Log In · Register

 
105 Pages V  « < 98 99 100 101 102 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The girl next door
minioligo
post Feb 26 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #2476


i'm so bored.
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 1,261
Joined: Oct 2006
Member No: 473,614



D: I really wanted Peter to win Best Actor. He's been nominated like 10 times right? >.> He looked so disappointed.
 
rochelley-o
post Feb 27 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #2477


abooga.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 212,116



^ Yeah, he's been nominated a lot, already.

I wanted Peter O' Toole to win, too. You could really tell that he wanted to win. I mean REALLY. It sucks watching the mixed look disappointment and happiness on the actors and actresses faces when they lose, but still have to be happy for their peers.
 
*suddenly she*
post Feb 27 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #2478





Guest






I actually like Nicole's dress and the way it contrasts with her skin.
And Keisha's dress... wow. It's perfect.

Reese looks like a high school kid in that picture.

I don't pay attention to awards. :P
 
Rachel
post Feb 27 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #2479


i've never wanted anything rationale.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,449
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 19,045



QUOTE(Monochrome. @ Feb 26 2007, 1:54 PM) *
Didnt borat win something?

Borat won at the Globes.

I need to see The Departed fallen.gif
 
StubbornFemme
post Feb 27 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #2480


never settle for less than what you deserve.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 328,920



Those ProActiv ones get on my nerves a lot! Esp. since they keep running the Jessica Simpson one. And their commercials are louder for some reason and that's annoying. You're watching a show and all of a sudden, "HI! I'M JESSICA SIMPSON...ETC." It's not a little louder, it's A LOT louder. Most of them are kinda funny to watch, especially when you can tell their low budget infomercials. Haha.
 
hi-C
post Feb 27 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #2481


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



^ Yes, you do. It's awesome =D

QUOTE(devaani(: @ Feb 27 2007, 2:56 AM) *
Sorta Dissapointed because Eddie Murphy didn't win Best Supporting Actor. He totally deserved it. HE KICKED ASS IN DREAMGIRLS !
He was alright. I really didn't understand the hype around his performance (unlike Jennifer Hudson, who definitely lived up to and surpassed expectations). Him and Will Smith. He had a good solid performance, but I don't think he was better than Mark Wahlberg.


QUOTE(minioligo @ Feb 27 2007, 4:42 AM) *
D: I really wanted Peter to win Best Actor. He's been nominated like 10 times right? >.> He looked so disappointed.
The fact that Peter O'Toole has never won an Oscar (he got an honorary one a few years ago) is just one other stain on the Academy's reputation. Him and, until last Sunday, Scorsese.
 
HakunaMatata
post Feb 27 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #2482


Home is where your rump rests!
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 4,235
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 451,969



^I was jumping up and down when Scorsese won. He was snubbed four times. Geez.

But I did like when Lucas, Speilberg and ??? Francis Ford Coppola (thank you, Carrie) presented the award, it was pretty cute.
 
hi-C
post Feb 27 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #2483


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



The last one is Francis Ford Coppola, director of the Godfather series.
 
*baby cakes*
post Feb 27 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #2484





Guest






QUOTE(catastrophic @ Feb 25 2007, 6:21 PM) *
I guess that line was really deceiving because it sounded as if two of the contestants got married instead.


Yeah. I thought that Scooter & Megan got married. Haha. XD.gif

Aww... It's over.. sad.gif

You know what? I think the majority of the people posting in this thread doesn't like Cecille at all, and face it, I don't think that that opinion will change. (Well at least mine wont). She won't change AT ALL, and I doubt she will even if she didn't win the money. Cecille will always be Cecille.
 
AngryBaby
post Feb 28 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #2485


L!ckitySplit
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 4,325
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 129,329



QUOTE(Siena Jade @ Feb 26 2007, 2:15 AM) *
I think Ellen did a pretty good job, although she seemed a little nervous, which of course comes with the territory. Haha, the naked thing made me laugh, and the silhouettes were pretty cool, especially The Devil Wears Prada heel and The Departed pistol.

I wish that one day there would be an Oscars ceremony that was completely unexpected and surprising, where the favourites don't always win. I think that would be pretty interesting. For example, the 79th Academy Award winners tonight would have been things like

Best Picture - Little Miss Sunshine
Best Director - Paul Greengrass
Best Actor - Ryan Gosling
Best Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou
Best Actress - Penélope Cruz
Best Supporting Actress - Abigail Breslin
Best Adapted Screenplay - Borat

Just imagine the outrage. But congrats to tonight's winners, especially Helen Mirren, Martin Scorsese, Ari Sandel, Forest Whitaker and Alan Arkin! The last three were pleasant surprises for me.

I liked Jack Black, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly's little number. =]

Countdown to the big 8-0 begins NOW.


well, personally, i think Djimon hounsou could've...should've won his nomination.


QUOTE(Sherlock. @ Feb 26 2007, 8:37 PM) *
The Departed wasn't the Best Picture. If anything it was the worst! I'm sorry but that movie blows. And I can enjoy a gang movie anytime but that movie seriously sucked ass. Freaking blowed. I was wanting it to be good too. Really. But it sucked.


lol mind explaining WHY it sucked?


oh and children of men should have won best cinematography by f**king FAR. its friggin obvious when you see it. that was just political.

imo i think it should've taken little miss sunshine's place for a best picture nomination.
 
Daphy
post Mar 1 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #2486


Wanna be friends? =]
***

Group: Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 487,821



what do u think of both shows?

which one is ur fav... happy.gif

THE ADAMS FAMILY ?

or

THE MUNSTERS ?

thumbsup.gif

(i LOVE both tongue.gif jeje)
 
hi-C
post Mar 1 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #2487


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



It's "Addams." And Addams Family pws the Munsters.
 
deletethisplease
post Mar 1 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #2488


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 505,941



Munsters, i think, because it was actually funny, addams' family was kind of boring.
 
hi-C
post Mar 1 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #2489


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



^ The Munsters didn't get a feature film in the 90s. So therefore Addams > Munsters.
 
freeflow
post Mar 1 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #2490


t-t-t-toyaaa
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 19,821
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,270



Addams Family.
 
megggnasty
post Mar 2 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #2491


suckaaaa free
****

Group: Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 504,684



"You're more punk, hardcore, mod, straightedge, emo, indie than me. Your hair is cooler, your pants are tighter, you have more tattoos. You have cooler pins on your messanger bag and your favorite band is more obscure than mine. Your shoes are more vintage and so is your t-shirt. You own more black clothes than me. I don't even own a denim jacket. Your glasses are thicker and blacker than mine, the plugs in your ears are bigger. You know more people in bands and your black jelly bracelets are the envy of scensters everywhere. Your photography is blacker and whiter, your Madradhair profile is wittier, and you have much better soul records. Your tie is whiter, or redder, or blacker. Your scene points are double, perhaps triple, mine. Because as we all know, that's what really matters. In a scene where the music has taken a backseat to the haircuts, you win and I lose. "
 
*Azarel*
post Mar 2 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #2492





Guest






I'm pretty sure this isn't from any book or movie, since it refers to the "scene" movement, which seems to be a phenomena among teenagers and perhaps tweens (not that I know many). But yeah, my guess would be that somebody just wrote it up for their profile (or something to that effect) and it spread.
 
Daphy
post Mar 2 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #2493


Wanna be friends? =]
***

Group: Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 487,821



QUOTE(Madame C @ Mar 1 2007, 12:26 PM) *
It's "Addams."


thanx for the correction i was doing it quickly cuz i was at school...
on our free day so i got on...
 
viugiufgjhfhjfhg...
post Mar 2 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #2494


The one man Voltron
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 491,519



A google search only brough me to several myspace/xanga/etc... profiles where that paragraph was quoted; no author was credited.

As Anna said, it's probably a new fad thing since the term "scene" itself hasn't been used in this context since the early 1980's, and I doubt 40 year old punkers are really into making statements through their myspace profiles >_>;.
 
LiLEthiopian
post Mar 3 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #2495


jonathan rhys meyers.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 33,013



I've been a Scorsese fan forever. Loved Goodfellas. It's about time he finally won.

As for Jennifer Hudson, it's funny how everybody's saying it's about time she won when she just came out barely a year ago. During last year's Academy Awards, she was virtually a nobody so this is def. a big step for her.
 
technicolour
post Mar 3 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #2496


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



QUOTE(L!ckitySplit @ Feb 28 2007, 8:57 PM) *
well, personally, i think Djimon hounsou could've...should've won his nomination.
lol mind explaining WHY it sucked?


It was stupid. They seemed like they just added the "f word" every other word just for emphasis..and it was just slow. I tried watching it twice and I just kept falling asleep. It failed to grasp my attention, and the vulgarity of it wasn't too..attractive to me. I just wasn't appealed by it.

Anyways..
 
hi-C
post Mar 3 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #2497


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



^ Wow. I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought it was well-paced and I didn't mind the cursing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

QUOTE(LiLEthiopian @ Mar 3 2007, 7:29 AM) *
I've been a Scorsese fan forever. Loved Goodfellas. It's about time he finally won.
omg.gif Marty got robbed when Goodfellas lost (to freakin' Dances with Wolves!). That's probably why I love The Departed so much, because it reminds me so much of Goodfellas.
 
LiLEthiopian
post Mar 3 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #2498


jonathan rhys meyers.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 33,013



QUOTE(Madame C @ Mar 3 2007, 6:12 AM) *
^ Wow. I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought it was well-paced and I didn't mind the cursing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

omg.gif Marty got robbed when Goodfellas lost (to freakin' Dances with Wolves!). That's probably why I love The Departed so much, because it reminds me so much of Goodfellas.

agreed. Goodfellas was such a f*cking classic. I prefer it over The Departed anyday..(not that The Departed wasn't any good).
 
shortcake
post Mar 12 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #2499


Oh Wow ...
*****

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sep 2006
Member No: 468,522



Does anyone know the name of that movie. Where the guy falls in love with this girl but she's gunna get married and he's the best man. Ugh, i can't remember the name. Help please
 
technicolour
post Mar 12 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #2500


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



UGH!

I can't remember. This errks me.

http://abcfamily.go.com/movies/

right side lists all of the movies...
 

105 Pages V  « < 98 99 100 101 102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: