Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stiff legs?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
-DressYourEyelids-
okay, i run every morning for about an hour and a half and have been doing so for the past three years or so. i've never had any problems, except lately i have been awfully stiff and it feels like i have pulled muscles in both of my upper thighs. i stretch for about an hour before i go out and stretch for the same amount of time afterwards, and like i said before, i haven't had any problems until now.
do you know what could be causing me such discomfort?
LittleMissSunshine
maybe you pulled a muscle or maybe your thighs maybe sore. did you ever any put any hot/ice packs on your thighs? take some pain-killers, see if it helps, if not talk to your doc.
brooklyneast05
i duno really, but i think this happened to me before a few years ago. i didn't change anything i was doing and for about a week or so every time i'd run my thigh muscles felt really tight to the point i felt like something was literally about snap. i duno what was wrong though, it went away on its own.

that wasn't helpful at all but oh well, you're not alone
-DressYourEyelids-
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 29 2009, 06:20 PM) *
i duno really, but i think this happened to me before a few years ago. i didn't change anything i was doing and for about a week or so every time i'd run my thigh muscles felt really tight to the point i felt like something was literally about snap. i duno what was wrong though, it went away on its own.
that wasn't helpful at all but oh well, you're not alone

okay, as long as it isn't completely abnormal. i know it can't be a pulled muscle... its lasted too long for it to be that. maybe this is my body's way of telling me to slow down a bit :/
reupONtrees
QUOTE(paozuu @ May 29 2009, 03:08 PM) *
maybe you pulled a muscle or maybe your thighs maybe sore.

nahh

Have you been running more lately, could be muscle fatigue
-DressYourEyelids-
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ May 29 2009, 06:40 PM) *
nahh
Have you been running more lately, could be muscle fatigue

i have been, and under rougher conditions [more uphill running]. just you'd think after three years i wouldn't experience things like this...
fire
BUMP.

Dude I have just done this, I had to hobble 1.5km uphill back home.
Fat2death
I know what youre talking about. Its overuse or something like that. I had the same problem when I went into basic trainig. I have limited to no cartilage in between my knee bones, and I also had severe shin splits. Its like I couldnt stand up str8. Its horrible. You may need to rest. They told me if I continued to run like that, I will break one or both of my knees. They offered surgery, I refused, they kicked me out of the Navy. I would say run through it, but if you cant stand up str8, its not just muscle soreness. You may want to stop for a while.
fire
It's my fault, I pulled both quads the other day and thought I could so sprints today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.