Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eminem VS. Paul Wall
Forums > Community Center > Music
KINGP.I.M.P.
I like both but i think eminem is way better.
CrookedCriticism
why would you compare these two rappers when their styles are completely different? Is it because they're white? but I would choose eminem because paul wall always raps about the same stuff.
blucheri
who da.... is Paul Wall. NVM. i don't even wanna know. All hands down....EMINEM.
short_stop08
I like Paul Wall better.
shortiiex
i like Eminem cause he raps meaningful songs
dahding
never heard of paul wall. so...i guess eminem.
Im So Vain
QUOTE(blucheri @ Aug 19 2005, 8:58 PM)
who da.... is Paul Wall.  NVM.  i don't even wanna know.  All hands down....EMINEM.

He's the white guy who was in the Still Tippin video with Mike Jones. And he made "Sideways".

I like Pauk Wall better, Eminem's songs annoy me. I also like the song Paul Wall did with Frayser Boy "I Got That Dink".
xx_Fashionista_xx
It shames me to find out how many people don't know how bad Eminem sucks.... Paul Wall by an landslide. His songs are better, adn he makes grills!
Im So Vain
QUOTE(xx_Fashionista_xx @ Aug 22 2005, 2:33 PM)
It shames me to find out how many people don't know how bad Eminem sucks.... Paul Wall by an landslide. His songs are better, adn he makes grills!

Yay someone who agrees with me.
emazing
Eminem. Who's Paul Wall?
Apparently, I don't listen to rap much anymore these days.
I'm interested in R&B/hip-hop now. ;)
jnukes
^ ummm hip-hop = rap ..
incoherent
i dont like rap...but i used to listen to eminem a lot so ill just pick him.
hall0w
eminem
i duno the other guy blink.gif
Funkadelic.Kiss
so who the hell is paul wall.
eminem all the way. dammit is so sexy. thumbsup.gif
RiC3xBoy
Thought it said Paul Walker....Ill pick Paul Wall cause his name sounds funny.
nightmare4taki
I say Eminem. I've heard of Paul Wall on the underground level for quite some time now, like everysince I was in middle school. For some reason this Houston Rap is starting to take off.

Paul Wall can actually freestyle and his new song is okay to listen to. But as far as my opinion Paul Wall doesn't have near the lyrical depth that Eminem has.
misoshiru
eminem since i dont know the other guy.
miss barnes
their styles are different..so its not really a comparison other than the color of their skin
5ayuri
Eminem, I don't like Paul Wall as much.
K1D
QUOTE(xx_Fashionista_xx @ Aug 22 2005, 5:33 PM)

me eminem bashs people to much. paul wall is better.
jnukes
wow . how can people even pick paul wall over eminem . have you guys actually heard eminem when he's spittin for reals ?

check paul wall's first verse

i will bold all his rhymes
italicize impressive lines.

sittin sideways
Swisha house, Big Pokey and Paul Wall Baby
It's the people's champ, I'm something like a bawla
the candy paint drippin off of the ol' school Impala
I'm wit that big bank hank that poppi Joe and box
trunk bump like chicken pox, turn the bass up just a notch
you see them blades choppin, you see that trunk poppin
ho's that diss me in the club the same ho's in the parking lot boppin
they see me in the Jag, actin bad wit T Ferris
open mouth and showcase ice, and you gon see about twenty carrats
I'm what they do you on 5-9 double O
in the taho on twenty-fo's, I'm the truth I got that glow
I'm out that swisha house wit Archie Lee and Couda Bang
sittin sidewayz on swang and the candy paint drippin off the frame
you see me actin bad I'm showin out and pullin stunts
say cheese and show my fronts, it's mo' carrats then Bugs Bunny's lunch
I got a cup full of that oil, and I'm paid
plus I'm sittin side ways

ehh ..

okay here's eminem, 2nd verse on renegade. same bold/italicize format

See I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ the King of these Latter Day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that as they paint me as
a monger of hate and Satan a scatter-brained atheist
But that ain't the case, see it's a matter of taste
We as a people decide if Shady's as bad as they say he is
Or is he the latter - a gateway to escape
Media scapegoat, who they can be mad at today
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
in holy water - no wonder they try to hold me under longer
I'm a motherf--kin spiteful, DELIGHTFUL eyeful
The new Ice Cube - motherf--kers HATE to like you
What did I do? (huh?) I'm just a kid from the gutter
makin this butter off these bloodsuckers, cause I'm a muh'fu---in

his whole verse is fire, . hecka rhyming, way better than paul .

it is evident that eminem > paul wall

of course, all my opinion rolleyes.gif =|
gabyisrich
EMINEM FOR SHURE!!!!!! who da hell iz Paul walker well who eva he iz i kno he CANNOT rap hotter then Eminem cuz eminem iz 1 SEXY AZZ BEEST! *slurp* sorry had spit cuz hez SO SEXY!!!!!! well all ya pplz better lissen to sum paul walker cuz u IZ NOT gunna like him and ARE f**king retarded mad.gif Sittin sidewayz Iz another fuking song by another Artist u dumbasss well 1 thingz for shure U dont lissen to rap! QUOTE(xx_Fashionista_xx @ Aug 22 2005, 5:33 PM)
It shames me to find out how many people don't know how bad Eminem sucks.... Paul Wall by an landslide. His songs are better, adn he makes grills! NEWSFLASH:: EMINEM IZ A WWAAAAAAYYYY BETTER RAPPER THEN WHO EVER DA HELL HE IZ ! well datz all i gotz to say ~1~ ma niggaz! biggrin.gif
iheartjohn
QUOTE(gabyisrich @ Sep 15 2005, 4:48 PM)
EMINEM FOR SHURE!!!!!! who da hell iz Paul walker well who eva he iz i kno he CANNOT rap hotter then Eminem cuz eminem iz 1 SEXY AZZ BEEST! *slurp* sorry had spit cuz hez SO SEXY!!!!!! well all ya pplz better lissen to sum paul walker cuz u IZ NOT gunna like him and ARE f**king retarded mad.gif  Sittin sidewayz Iz another fuking song by another Artist u dumbasss well 1 thingz for shure U  dont lissen to rap!  QUOTE(xx_Fashionista_xx @ Aug 22 2005, 5:33 PM)
It shames me to find out how many people don't know how bad Eminem sucks.... Paul Wall by an landslide. His songs are better, adn he makes grills! NEWSFLASH:: EMINEM IZ  A WWAAAAAAYYYY BETTER RAPPER THEN WHO EVER DA HELL HE IZ ! well datz all i gotz to say ~1~ ma niggaz!  biggrin.gif

Wow....just...wow. o_0

Anyway, I'd have to say Eminem, since I haven't been exposed to Paul Wall. At all.
(w00t. I rhymed.)
mzkandi
Hmm Paul Wall is alright. Meh, I dont know much about him, so Eminem.
AngryBaby
paul wall is no different than alot of other mainstream rappers out there, eminem is at least different. the only reason you compared them is because they are both white. a better comparison would've have been mike jones vs. paul wall. but you didnt do that, because mike jones is black rolleyes.gif Eminem pwns paul wall.
Aoiro
As much as I hate Enimen, I have to say he is way better.
><;;
YourSuperior
Eminem is way cooler. I think Paul Walls a little weird
short_stop08
Eminem is ok but i gotta pick paul wall. he got a better flow.
AngryBaby
not really^
jsmooth4ever
QUOTE(littlebit2006 @ Aug 22 2005, 3:42 PM)
He's the white guy who was in the Still Tippin video with Mike Jones. And he made "Sideways".

I like Pauk Wall better, Eminem's songs annoy me. I also like the song Paul Wall did with Frayser Boy "I Got That Dink".

What ever you do do not ask who mike jones is lol its like the biggest no no ever I like emenim better than paul wall right now because emenim has alot of skill paul wall is ok right now maybe he will truely be the peoples champ someday but not today.
steezahh
PAUL WALL!!! my friends thinks y'alls are weird cause you guys dont know who paul wall is, just watch BET!
mike666
both need to be shot
Ilikeyourhusband
As much as I love Eminem, he isn't a Paul Wall, Eminem is sort of a big celebrity a household name so now he can't rap about things he use to, that weren't mainstrem like my name is, but like some of the real Marshall Mathers stuff, he is starting to sound like a broken record on tracks like that he is just too pop. And Paul Wall couldn't ever be Eminem or become pop as Eminem because he doesn't present himself as a pop personality then a street personality, he is just a rapper, while Eminem is a pop rapper. He just made fun of himself, while Paul is rapping and being real, what I think people want to hear. Paul is on the Houston explostion and Eminem is on the rocket out of here with the Mid West thing, it has almost dissapeared and I think Em has been pop so long he isn't a part of it. Eminem has become this image and it is so face it is almost poser. The old Eminem is better than Paul Wall, skill and rhymes but this image is crap. He is a goofy teeny bopper fansasy. whistling.gif
Levy2k6
i liked paul wall when it was Paul Wall and Chamillionaire..

Chamillionaire is better than Paul Wall but i rather pick them over Eminem..

Eminem's new stuff sucks but i like his old stuff before The Eminem Show.. after that, he's stuff went down..
fameONE
Paul Wall's lyricism appeals to a different audience than Eminem. Paul Wall was never a battle rapper. Rather, a DJ who went to University of Houston and lived in a relatively decent part of Houston and went to a good high school. From DJing and making grills (the oh-so-popular fashion statement gone terribly wrong) in Houston, his street cred rises.

The whole chopped and screwed sound came from the late 'great' DJ Screw himself. Like it or hate it (I have mixed feelings), screw music will soon be a household concept (like crunk). The artists before Paul Wall like Slim Thug, Big Moe, Bun B, and the rest of the Boss Hog Outlawz would get on tracks (while high on cough syrup and weed) and just freestyle about anything. Slow it down, add some panning and a few other effects and you ahve chopped and screwed.

Paul Wall shines over everyone else because:

a) He's white
b) He's the best of the mediocre bunch

Eminem on the other hand, grew up poor, submerged in hiphop and was forced to be the best (so to speak) to even profit off of his own skill. I'm sure as a Communications Major at UH, Paul Wall wouldve been fine finding a job. Eminem's witty rhymes and unique style made him not only, good for a white rapper, but one of the better lyricists of the past 6 years; period.

Support...

Eminem
Its only fair to warn
I was born with a set of horns
and metaphors
attached to my damn umbilical chord
I'm a warlord of rap that'll bash you
with a two by four board
and crash into your Honda Accord
with a four door Ford

Paul Wall
They think I work for Kellogs mouth full of Frosted Flakes
I wreck the mic like if you drivin and lost your brakes
My mouth got ice shattered with princess cuts swollen
I'm the ish like if I had a uncontrollable colon
I'm thoed but you can see me mackin somthings thats chocolate
Sippin' on some lemon squeeze with a cherry on top it
Game damager I take trips up to Canada
So many cars I got more keys than a janitor

They're both talented, but I'd take Em's freestyle over 'Pow Wow's' verse. Not to mention, Em would wreck Paul Wall in a one on one battle. Although, screw is the crunk and Houston is the new Atlanta, thus giving Paul Wall the edge. But f**k that, The Don is about real hiphop.

Eminem > Paul Wall
doork
paul wall is throwed .. but he cant top eminem .. like someone said .. eminem does sing meaningful songs .. and paul wall .. well, he repeats too damn much.
AngryBaby
if paul wall was black, there wouldnt be much a difference between him and some other black mainstream rappers, none at all. if eminem was black, he would still be considered as a great mc, but probably wouldnt have sold as much records hehe.gif.

"lets look at the facts,
if i was black, i wouldnt've sold half//
i didnt have to graduate from linoln highschool to know that//"

remember that? haha

or

When I was underground
No one gave a f**k I was white
No labels wanted to sign me
Almost gave up, I was like "f**k it"
Until I met Dre
The only one who looked past
Gave me a chance
And I lit a fire up under his ass
Helped him get back to the top
Every fan black that I got
Was probably his
In exchange for every white fan that he's got
Like damn we just swapped
Sittin back look at this shit wow
I’m like "My skin, is it startin to work for my benefit now?"
CrookedCriticism
The whole chopped and screwed sound came from the late 'great' DJ Screw himself. Like it or hate it (I have mixed feelings), screw music will soon be a household concept (like crunk). The artists before Paul Wall like Slim Thug, Big Moe, Bun B, and the rest of the Boss Hog Outlawz would get on tracks (while high on cough syrup and weed) and just freestyle about anything. Slow it down, add some panning and a few other effects and you ahve chopped and screwed.

Slim thug and the boss hogg outlawas along with paul walls sorry ass were never on a SCREW tape, they were on gay swisha house micheal watts mix type non talent garbage cds. And dj screw never chopped up a freestyle. Oh, and where did you get the idea that they had to be high to freestyle?... And I might have read this wrong, but if you think bun and big moe were in the boss hog outlawz laugh.gif
fameONE
I'm not a Texan, I just live here. Enlighten me since I didn't get enough out of DJ some at these clubs that played this garbage.
simx
who the hell is Paul Wall???... I like Eminem....
Bridget_rules_4eva
Eminem rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheReasonWhy
i don't even know who Paul Wall is so i prefer Eminem.
EmmalieV
How can you compare Paul Wall to Eminem!

0_______________________________________________________o
Levy2k6
i'd rather have Eminem face another Houston rapper... Eminem stuff is getting to repetitive and old... he'd get beat in a battle i think now.. lol
crzyass145
[size=7]Even tho i am frum tha H (houston 4 all yallz tht dont no) eminem is a hell of a lot fukin better than paul wall. paul got on some good stuf like still tippin or grillz and hiz nu song break em off iz bad azz, eminem got way better shit. i been listenin 2 eminem all my life. so 4 all u eminem haterz out there allz i gotta say is f**k u.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.