Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i just got my hair dyed at a salon...
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
teeners4
haha so yea i got my hair dyed today professionally. and stupid me i asked the girl all the questions i could think of EXCEPT how long should i wait before washing it.

my mom said one week, but i know she's lying? unless she isnt.

so yea how many days shouldnt i wash it for? or its okay to wash it like tonite?
Funkadelic.Kiss
wait a day to be safe. or if you want to shower tonight just wear a shower cap when you shower thumbsup.gif
NgocQuyen
wow 1 week? weird..haha i only think you should wait for 1 day..=P lols..i dont think you need to wait a whole week..hahahahahaha your mom just wants you to experience some of that IBS =D
x3briliantbrunette
hey hun i have had mii hair highlighted and i dont think it maters cause they washed mii hair right after !! so i think that u can wash it like wenever but u should use special shampoo for your hair so the color doesnt fade !!
Paradox of Life
^ Yeah.

I took a shower the next day. The highlights are on for good. Didn't they wash your hair right after the highlights were put on? They did for me.
IamRad
wait a few days, the color might go away
silver-rain
Yeah, when I got my highlights done, they washed my hair after it "dried" or whatever. I think it's fine now if they did wash your hair after applying the dye.
mai_z
A week is probably too long unless you got it permed or something. Did the stylist wash your hair after she dyed it? if she did then you're fine. Otherwise, i'd wait like 2 days
KissMe2408
lol. I get my hair done professionally too...highlighted and all. And when they take the foils outta my hair they wash it imeddiately after that. And they should of washed somethan or other out of your hair while you were there. It's permenant right? I assume so, so if it is then you can wash it tonight if you wanted to. I dunno why you would want to tho...but usually i wash mine the next day. It doesn't like fade or nething like that. It shouldn't, There is no reason why it should. If you want, you can get that special shampoo for color treated hair. You can get it at the local drugstore and stuff. Like the pantene stuff, that works nice. But yah you shouldn't worry about it washing out or nething. :)
Rogue_Ewok
If it was permanent dye, then you can wash it right away. You cant make the color go away, becuse that color has replaced the old color chemically.
shortiiex
wait at least a day
but after the person dyes your hair, they always wash it for you....so why can't you just wash it since it has already been washed
lilliannnn
A day.
Atobe_Keigo
Ack! I washed it right after because they washed it for me! (>__<)
miss barnes
do it whenever you feel like it..
beyond_redemption
Why would you need to wait?

I got my done saturday and then she washed it and cut it, so...this IS a pretty dumb question. Are you sure you got it done pro.?
ichiban
Eh, I washed it the day I got it dyed. Nothing happened.. i dunno.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.