Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I wanna dye my hair purple
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
craziie_dorrk
i want to dye my hair a purple black color so that it's almost black but is still like purple-ish. does that make sense? anyway, i just can't seem to find the dye anywhere! is there a certain name for that color, and where can i find it?

my hair is kind of a dark brownish reddish color, and i've dyed it before so is it possible to get the color i want?

thanks.
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
I think I saw a deep purple color by Clairol's. I'm not sure tho. I think there's different names for it tho but you can just look for the color. That's a nice color to dye your hair. _smile.gif
shortiiex
there is a korean dye that you can buy
http://www.somangcos.com/brands/flower/hcolor_ssaikey.html
or
http://www.somangcos.com/brands/flower/hcolor_clinic.html
there are 2 types
Clinic Haircolor and Ssaikey Acid Haircolor
both of them has purple
make SURE it DOES NOT say Crystal..it just means to make your hair clear[shiny]
but these are acid...so they will stain your skin..at least they come with a remover
aera
i saw a purple dye at rite aid before, but i don't think it was blackish purple.
mishyerr
If your hair is naturally dark, the purple hair dye will come out blackish-purple.

I suggest you bleaching it blonde first and than using any sort of 'plum/violet/purple' hairdye.. ^__^
lilliannnn
My mom did it before. It was called eggplant or something. I don't remember the brand, though.
blubpancake99
there's one called chilled plum by loreal but im not sure if that'll come out the color you want it to. maybe since your hair is dark... anyway, that's an awesome color to dye your hair.
Funkadelic.Kiss
Loreal Color Pulse Moose in 'Chill Plum' or 'Purple Groove'
wash out in a 8-10 shampoos. so if you dont like it dont sweat _smile.gif
pyrochick19770
I dunno if you guys remember my purple hair...
but I used Manic Panic in Ultra Violet.
cheerbee07
QUOTE(Funkadelic.Kiss @ Aug 23 2005, 12:39 AM)
Loreal Color Pulse Moose in 'Chill Plum' or 'Purple Groove'
wash out in a 8-10 shampoos. so if you dont like it dont sweat _smile.gif

yea...but be careful to read the instructions..i used the "electric black" color pulse stuff and it turned my hair purple. which was actually quite awesome. haha. but then again i'm blonde (the haircolor, not the mentality) so who knows. blink.gif
hiromi
You can always use purple coating... but I dunno o_o
Funkadelic.Kiss
QUOTE(pyrochick19770 @ Aug 22 2005, 9:41 PM)
I dunno if you guys remember my purple hair...
but I used Manic Panic in Ultra Violet.

i loved your purple hair it was so nice _smile.gif.
i liked that purple in your hair it matched & looked good thumbsup.gif
miss barnes
you should go to a beauty supply store..ya know the ones black people get weave && other stuff at...not sallys
Kounouri
if your hair is a red colour and you can't find the purple you're looking for, try finding a blue-black dye that is so common, maybe if you hair is light enough it will be more purple .. i had my hair the colour you're asking, it was dyed red before, and i used the mousse from l'oreal like people have suggested. it turned out a nice purple-black, but it only lasts a couple washes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.