Log In · Register

 
105 Pages V  « < 97 98 99 100 101 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The girl next door
mznikki
post Feb 26 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #2451


Nikkie
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,336
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 28,991



Most of the nominations I predicted were right, like the queen for best actress, jenifer hudson for best supporting, I also had a feeling The Last King of Scotland as best actor would win for some reason, although I was supprised for some reason when I saw Ryan nominated for Best Actor (no doubt I like him, but I wasn't expecting it).

QUOTE(catastrophic @ Feb 26 2007, 12:50 AM) *
I loved that thing where like, at every other commercial, those people did that shadow thing representing a movie poster, so cool.
haha yea I liked that too esp when Ellen goes...they're naked back there! ahaha laugh.gif they were great.

Ellen was funny, one of my favorite lines was "if there were no jews, blacks or gays there would be no movies."
 
*slammin shelby*
post Feb 26 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #2452





Guest






Edit - thumbeeed XD.gif



All three are just amazing.


Jodie looks old, Maggie looks chubby, Reese looks flawless.


Kate beautiful, Helen glowing, Kirsten looks cute. Not sure about that '20s style dress.


Meryl needs to go back to 'The Devil Wears Prada', Cate is beautiful, Rinko beautiful dress.


Nicole the hair is just too extreme and her skin is just too light for that red, Jennifer pretty dress get rid of the jacket, Naomi pretty color not sure about the top half.


Eddie & Tracey nice but the dress at the top is just, ugh, Sacha & Isla what can I say Borat has never looked so good and Isla's dress is beautiful, Forest & Keisha the color of her dress on her is fantastic.


More later.
 
Siena Jade
post Feb 26 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #2453


This is screaming photo op.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 381,587



I think Ellen did a pretty good job, although she seemed a little nervous, which of course comes with the territory. Haha, the naked thing made me laugh, and the silhouettes were pretty cool, especially The Devil Wears Prada heel and The Departed pistol.

I wish that one day there would be an Oscars ceremony that was completely unexpected and surprising, where the favourites don't always win. I think that would be pretty interesting. For example, the 79th Academy Award winners tonight would have been things like

Best Picture - Little Miss Sunshine
Best Director - Paul Greengrass
Best Actor - Ryan Gosling
Best Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou
Best Actress - Penélope Cruz
Best Supporting Actress - Abigail Breslin
Best Adapted Screenplay - Borat

Just imagine the outrage. But congrats to tonight's winners, especially Helen Mirren, Martin Scorsese, Ari Sandel, Forest Whitaker and Alan Arkin! The last three were pleasant surprises for me.

I liked Jack Black, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly's little number. =]

Countdown to the big 8-0 begins NOW.
 
HakunaMatata
post Feb 26 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #2454


Home is where your rump rests!
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 4,235
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 451,969



^Well, there's a reason there's favorites, yes? Just like sports, we like to weight talent. Sure, an expected win is wonderful, but at the same time, perhaps there would be outrage because the most talented (or most deserving) didn't win.

Eight-oh eight-oh eight-oh! (I feel like I'm chanting my class year backwards. mellow.gif )
QUOTE(mznikki @ Feb 25 2007, 9:52 PM) *
Ellen was funny, one of my favorite lines was "if there were no jews, blacks or gays there would be no movies."
(while vacuuming) "I didn't know this was part of the hosting duties! Oh, sorry, Penolope, that's a big dress you got there." laugh.gif
 
Siena Jade
post Feb 26 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #2455


This is screaming photo op.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 381,587



^Well yes, I agree, the favourites are usually the favourites BECAUSE of their outstanding performances. I’d just be curious in seeing an unexpected show, just for the experience and to see the surely interesting acceptance speeches. I liked Martin Scorsese’s acceptance speech (and when Ellen handed him her “script”.) Tonight was The Departed’s big night (with the sad exception of Mark and Leo.)

I wonder, if the orchestra didn’t cut them off at the mark, how long people’s acceptance speeches would really go on for…
 
OhMyAnniee
post Feb 26 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #2456


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,388
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,129



I'm so happy that The Departed won Best Mostion Picture!
I'm so happy that Ellen Degeneres hosted!
I'm so happy that Martin Scorsese won!

I think that Forest's wife is so pretty!
 
OhMyAnniee
post Feb 26 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #2457


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,388
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,129



Is this going to come out on DVD?
Because I really want to watch it.
 
Señorita Semi-Au...
post Feb 26 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #2458


Oh My Goblet of Fire!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 504,421



I've never cried so much or bonded with the characters so much as in this movie. It was so beautifully done! Anyone (who is 17 or older) should see this movie.
 
OhMyAnniee
post Feb 26 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #2459


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,388
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,129



In the scene with Megan's puppy, you can clearly see that she has a ring on her finger.

I thought what Mario said before he said he got married was cute.
When Nate and Jennylee met again, he looked pretty cute. Spiffy.

Woooow. Cece is FULL OF HERSELF.
I want to slap her.
 
pandamonium
post Feb 26 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #2460


cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,316
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 37,142



it was so good, i cannot stress how good this movie is.


it won i think 2 oscars tonight ! yay. lol

it deserves 5 lol. its so freaking good.


i love the end and everything about the movie.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE. ITS HAUNTING. I KEEP THINKING ABOUT IT.
 
StubbornFemme
post Feb 26 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #2461


never settle for less than what you deserve.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 328,920



The only reason I watched was b/c of Ellen DeGeneres<3 Haha, I can tell she was a bit nervous too..and she always makes me laugh on her show.
 
pandamonium
post Feb 26 2007, 02:24 AM
Post #2462


cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,316
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 37,142



too much of scorcese however you spell it. but pans labyrinth should of won more and spanish lady from babel should of won too.
 
hi-C
post Feb 26 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #2463


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



QUOTE(Monokuro Boo. @ Feb 26 2007, 5:48 AM) *
I wasn't expecting the actor from "The Last King of Scotland" to win.
He won every other major award. If he didn't win, it would have been kind of an upset. Who did you want to/think was going to win instead?


QUOTE(slammin shelby @ Feb 26 2007, 6:13 AM) *
[]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/02/25/movies/26red_blue.jpg[/]
Jodie looks old, Maggie looks chubby, Reese looks flawless.
Maggie just had a baby mellow.gif

- - -

I didn't get to see the awards but, Alan Arkin for Best Supporting Actor?! Come on. Not that I didn't like Little Miss Sunshine or his character, I just really didn't get what the hype was all about. IMO, it should have gone to Mark Wahlberg or Djimon Honsou.
 
Aerjae
post Feb 26 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #2464


rissa.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 436,690



uhm.. yay! happy.gif so happy.
 
synthase
post Feb 26 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #2465


ALLISON
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 3,372
Joined: Nov 2005
Member No: 310,259



i loveed Reese Witherspoon's dress! it was so prettyy
and Abigail breslin was adorable; plus she won an oscar!
 
Jeng
post Feb 26 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #2466


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 7,149
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 213,509



Damn i missed it, who performed?
 
hi-C
post Feb 26 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #2467


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



QUOTE(hixfive @ Feb 26 2007, 8:44 PM) *
i loveed Reese Witherspoon's dress! it was so prettyy
and Abigail breslin was adorable; plus she won an oscar!
...No, she didn't.... She was nominated, but she sure as hell didn't win.
 
*Monochrome.*
post Feb 26 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #2468





Guest






Didnt borat win something?
I missed it i couldent get the satilite uplink to work to watch it.
 
*StanleyThePanda*
post Feb 26 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #2469





Guest






QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Feb 26 2007, 12:48 AM) *
^x2 Forest Whitaker won! I don't know if Will Smith should've won, but I really hope he gets nommed again, and wins.

Yes, I saw the winner, and then went back upstairs. laugh.gif

I was watching the "Live from the Red Carpet" today on E! I still adore Reeses' dress.
And I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal's too.
 
*My Cinderella.*
post Feb 26 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #2470





Guest






Little Miss Sunshine won 4. blink.gif Ah yes, Reese looked beautiful.
 
technicolour
post Feb 26 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #2471


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



The Departed wasn't the Best Picture. If anything it was the worst! I'm sorry but that movie blows. And I can enjoy a gang movie anytime but that movie seriously sucked ass. Freaking blowed. I was wanting it to be good too. Really. But it sucked.
 
hi-C
post Feb 26 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #2472


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



^ ohmy.gif You blaspheme! I loved that movie!
 
TheReasonWhy
post Feb 26 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #2473


bliss.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 735
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 41,566



QUOTE(Monokuro Boo. @ Feb 26 2007, 12:48 AM) *
They made a mistake, "The Departed" is not based on a Japanese movie. It's based from the movie from Hong Kong called "Infernal Affairs."

i know. i was shouting at the TV when it was announced.
hongkong pride man ermm.gif
 
KissMe2408
post Feb 26 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #2474


Yawn
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,530
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,772



glad Jennifer Hudson won.

Didn't get to watch it, I was working :rollseyes:
I was really upset about that.

But i looked up the winners list online.
very predictable actually.
maybe i didn't miss much
 
devaani
post Feb 26 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #2475


Get wit it bitches!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 496,883



the best part of the whoooleee oscars was when the dreamgirls cast performed. it was UHmazing. beyonce did soooo good in the first two songs. jennifer hudson was great in the first song but got a little sloppy in listen. & anika noni & keith robinson did greeat!

for those who didn't see it;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hj7LRuusFqo

Also: Sorta Dissapointed because Eddie Murphy didn't win Best Supporting Actor. He totally deserved it. HE KICKED ASS IN DREAMGIRLS !
 

105 Pages V  « < 97 98 99 100 101 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here