Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: short temper?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
neonpink
Alright.. soo for the past 2 years and a half i've realized i get mad really easily,its kinda annoying,i try to hold back stuff but it just comes out..and I wasnt like this a few years ago..so i was wondering any ideas to help not get mad easily?dont reccomend(sp?) pills pleaase! or perhaps its puberty ?! (im 14)

cry.gif helppp!
lovescream
wel, yeah.. it could be puberty. you know, moodswings and junk like that. hmm.. maybe take therapy or drown yourself in music if you love music? i have a short temper too. what seems to calm me down is listening to what i think is good music. or umm.. sleep..
sharerol
Yeah, I would say it's just puberty and your hormones and stuff. I've been crying a lot more recently and getting more depressed and stuff, and it started happening when puberty hit, so yeah...you'll be okay.
Paradox of Life
I used to have an unbelievable temper. It was genetic. That might be the problem. When I was around 8-11 my temper was so short, I would have temper tantrums every day, destroy my room and just scream like crazy. Then it died down when I matured. (And I cried every day instead and ended up suffering from major depression). But just ignore that. It's probably just a phase.
sprezzatura
puberty=mood swings.
silver-rain
Yeah, it probably is puberty. I have such a short temper too, but what calms me down, like Spiritedfreak said, was listening to music.
<3`mae
yeah . it is probably just puberty . i'm the same way . haha . but yeah like others -- music calms me down . i guess you could say it's my "happy" place . lol
parallel
Hah. I'm short tempered too. But that's not from puberty. Your situation might be from it though.
datass
im just like that. but i think ive been like this since i was small

"i hate you forever!" "i hate this!" "shut up!"

^yep. thats me
_sarcastic_
like everyone else said, it might be puberty. i'm not usually short tempered unless i have my period then i have major mood swings
MeLoNiSyUmMy
QUOTE(neonpink @ Aug 26 2005, 8:55 PM)
Alright.. soo for the past 2 years and a half i've realized i get mad really easily,its kinda annoying,i try to hold back stuff but it just comes out..and I wasnt like this a few years ago..so i was wondering any ideas to help not get mad easily?dont reccomend(sp?) pills pleaase! or perhaps its puberty ?! (im 14)
cry.gif  helppp!

whoa, im like too. but then i found out that i had ADD so thats what caused me to trigger like that.
Latina Babii
My temper is very short, almost shorter than my new puppy! Just find who pushes your buttons the most and try to move away from that person, to keep your distance, or to take ten calming breaths ^^
shortiiex
don't worry it is completly normal you just have to grow out of it sooner or later
angelic_grl
QUOTE(sharerol @ Aug 26 2005, 9:07 PM)
Yeah, I would say it's just puberty and your hormones and stuff.  I've been crying a lot more recently and getting more depressed and stuff, and it started happening when puberty hit, so yeah...you'll be okay.

You've been crying lately? And you didn't tell me??? (mutters : but I'm your best friend!!) Anyway......I have a short temper too. ^_^ (only gets mad when insulted about height) but it's part of growing up I guess. Drawing anime usually calms me down and takes off what is on my mind.....
FLIPxADDICTION
I've always had a short temper.
ParanoidAndroid
I've always had a temper. I got an even worse temper when I PMS. There is really no permanent cure for short tempers. (Even if you go to therapy, that temper will be long gone but something very severe will bring it back). When I simply want to blurt out and scream everything, I decided to just shut my mouth. Sure you'll regret not taking it out on anything but when it comes to me, me and my brain forgetting memory always forgets the pain I go through.
BrokenDream
I believe that's what everyone goes through..
I have the same problem.
nerdxcore
maybe yes..puberty. or if you have been having a lot of small problems, it could just be building up and you just explode at one point. just try to take more time relaxing, i guess.
suddenly she
i have a short temper as well. i just tend to bottle it in and let it explode every once in a while. ermm.gif
laydee hottness
I have a short temper too mad.gif Every little thing pisses me off for some reason. I try not wasteing my time on that anymore... When I get stressed/annoyed, I just meditate til I feel better.
HoodieObsessed
it's called being a teenager.
mai_z
probably just hormones, don't worry too much. Try not to take it out on the rest of the world, but don't bottle it in either. I have a pretty short temper, but I always have, just try learn to calm yourself, and focus the anger on other things like sports or music...etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.