Reply to this topicStart new topic
what do you avoid eating?, acne care
demolished
post Mar 25 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No: 8,001

For all you people with acne, how do you take care of your face from to avoid eating certain food?

For me, i reduce eating oily food and caffine like chocolate. According to the website, it says oil food and chocolate doesnt cause acne ... and i still dont believe it.

xstab.my.heartx
post Mar 26 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #2

no news is good news...

Group: Member
Member No: 232,063

i don't believe it either.

KissMe2408
post Mar 27 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Yawn

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,772

Your body is trying to get rid of impurities in your body when you get acne, a lot of the times the impurities are from food products.

Cutting out carbs can reduce puffiness in the face and redness.
Usually cutting out fried foods can help with your skin, although fish has good oils in it that can help your skin. (I'm not talking about Mcdonalds fish though! lol i'm talking about salmon that you can get from the store!)
For the last few months I have been cutting out a lot of simple carbs like pasta, white bread, ect, and I haven't been drinking soda and trying to limit my sugar and salt intake. Just by doing that my skin has cleared up more and I have a more even skintone. So I think food really does make a difference with acne, however it is good to also have good skincare products and to keep your face clean. Exfoliate and do that whole thing

CandyCorn.
post Mar 28 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Member No: 381,366

I heard that antioxidants help clear your skin. Antioxidants in blueberries, apples & other fruits I forgot about.
I don't break out much now, but I use to break out alot when I ate "unhealthy" food like chips & oily foods. I stick to fruits, veggies, meat & starbucks now _smile.gif.
Or use a really good skincare product like Katie said above.

*mona lisa*
post Mar 29 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #5

The biggest thing I avoid is chocolate. I don't believe it either when someone tells me that there is no scientific link between acne and chocolate. I mean I've heard it millions of times, trust me, but it really works in my case; I always break out a couple of days after eating chocolate.

Teesa
post Mar 29 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #6

crushed.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 20,026

Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne. In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting the acne.

http://skincare.drworkmd.com/acneMyths.html

So, I guess it just depends on your skin. Like Mona said, if you find yourself breaking out after certain foods, the food might be it. Be sure to consider other outside factors, like stress and such, so you don't avoid one of your favorite foods completely :)

Yeah, I try not to drink soda anymore. Water and juice are so much healthier. Just make sure you eat things in moderation.

*Zatanna*
post Mar 29 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #7

From Acne.org
Causes of acne
The cause of pimples is unknown. The process by which a pimple develops is highly intricate. While we do know that a pore collapses on itself and blocks sebum (oil) from escaping, we do not fully understand why this process takes place in one sebaceous gland versus another.

Causes of adult acne and teen acne may include hormones, diet, evolutionary biology, vitamin deficiency, stress, and more. The real explanation may be a complex mix of many of these factors.

Since we do not know what causes pimples, our time is better spent finding a tested and effective treatment.

In my experience, avoiding acne is very hit and miss. Fortunately I never had too much of a problem with it, with the exception of a brief time when I was around 13.

I do make sure to drink a lot of water and I eat relatively healthy. I also do not eat any red meat or pork, but I'm not positive that helps my skin. I do wash my face in the morning and at night, but I only exfoliate once. I do not wear any face makeup, just oil-free, ub protective moisturizer.

xklipse
post Mar 29 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #8

oanh is awesome *nods*

Member No: 190,637

Well, from my expriences, I love chocolates. I munch on those EVERYDAY. I also love starbucks. But I don't get acne from those (yes, my skin is the type THAT DO get acne) - I avoid eating hot, fried, and oily food. (hot cheeschos, any kind of chip, fried food) - My face die if ate too much of those.

Seriously, H2O works!!

Pulchritude
post Mar 29 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #9

Tu es laid.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 106,675

o jeez my skin use to be horrible.
I think it's different for everyone. Like ym friend eat Mc Donald everyday and his skin is so clean
but when it come to my skin I have to watch out for fried food/oily food, and chocolate and make sure I don't touch my face a lot since your hands a lot of germs. Also like the person above me h20 works!

my skin also gets oliy easily so washing your face a lot helps.

voguelove
post Apr 1 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #10

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

actually, i eat whatever i want.

*chaneun*
post Apr 1 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #11

Ice cream. >.<

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 2 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #12

I try to avoid eating noodles because the soup usually splashes on my face and causes break outs. _unsure.gif

sw33t_rouge
post May 1 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #13

oink

Member No: 41,836

i think the situation changes for people for me i dont get pimples i get black heads tho ><

think!IMAGINARIL...
post May 1 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #14

Member No: 761

i read somewhere that milk and dairy stuff causes acne.

and my mom always says to avoid spicy foods. i don't know why though..

emazing
post May 5 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #15

What a hypocrite.

Member No: 128,150

I know the chocolate-causes-acneONG11! rumor isn't really true, but I avoid chocolate anyway. It still makes me break out at times, and that's really not neccessary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: