. they force student to have it on their tray.

I dont think ... you should be certain to tell others that “oh, it's not true"

Every face is different. there are food that cause acne to some people, some dont.

voguelove
post Apr 16 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #5

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

dang liz, youre on a roll. xD

its all very helpful. especially the scars part. it kinda sucks that ill have to pay more to get it less visable.

*mona lisa*
post Apr 16 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Do you mind if I change the font color? I'd like to read this and I'm already half-blind.

Thanks for gathering all the info!

gelionie
post Apr 18 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #7

say maydayism.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 26,344

Thank you for this guide.
I'll try some of the ways you suggested and come back if I have any questions.

ferrers
post Oct 18 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #8

Member No: 473,401

THE BEST SOLUTION TO FINALLY GET RID OF ACNE/PIMPLES (EVERYWHERE) IS ON THIS SITE:

Link Removed

Check it out and you'll be amazed :)

gr00vyswordsman
post Oct 22 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #9

Seisuke

Member No: 283,523

hmm...what if you stasrt to bleed when you pick your pimple?!!!

*mona lisa*
post Oct 23 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(gr00vyswordsman @ Oct 22 2006, 5:01 PM) *
hmm...what if you stasrt to bleed when you pick your pimple?!!!
Don't pick on it! If you pop it or irritate it in any way, it may leave a scar. Allow it to disappear on its own.

Laughsalot
post Oct 23 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #11

look for the stars as the sun goes down

Member No: 453,963

the reason why you bleed when you pick your pimple is that the root was so deep that i touched a blood vessel. so don't pick or touch it. it might even cause an even bigger infection.which is nasty.

macdee1823
post Feb 14 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #12

Member No: 503,113

Sorry, no advertising.
ADVERTISING
Starting a topic for the sole purpose of advertising is not allowed. You may not solicit via Private Message. Anything that is not deemed useful or resourceful to the members of CB can be considered advertising. However, since there are a multitude of websites out there, this will have to be followed depending on the situation.

This post has been edited by Arjuna Capulong: Feb 14 2007, 01:46 PM

Smoogrish
post Feb 14 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #13

Group: Official Member
Member No: 328,021

^ ADVERTISING OHNOESSS.

@ gr00vyswordsman : Yeah, don't pick it. You'll get ugly scars.

Actually, you shouldn't even touch them.

IzzyGrace
post Jun 5 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Member No: 637,661

Oh my god, I tried the potato thing and it worked laugh.gif drying out my skin, not making the acne go away. hehe, i'd suggest it.

Just_Dream
post Jun 6 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #15

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

You forgot to mention using a toner. A blemish control toner can help soothe blemishes, remove dirt/oil that might be blocking the surface of pores, and actually helps reduce scarring. I know I had some acne scars before that didn't fade, but now my face is clear and I don't even have any scars anymore -- all from the work of the toner!

The 3-step system really works.
  • Cleanse. Make sure to massage the cleanser into your face, going in circular directions, UPWARDS on the sides of your face. Don't forget to get the whole area of your chin, since grease and other crap from food might get trapped in your pores (yes, it happens). Napkins won't wipe it all away.
  • User a toner with salicylic acid. If your face can handle a higher concentration, go for ones with 2% salicylic acid. Otherwise, go for the more mild 0.5% salicylic acid version. I recommend this over benzol peroxide (sp?) because benzol peroxide is a little bit more harsher on your skin.
  • Moisturize - this actually can keep your face from producing more oil, as long as you are not in humid weather or sweating or anything. It hydrates and softens your skin, so your body will feel less of a need to produce oil or sweat.
Facial scrubs are good for exfoliation (twice a week), but it's important to rub it on your face when your face is fully cleansed and dried (pat dry your face with a clean facial towel). Then apply the scrub onto your face and massage it on, targeting key areas with larger pores (i.e. t-zone). Remember to go in circular motions, going upwards, for at least a minute. Rinse thoroughly afterwards and then apply a toner, then a moisturizer.

emilyy
post Jul 23 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #16

Member No: 668,885

Drugs, creams and typical acne cures sometimes work in a partial way but the results are temporary and the side effects are nasty. The tiny handful acne sufferers who have learned how to clear their acne from within and without ever using drugs or over the counters are the only people in the world who keep their skin clear permanently. Now you can learn these clear skin secrets from a nutritionist and a former sufferer who knows from real-world experience exactly how it's done with the knowledge on natural acne treatments

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: