Log In · Register

 
17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Official Heroes Fan Club, Version IV
*paperplane*
post Oct 28 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #176





Guest






I don't like this show anymore, and yet I find myself still watching each week.
 
schizo
post Oct 28 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #177


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,435
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 506,205



QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 27 2008, 08:21 PM) *
I don't know what's worse, her lack of talent or the gallon of bleach they must have poured on her hair prior to filming tonight's episode.

She looks like she's wearing a wig...it looks so fake.

They need to stop "killing" people and then bringing them back five minutes later. That happened THREE times yesterday (Parkman, Peter, and someone else...I can't remember). stubborn.gif

I was yelling at the TV when Mohinder was smashing Sylar's head into the ground and Papa Petrelli showed up. If he took his powers, I would have stopped watching.
 
superstitious
post Oct 28 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #178


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



QUOTE(schizo @ Oct 28 2008, 03:37 PM) *
I was yelling at the TV when Mohinder was smashing Sylar's head into the ground and Papa Petrelli showed up. If he took his powers, I would have stopped watching.

Ditto. Although, if I had the Papa Petrelli power to take away someone else's power, I would absorb the power of your icon and signature making skills and take your current avatar and signature for my own FOREVER.
 
superstitious
post Oct 28 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #179


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



A convert. ph34r.gif
 
Tung
post Oct 28 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #180


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



The thing I don't get is the Sylar and Arthur relationship. Is Sylar using Arthur, and intentionally saved Peter from dying? because Arthur was questioning Sylar, how Peter didn't die, when he didn't have powers anymore. I'm confused on the whole motivation thing.

I think even though Daphne is using Parkman, eventually the time they spend together through this whole process will make her fall for Parkman, and she'll eventually turn her back against Arthur.

Dude Hayden is the reason why Heroes are so popular. I don't think she will leave anytime soon.
 
schizo
post Oct 28 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #181


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,435
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 506,205



QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 28 2008, 03:39 PM) *
Ditto. Although, if I had the Papa Petrelli power to take away someone else's power, I would absorb the power of your icon and signature making skills and take your current avatar and signature for my own FOREVER.

That means I wouldn't even be able to make myself a newer, more amazing one. cry.gif That's cruel, man.

I think Sylar is still on Mama Petrelli's side. He really seems to love her, but I don't know how he could grow so attached to someone in such a short amount of time. Anyway, I think he knows that he's probably going to be the one that has to stop Arthur. He might just be trying to gain his trust.
 
hi-C
post Oct 31 2008, 03:47 AM
Post #182


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



On this whole Sylar thing, I can't tell if he's really that gullible. He wants to be a better person, this much is obvious (the meditating, the future son, saving Peter, etc). But the way he's latched on to Mom and Pop Petrelli is disgusting.

Other thoughts... hmmm... I really like the accent on the Rafiki-type dude. I'd hit it.

And OMG, Hayden's hair is ATROCIOUS. Why the hell does it look so fake?

Does anyone else notice the total deer-in-headlights look that stays on Meredith's face? It's like, damn girl, close your eyes a little bit.

And I SO called it that they were going to put that formula in Peter! =D
 
Joanne
post Nov 1 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #183



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



QUOTE(schizo @ Oct 28 2008, 01:37 PM) *
They need to stop "killing" people and then bringing them back five minutes later. That happened THREE times yesterday (Parkman, Peter, and someone else...I can't remember). stubborn.gif
omg, I was sooo proud of Matt when he made that illusion of himself getting killed! I was like SWEEEEET MATT YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 28 2008, 03:48 PM) *
The thing I don't get is the Sylar and Arthur relationship. Is Sylar using Arthur, and intentionally saved Peter from dying? because Arthur was questioning Sylar, how Peter didn't die, when he didn't have powers anymore. I'm confused on the whole motivation thing.
QUOTE(hi-C @ Oct 31 2008, 01:47 AM) *
On this whole Sylar thing, I can't tell if he's really that gullible. He wants to be a better person, this much is obvious (the meditating, the future son, saving Peter, etc). But the way he's latched on to Mom and Pop Petrelli is disgusting.
Hmm, I really don't think Sylar's using Peter at all. Sylar seems to be a pretty smart, and I think he's on to Arthur (despite what he was told about his mother trying to kill him) and is kind of working against him from the inside. Which would be sweeeeet!

QUOTE(hi-C @ Oct 31 2008, 01:47 AM) *
Other thoughts... hmmm... I really like the accent on the Rafiki-type dude. I'd hit it.

Does anyone else notice the total deer-in-headlights look that stays on Meredith's face? It's like, damn girl, close your eyes a little bit.
Word on that first point. And THANK YOU!!! about the Meredith thing! She's pretty and all, but she always looks like she's totally out of it.

QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 28 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Dude Hayden is the reason why Heroes are so popular.

Dude, you did not just say that. HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THE REST OF THE SHOW?!





Whoa, that was a lot of quoting...
 
SuckDickNSaveLiv...
post Nov 1 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #184


Drank wit your boy
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,711
Joined: May 2008
Member No: 649,997



Curious question, what would happen if you were to cut Claire in half since she can't be killed? Would she then split in half and make two Claires. I notice that this show has a lot of inconsistencies. For instance when Skylar took apart off Claire's wig, she didn't heal until he put it back on, leading me to believe she can be killed.

Also why is everyone so unintelligent on this show? For instance they're not sure how you can kill Skylar now that he has Claire's powers. Why don't they just use the Haitian to cancel out his powers and have someone put about 50 shots in him? There are so many loopholes and voids in this show its not even funny.

I also hated how Adam Monroe died, but I figured it was because he was old as hell once he lost his powers.
 
Joanne
post Nov 2 2008, 04:00 AM
Post #185



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



QUOTE(BanDaSnowman @ Nov 1 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Curious question, what would happen if you were to cut Claire in half since she can't be killed? Would she then split in half and make two Claires. I notice that this show has a lot of inconsistencies. For instance when Skylar took apart off Claire's wig, she didn't heal until he put it back on, leading me to believe she can be killed.
Claire was still alive, wasn't she? Her not having grown back that part of her head wasn't that big of a deal, because she could have just gotten up and retrieved the part that was cut off and held it by her head for it to heal. But yeah, I wonder about the cutting in half thing too. Not that I wanna see it.

QUOTE(BanDaSnowman @ Nov 1 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Why don't they just use the Haitian to cancel out his powers and have someone put about 50 shots in him? There are so many loopholes and voids in this show its not even funny.
Once the Haitian leaves, Sylar'd just heal again. AND WHY WOULD WE WANT SYLAR TO DIE NOW?!
 
Joanne
post Nov 2 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #186



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



The pinky toe part was wayyy before the Sylar part. I think you're on to something, Thomas, but KC's asking why Claire didn't just grow back the top of her head as she did with her pinky toe.
 
SuckDickNSaveLiv...
post Nov 2 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #187


Drank wit your boy
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,711
Joined: May 2008
Member No: 649,997



QUOTE(Joannnnnne @ Nov 2 2008, 05:00 AM) *
Claire was still alive, wasn't she? Her not having grown back that part of her head wasn't that big of a deal, because she could have just gotten up and retrieved the part that was cut off and held it by her head for it to heal. But yeah, I wonder about the cutting in half thing too. Not that I wanna see it.

Once the Haitian leaves, Sylar'd just heal again. AND WHY WOULD WE WANT SYLAR TO DIE NOW?!

laugh.gif I wouldn't want to see her cut in half either.

Also bringing up that Sylar issue, about him healing is what confuses me. For instance remember when that Lady was about to shoot Peter in the head with that shotgun but Adam Monroe stopped her and told Peter "There is no coming back from a shot to the head"? Do they know for sure he would die, or do they not know the effects of a shot to the head.


QUOTE(kreios @ Nov 2 2008, 03:16 PM) *
My best guess that in this show, it appears that the people's powers develop, and grow over time, like matt, started out just hearing other people's thoughts, then he could read minds, then he could control minds. I think the same goes for claire, first she can feel pain and heal, then Sylar gets her power and I guess that's when she gets the virus and can't feel pain anymore, then she started being able to regenerate parts of her body when cut off (pinky toe - gross by the way). I think that was the order of the episodes, idr, i watched them all so quickly.. :/

LOL the power developing logic makes sense but her regenerative powers as Joanne said in the post above this is whats so confusing. As she was able to regenerate her toe once cut, why didn't she get a new wig immediately? Or maybe Adam Monroe was on to something when he saved Peter from a shot to the face. Or maybe not because Sylar states, "Claire I couldn't kill you if I wanted to". And this is mainly why I'm confused.
 
Joanne
post Nov 2 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #188



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



QUOTE(BanDaSnowman @ Nov 2 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Also bringing up that Sylar issue, about him healing is what confuses me. For instance remember when that Lady was about to shoot Peter in the head with that shotgun but Adam Monroe stopped her and told Peter "There is no coming back from a shot to the head"? Do they know for sure he would die, or do they not know the effects of a shot to the head.
Hm, remember in the first season when Claire got that branch stuck into the back of her head (after that football player tried to rape her)? She was actually dead until someone pulled it out... so I guess it would be the same for Adam, Peter, and Sylar - if they got shot in the head and nobody took the bullet out, they'd stay dead too. So that's why HRG (was it?) told Claire to shoot Peter in the head to prevent him for blowing up NY.
 
hi-C
post Nov 3 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #189


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



^ Exactly. Brain damage = no regenerative control. If Claire was cut in half, I think she'd be dead until someone pushed her two halves together, you know, within a reasonable time frame.
 
Joanne
post Nov 3 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #190



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



Oh, and I just remembered another example of the dying scenario. When Peter fought with Sylar in Mohinder's apartment wayyy back in the first season, glass struck Peter at the back of his head. He was considered dead until someone pulled the shard out, just like with Claire.
 
Joanne
post Nov 11 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #191



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



OH SHIT.
 
Tung
post Nov 11 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #192


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



"I understand you been dreaming about me"
 
Joanne
post Nov 11 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #193



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



I was screeeeaaming at the TV at that part. Holy shit.

Arthur Petrelli is a bad bad man.
 
Gryffindor-Girl
post Nov 11 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #194


An original Harry Potter fan
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,469
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 552,023



QUOTE(Joannnnnne @ Nov 11 2008, 01:25 PM) *
I was screeeeaaming at the TV at that part. Holy shit.

Arthur Petrelli is a bad bad man.

Me too!

Also you can say that again!!!
 
schizo
post Nov 11 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #195


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,435
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 506,205



^BAH, I gasped really, really loud when Arthur showed up at the end. ohmy.gif

You know, I used to like HRG in the first season. I can't stand him now. Poor Sylar was happy and then he turned him into a serial killer.
 
hi-C
post Nov 16 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #196


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



Man... why'd they have to kill Usutu? sad.gif

Edit: They're going to have to stop decapitating the precogs.
 
datass
post Nov 23 2008, 07:38 AM
Post #197


(′ ・ω・`)
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 6,179
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 72,477



oh my god i loved the elle and sylar part. then i hated it when arthur was shown watching it stubborn.gif
 
Joanne
post Nov 23 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #198



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



Yeah the part with Elle and Sylar was awesome! I was a tiny bit disturbed when they started to have all that chemistry though... I thought they could've showed it a little less... awkwardly.
 
hi-C
post Nov 23 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #199


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



OMG ELLE AND SYLAR HAVE TO HAPPEN. They need a portmanteau, now. Ellar! Or Sylle! At least we now (probably) know who little Noah's mom is (and why he's blonde).
 
Tung
post Nov 23 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #200


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



Hayden was so fineeeeeeeeeee
 

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: