Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Myspace Music pages
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
aliiicimo

I recently designed and coded a layout for my friend's band, The Denial Factor, for their MySpace music page.

I coded everything based on a saved code I had from months ago, but the code was super messy and since I'm a bit OCD about cleaning codes, I ended up taking huge chunks out that I thought were repetition.

I also edited the sizing of sections a bit, especially the comment section.
When viewed in IE (which I do use to code in as Firefox is full of lag on my computer) the comments section looks fine, and looks as I wanted it to look.

However, when I viewed it in Firefox a day later after forgetting to cross-browser check, I realised that the comments section looks completely different.

I've gone back and looked at my coding, but I never really understood the changes that I needed to add when coding doesn't work in Firefox (I know that probably makes me a bad person!), so I would really appreciate any help.

I'm hoping that fixing the comments section will fix the alignment problems with the right column, but as my screen resolution is way odd, I don't know if that's just a problem with that. My friend says it aligns okay with her screen res.

http://www.myspace.com/thedenialfactor

This is the only section of coding I have that relates directly to the comments section.

I probably need additional coding, but I wouldn't know what to add as this was the first time I've done a music page.

CODE
table.friendsComments tbody tr td.text table tbody tr td span.orangetext15{
background-image: url(http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff288/aliiicimo/denialfactor/1f4f7213.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
background-color: transparent;
display: block !important;
height: 20px !important;
width: 450px;
position: relative;
left: 0px;
overflow: visible;
font-size: 0px;
text-align: right;
margin-top: 0px;
line-height: 0px !important;}

Thank you for any help you can give :)
Mickey
Topic moved to MySpace Support. Try deleting the last comment on there.
aliiicimo
Ooh, sorry Mike, this was my first time in using the support sections of the forum really :\

Okay, I'll tell the band to try it. I didn't know that the actual comments content would affect it?
aliiicimo
Well it doesn't stretch on IE, so I assumed it wouldn't on Firefox. My bad.
Thanks anyway :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.