Image has been deleted..?

fixed

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
heyo-captain-jack
imo shit
manny-the-dino
I 100% second Mike's response. Those silhouette backgrounds are so overdone. There's a lot going on in her bikini and with all that's going on in the background makes it too busy. Tone down the effects a bit.
tokyo-rose
I think you should use a totally different background.
deteam
haha funny since all that shyt that u pointed out being wrong ... was all part of the b.g. which was one layer that i foudn as a stock lol... at 4 am u expect me 2 make any of that shyt lol all i did was throw on a render, a couple gradient maps, and sum text.... critique the shyt i did . . and i know the text is bad lol im never good with typography

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
technicolour
All the more reason why you should sleep at 4AM; your judgment is totally impaired. You picked a horribly low quality "stock" background, which of course we expected you to have made it since your claiming it to be your creation, with lack of credit, and combined bad and bad to only create worse.

Sleep at 4AM, practice during the day when you're semi coherent. That is my critique and what I recommend.
mipadi
QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 22 2010, 02:13 AM) *
Sleep at 4AM, practice during the day when you're semi coherent. That is my critique and what I recommend.

Naw. I say, stay up; subliminal creativity will occur.
creole
Maybe subliminal sleeps in the daytime and he's a nocturnal person? _unsure.gif

Idk, it is common sense to have enough energy to do an activity ( yeah, graphic designing is an activity xD )

And one way way to improve and sharpen your designs is by examining pictures you like by other designers. you can even ask them how they did it if it makes you feel better. oh, and also try to look at tutorials and guides on certain effects and experiment around. i highly recommend looking through font guides / what to do & what not to do, etc.
deteam
haha 4got . . . can only post up work here that ive actually put time into lol . . . shyt was not serious or 4 a client... relax lol shifty.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
creole
You should still give credit, because sometimes designers can be a bit...bitchy.
Maccabee
Sooo, pretty much you didn't do anything. And the 1-2 things you did do look terrible. And would you stop saying 'shyt.' It's not a word.
deteam
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Jan 22 2010, 04:21 PM) *
Sooo, pretty much you didn't do anything. And the 1-2 things you did do look terrible. And would you stop saying 'shyt.' It's not a word.

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(deteam @ Jan 22 2010, 03:50 PM) *

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

loool.gif
technicolour
QUOTE(mipadi @ Jan 22 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Naw. I say, stay up; subliminal creativity will occur.

To those who know what they're doing to begin with. I made my current wallpaper at 2 in the morning and I freaking love it so, *shrug*.
deteam
QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 22 2010, 05:43 PM) *
To those who know what they're doing to begin with. I made my current wallpaper at 2 in the morning and I freaking love it so, *shrug*.

and we love you 2 shifty.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
karmakiller
Damn, she's a giant. Look at how much bigger she is than that shitty looking tree.
technicolour
This is probably just my warped logic, but when you know what you're doing when you're coherent, then when you're semi/not coherent that really allows your mind to soar. You already have the skills to where you can do whatever. Kind of like you have to know the rules of art to break them? But when you don't know what you're doing and you're attempting to do it when you're not coherent, crap will be made because you didn't know what you were doing in the first place.

And yes, everyone does love me. rolleyes.gif Note the witty sarcasm.
Tomates
Wow. You're all assholes.
deteam
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 24 2010, 01:38 AM) *

clap.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
Tomates
no really, some of you aren't event critiquing. You're just being downright rude and disrespectful. And if you think that i'm wrong then you're idiots. I'm sure none of you wouldn't like it if i said "wow it sucks, it looks like shit" when i critiqued some of your bad work.
brooklyneast05
mike vs natalie

boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif
Tomates
Yeah he asked for feedback, you guys aren't even giving feedback you're just being complete pricks.
technicolour
Actually, we're saying that no designing should happen at 4AM when you're semi-coherent. Pretty sure that's feedback.
Tomates
i'm sure some of you have seen designs from people at 2am. At least someone mentioned that they "saw art work done at 2am that looked good".
technicolour
I said that. I did my wallpaper at 2AM and I love it. But you should also read what I posted a few posts under that.
Tomates
Well, right now i'm not saying how someone can make good art at 2am. I'm saying that a lot comments were just downright rude.

QUOTE(itanium @ Jan 21 2010, 10:28 PM) *
imo shit

QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 22 2010, 02:13 AM) *
All the more reason why you should sleep at 4AM; your judgment is totally impaired. You picked a horribly low quality "stock" background, which of course we expected you to have made it since your claiming it to be your creation, with lack of credit, and combined bad and bad to only create worse.

QUOTE(Maccabee @ Jan 22 2010, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 22 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Way to sound completely self absorbed...
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:45 AM) *
krstina vs natalie

boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif

iDecay
Hi JC.

brooklyneast05
hi tina

12:27:54 AM tiiiiinaaaaah: only person in here that can drool on me is jc
Blyat
3rd on Mike's opinion

Imo making that background more realistic and take out those black circle things
make the skin look less fake, and fix the rainbow (either make it more real looking or just take it out)
technicolour
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 24 2010, 01:07 PM) *
Well, right now i'm not saying how someone can make good art at 2am. I'm saying that a lot comments were just downright rude.
Way to sound completely self absorbed...

I see you took out the 'no offense'. Hah. I will speak for my comments and mine only for now. One shouldn't do design at 4AM when they're still at novice status, which it seems as though he is giving this latest piece. It is all basic/beginner stuff. OP has not fully explored all that the program has to offer. And seriously, at 4 in the morning, ones judgment is impaired due to lack of sleep, normally. That wasn't rude or disrespectful, it was pretty much stating some common sense.

And I guess i'll have to repeat myself:
QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 23 2010, 11:44 AM) *
This is probably just my warped logic, but when you know what you're doing when you're coherent, then when you're semi/not coherent that really allows your mind to soar. You already have the skills to where you can do whatever. Kind of like you have to know the rules of art to break them? But when you don't know what you're doing and you're attempting to do it when you're not coherent, crap will be made because you didn't know what you were doing in the first place.

You have to know the rules before you can break them. And you have to practice learning before you can get anywhere.

Oh, and nothing is more classy than getting the bird via a bunch of punctuation marks via the internet. So, seriously, rudeness is returned with rudeness. And when you ask for critique, you should expect the full range of comments between good and bad, and bad comments can sometimes be rude. But when you're still at that novice status you need those bad comments to get better. So, they learned that this piece looks like "shit" to some. They know what they did and they now will know how to fix it and turn it into something great after much much practice.

So, yes, we're all rude and disrespectful but you're the one calling us idiots if we don't see it, so shrug.gif.
Tomates
I said you're acting like those words. I never said you were. Also yeah he asked for criticism. Theres a difference between criticism and being rude.

Rude
1. discourteous or impolite, esp. in a deliberate way: a rude reply.
2. rough, harsh, or ungentle: rude hands.
3. harsh to the ear: rude sounds.
4. robust, sturdy, or vigorous: rude strength.

Criticism
1. the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
2. the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
3. a critical comment, article, or essay; critique.
4. investigation of the text, origin, etc., of literary documents, esp. Biblical ones: textual criticism.
Mikeplyts
Moved to Debate.
deteam
haha i luv you all shifty.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
karmakiller
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Jan 24 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Moved to Debate.
LOL popcorn2.gif
technicolour
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 24 2010, 02:32 PM) *
I said you're acting like those words. I never said you were. Also yeah he asked for criticism. Theres a difference between criticism and being rude.

Rude
1. discourteous or impolite, esp. in a deliberate way: a rude reply.
2. rough, harsh, or ungentle: rude hands.
3. harsh to the ear: rude sounds.
4. robust, sturdy, or vigorous: rude strength.

Criticism
1. the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
2. the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
3. a critical comment, article, or essay; critique.
4. investigation of the text, origin, etc., of literary documents, esp. Biblical ones: textual criticism.

We never were calling them the same thing? We were being "rude" while giving our "criticism". What exactly is your point now? Because you have doubled backed on yourself twice now. And once again, i'm pretty much with Mike. You focused on just the "shit" part and didn't read the rest. There was feedback in there.
creole
Can we just get back to Subliminal's art? I'm dying to see the second version of the workpiece.

BTW, this scenario reminds me of this:
Tomates
QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 24 2010, 06:02 PM) *
We never were calling them the same thing? We were being "rude" while giving our "criticism". What exactly is your point now? Because you have doubled backed on yourself twice now. And once again, i'm pretty much with Mike. You focused on just the "shit" part and didn't read the rest. There was feedback in there.

Yeah i focused on the "shit" part because it really all was just rudeness.
Blyat
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 24 2010, 01:38 AM) *

This is what I have to deal with....

EVERYDAY

stubborn.gif

you all have it lucky
creole
I still can't believe you guys are twins. O_O
Blyat
QUOTE(Beenly @ Jan 24 2010, 07:47 PM) *
I still can't believe you guys are twins. O_O

Haha why is that Beeny?
creole
You guys...are solely different from one another.
Blyat
ill take that as a compliment
creole
Well.. you guys do have one similarity. An interest in Yaoi<3.

Anyways.. Subliminal, I think you should focus on not going all out on your artwork. What kind of style are you looking to obtain or did you have an inspiration for you to make this? Cause' you can't just make up something like that without having to think about the resources and stuff.
Tomates
we're a lot a like actually. You just have to get to know us outside of forums tongue.gif
creole
Buy me a plane ticket -_-
technicolour
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 24 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Yeah i focused on the "shit" part because it really all was just rudeness.

And yet, for the most part, the desire for criticism was still there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.