Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
interracial marriages.
Sandraaa
post Nov 10 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #151


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,223
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 485,356



QUOTE(Uronacid @ Nov 9 2007, 03:41 PM) *
Hell, I prefer to date people who are about 25% Asian, and about 75% some other white skin (Holly). I guess it's just close to home for me. I mean, my mom and dad were white. I love that little bit of Asian. I don't know. It's just perfect for me.

Would it be morally wrong for my future daughter to date a black man? No, it would not. Would I be skeptical if my daughter dated a black kid? Yes, I would. He would have a lot of proving to do before I accepted him. Truth is, I can't help but feel that way. I don't trust black people as quickly as I trust white people. It sucks for them, but that's just what my life experience has taught me. I can't help the way I was treated by black people through-out the course of my life. I obviously don't believe that all black people are bad, but I can't help being extra cautious when they are around.

As a Black person, I don't disagree with what you've said. The only reason I find it hard to comprehend is because over here, Blacks are calm. The people who cause damage are the Arabs / Turks. Muslims in general.
Putting myself in your shoes and replacing Blacks with Arabs, I'd definitely not accept my daughter dating an Arab. Not all Arabs are f**ked up, VERY true but most of the ones I've encountered are.

If this makes me racist, then so be it. But I don't think I'm a racist, rather judgemental. There's a huge difference. I have my beliefs, I don't go around insulting every Arab I come accross, I just try to stay away as much as I can.
 
Luna5
post Dec 7 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #152


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 278,251



I think it works out as long as the couple have the same morals,faith, etc.
 
benedictkenny
post Dec 11 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #153


Transience
***

Group: Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 380,725



QUOTE(BunkyWhiteGirl @ Dec 7 2007, 07:36 PM) *
I think it works out as long as the couple have the same morals,faith, etc.

I think, that's actually what's really important to realize here.

Just because someone is my race, doesn't mean that they are more likely to share my values. In fact, certain interests/values that I have, might be, *gasp*, more prevalent in a race that is NOT my own.
Maybe I'm, of some race that is a minority in an area, however, going to school/co-existing with these people, I absorb more of their values and senses of enjoyment than, well, the people of my skin color, from a different area.

According to some of the people's logic here, however, I should limit myself according to race, for no good (but only for completely non-beneficial, arbitrary) reasons, seeking people I can't identify with, but, well, somehow, them being the came color as me will, well, be of some ultimate good, or remedy to the fact that I can't talk with this person about anything at all.

Huh?
 
EddieV
post Dec 11 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #154


cB Assassin
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 10,147
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,672



QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Nov 10 2007, 01:21 PM) *
The people who cause damage are the Arabs / Turks. Muslims in general.


I agree with you on this one, tis the main reason I haven't met my girlfriend's parents.
 
Call911Quick
post Dec 12 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #155


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 547,099



I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but mix-raced kids are generally better looking than "pure-breeds"?
 
*Steven*
post Dec 12 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #156





Guest






QUOTE(Call911Quick @ Dec 12 2007, 08:51 AM) *
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but mix-raced kids are generally better looking than "pure-breeds"?

/nod
/nod

Half asian half white = oOoOoOo
 
Melissa
post Dec 15 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #157


;)
******

Group: Duplicate
Posts: 2,374
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 3,760



QUOTE(Uronacid @ Nov 9 2007, 09:41 AM) *
Hell, I prefer to date people who are about 25% Asian, and about 75% some other white skin (Holly). I guess it's just close to home for me. I mean, my mom and dad were white. I love that little bit of Asian. I don't know. It's just perfect for me.

Would it be morally wrong for my future daughter to date a black man? No, it would not. Would I be skeptical if my daughter dated a black kid? Yes, I would. He would have a lot of proving to do before I accepted him. Truth is, I can't help but feel that way. I don't trust black people as quickly as I trust white people. It sucks for them, but that's just what my life experience has taught me. I can't help the way I was treated by black people through-out the course of my life. I obviously don't believe that all black people are bad, but I can't help being extra cautious when they are around.



QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Nov 10 2007, 01:21 PM) *
As a Black person, I don't disagree with what you've said. The only reason I find it hard to comprehend is because over here, Blacks are calm. The people who cause damage are the Arabs / Turks. Muslims in general.
Putting myself in your shoes and replacing Blacks with Arabs, I'd definitely not accept my daughter dating an Arab. Not all Arabs are f**ked up, VERY true but most of the ones I've encountered are.

If this makes me racist, then so be it. But I don't think I'm a racist, rather judgemental. There's a huge difference. I have my beliefs, I don't go around insulting every Arab I come accross, I just try to stay away as much as I can.



I guess I can see where you guys are coming from, but I just find it very sad that you guys have such narrow experiences that are like that. Sure, I've met some "off" people and the majority of those people turn out to be hispanics and blacks, but at the same time, I know and recognize so many blacks and hispanics that are nice, normal people that it overrides any experiences I have.

I guess I'm also not very judgmental when it comes to race. Sure, I make stupid jokes sometimes, but when it comes to actually judging a person, race doesn't even factor in - I'm more likely to be swayed by excessive facial piercings and tattoos or what somebody is wearing rather than care about the color of their skin.
 
Sandraaa
post Dec 18 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #158


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,223
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 485,356



Experience.
 
Joss-eh-lime
post Dec 23 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #159


tell me more.
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,798
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 35,640



i'm a little more cautious around blacks too...is that wrong because im black? the black people in my area intimidate me.


i still wouldn't rule any race out for a husband though..
 
JaseB
post Jan 21 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #160


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Nov 2006
Member No: 479,158



I have interracial parents
and i've never really been drawn
to a specific race.
i think i'm a little of both
in terms of personality
[black and hispanic]
but i do think it shouldn't matter
who you marry as long as it's a healthy relationship
thumbsup.gif
 
*Steven*
post Jan 22 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #161





Guest






QUOTE(JaseB @ Jan 21 2008, 06:17 PM) *
I have interracial parents
and i've never really been drawn
to a specific race.
i think i'm a little of both
in terms of personality
[black and hispanic]
but i do think it shouldn't matter
who you marry as long as it's a healthy relationship
thumbsup.gif

So you're too lazy to steal? Interracial marriages sicken me. People should stick to their own race. If we all engage in interracial marriages then we'll lose all diversity and sense of identity on this wonderful diverse planet we call Earth. God created communication barriers so we would stick to our own people and each one of us could excel in our own rights. We each specialize in something and without that specialization, the Earth is going to become a living cesspool.

To top things off, interracial marriages will eliminate the superior gene pool.
 
fameONE
post Jan 22 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #162


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



QUOTE(Steven @ Jan 22 2008, 07:35 AM) *
So you're too lazy to steal? Interracial marriages sicken me. People should stick to their own race. If we all engage in interracial marriages then we'll lose all diversity and sense of identity on this wonderful diverse planet we call Earth. God created communication barriers so we would stick to our own people and each one of us could excel in our own rights. We each specialize in something and without that specialization, the Earth is going to become a living cesspool.

To top things off, interracial marriages will eliminate the superior gene pool.


You can't be serious.
 
icecreamisyummy
post Jan 22 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #163


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,558
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,690



i agree with stevens last sentence.

but i also believe in interracial marriages and what not.

i tihnk we'll be able to slowly eliminate racial stuff
 
DoubleJ
post Jan 22 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #164


The Resident Drunk
*******

Group: Head Staff
Posts: 8,623
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,266



I am all for interracial marriages. I find it stupid, that the women in my family really want me to marry a black girl although they won't come out and say it. Well my mom doesn't mind, but the rest of them are hell bent on it. I think that the ignorance level in todays world on this subject, is rediculous.
 
fameONE
post Jan 22 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #165


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



I was never raised to be prejudice against any race, not in the least bit. When I was younger, I was partial to women of my race because of the elimination of cultural differences. As our society progresses, the main barrier of today's marriages is the financial background.

I could be with a Black woman, who was born into a wealthy family, and at the end of the day, we may not see eye to eye on certain issues. At the same time, I could meet a White woman who has been raised the way I have, in the blue collar sense, and we just may click when it comes to our goals for family life.

We're all bastards at heart, race doesn't matter.

I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable reading through this thread and noticing how many members who have posted are a bit weary of, not only befriending, but dating Black people. It is borderline insulting, actually.



 
DoubleJ
post Jan 22 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #166


The Resident Drunk
*******

Group: Head Staff
Posts: 8,623
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,266



QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 22 2008, 08:43 PM) *
I was never raised to be prejudice against any race, not in the least bit. When I was younger, I was partial to women of my race because of the elimination of cultural differences. As our society progresses, the main barrier of today's marriages is the financial background.

I could be with a Black woman, who was born into a wealthy family, and at the end of the day, we may not see eye to eye on certain issues. At the same time, I could meet a White woman who has been raised the way I have, in the blue collar sense, and we just may click when it comes to our goals for family life.

We're all bastards at heart, race doesn't matter.

I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable reading through this thread and noticing how many members who have posted are a bit weary of, not only befriending, but dating Black people. It is borderline insulting, actually.


I totally agree with you. I think that people have this big stereotype of Black people that is just plain bullshit. Like the other races don't have their own underlying issues. I sometimes get a certain racist undertones from reading some of the people's posts in here. All I can say is people stereotyping others because of their race, is only making themselves look even more ignorant and close minded.
 
icecreamisyummy
post Jan 22 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #167


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,558
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,690



ims ure ive posted in here before but

i tend to not go for hispanics. pretty much for the whole stereotypical thing about hispanics, but for the guys, its usually true and i know it is jsut cuz im around it i see it going on.

idk...
 
MissHygienic
post Jan 22 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #168


Resource Center Tyrant
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,263
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,306



QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 22 2008, 08:27 PM) *
You can't be serious.

He's in an interracial relationship himself.

So am I. I have physical standards, though. I'm 5'11", so I sort of need someone tall. So far, I've only met my boyfriend, who's white, who has fit the criteria. I honestly don't know why this issue is still discussed.
 
DoubleJ
post Jan 22 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #169


The Resident Drunk
*******

Group: Head Staff
Posts: 8,623
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,266



QUOTE(icecreamisyummy @ Jan 22 2008, 08:49 PM) *
ims ure ive posted in here before but

i tend to not go for hispanics. pretty much for the whole stereotypical thing about hispanics, but for the guys, its usually true and i know it is jsut cuz im around it i see it going on.

idk...

The main stereotype I hear about hispanic men, is that the Dominican ones in particular are players and what not. They basically don't give a f**k.
 
fameONE
post Jan 22 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #170


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



QUOTE(MissHygienic @ Jan 22 2008, 07:50 PM) *
He's in an interracial relationship himself.


I figured as much seeing how he likes to argue out of boredom.
 
icecreamisyummy
post Jan 22 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #171


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,558
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,690



yea pretty much javonn. idk puertoricans tend to be "ghetto" and im not into that stuff.

my fam isnt racist but they would def. be like wtf? if i ever bring a black guy over the house, which i have twice already
 
DoubleJ
post Jan 22 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #172


The Resident Drunk
*******

Group: Head Staff
Posts: 8,623
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,266



My fam wouldn't mind, but my aunts and them would be like wtf!
 
Tung
post Jan 25 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #173


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



My parents are all about sticking with Vietnamese people. However, I've never dated a Vietnamese girl in my life. Never will most likely. I support interracial marriages. Nothing like a Dutch/Indonesian girl.
 
miyashu
post Jan 25 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #174


cake or DEATH
*****

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 631
Joined: Sep 2005
Member No: 223,586



I'm all for interracial marriages. I'm aware that some families like to stick with "their own kind," but what I don't find right is how some kids are actually forced to date/marry someone based on race, just to make their parents happy.

Plus some people of mixed race are sexy.

But of course, there are people who are prejudiced in relationships. For example, to say you "love" someone just because they are (let's say...) japanese, is superficial. And really, you don't love them; you're just a bit obsessed.
 
Melie
post Jan 26 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #175


Melieized
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 1,372
Joined: Nov 2006
Member No: 478,715



for so many years my parents have been hinting to me that i should date puerto ricans but i always end up dating black men. well, to make a long story short, they don't mention that to me anymore because they love my husband (who's black) and our daughter who is adorable!
 

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: