Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumbest question ever...
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
x3chrissyx3
So, after I applied my make-up, I happened to lean over the counter top in my bathroom to examine my make-up a little more closely in my mirror. When I did that, my make-up looked a little cakey, but whenever I stand you know at normal distance, it doesn't at all. EVer since that happened I've been paranoid that it looks cakey to other people if it looks that way when I stand close to the mirror. Okay, I know I'm weird because I stood *that* close to the mirror, and no one does that, but is it normal for it to look like that when you stand close to the mirror? ermm.gif

I know I'm the most ridiculous person ever. rolleyes.gif
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
hmmm...im not sure. what do u mean by cakey? like ur eye-liner smudge or something? oh and dont worry. i lean in the mirror too but hey im blind haha biggrin.gif
angelbaby317
I noticed that too! So I'm always wondering. But then again, do you get as close to people's faces as you do in the mirror? I would think thats the only way they would notice.
shortiiex
i always do that everytime i discover something
anyway i think it is suppose to look cakey up close...cause they can never be perfect
[Scr3amin][Horror]
I alway lean close into the mirror lol.
doesnt everyone ermm.gif?

dragyn
Makeup is cakey. If it bugs you that much, then do your makeup while you're that close the the mirror, and do it as best you can. But you should really only worry about how it looks at the distance people usually stand from you.

If you wanna be really technical, you could factor in your vision to try and figure out what you would look like to other people. For instance, I have 20/10 vision which is twice as good as average vision (20/20). Which means that if I stand twice as far away from the mirror as I usually stand away from people, that's how they see me. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I do.
x3chrissyx3
It's true that no one stands all up in your sh*t, but I still get paranoid going to the check out counter in stores or anything fearing that my make-up looks horrible. Ahhh...I need to stop.
lassipiktunn
ok so it looks cakey to you only when u step up closer....
imagine if someone else has better eye sight than you ;)
QT_Pnaii_Angel
ummmm!! cakey!
yummie! hahaha L0L
but yea when my sister
was putting her make-up on
its lyk cakey when shes close in the mirror wacko.gif
codzrox
I don't think its normal, maybe you should tone down on the make-up. lol
mishyerr
Are you using a magnified mirror? B/c if so, don't worry about this "caki-ness."

If it's like that... just smear it a tad more. or you can try getting cream-ish based stuff ^_^
mai_z
It's probably not noticable, unless you're on a photoshoot, makeup isn't meant to looks flawless that close. If you're worried though, I'd say wear less foundation, and something more liquid...
yellowgurl
dont worry about it too much. as long as you dont start asking people does my make up look cakey? because if they do feel that way.. they are gonna comment in their head everytime they see you. if you really are bugged that its cakey just dont wear make up.. but i assure you i usually dont notice if its cakey or not =)
sweetest-emotion
hmm your make up shouldn't look cakey no matter what. if it does, then there maybe some problems:
#1: you put TOO MUCH on. make up should be simple: foundation on pimples, redness, etc. not on whole face. thats for when you're 40. and then light dusting of translucent powder on face.
#2: you have dry skin. if you see like peeling sorta, then its dry skin. exfoliate and mosturize daily.
#3: you're not using the right foundation. if you have oily skin, then use a formula designed for oily skin types. or if you have dry skin (prolly u) then use a tinted mosturizer, or a blendable foundation (i swear by loreal's true match foundation)

hope that helped. if you're young, then less is more since you have that youngin glow. if all else fails, i usually just dust a bronzer powder over my face and it usually hides the small blemishes. oh and don't ask ppl if u're face is cakey, then they will totally notice it. (more then likely they don't even in the first place!)
MeLoNiSyUmMy
QUOTE(x3chrissyx3 @ Aug 14 2005, 5:08 AM)
So, after I applied my make-up, I happened to lean over the counter top in my bathroom to examine my make-up a little more closely in my mirror. When I did that, my make-up looked a little cakey, but whenever I stand you know at normal distance, it doesn't at all. EVer since that happened I've been paranoid that it looks cakey to other people if it looks that way when I stand close to the mirror. Okay, I know I'm weird because I stood *that* close to the mirror, and no one does that, but is it normal for it to look like that when you stand close to the mirror?  ermm.gif

I know I'm the most ridiculous person ever.  rolleyes.gif

its becuase you're wearing too much foundation. you may want to cut back o nit or else people will start calling you "fake."
aznangel4eva
mmm
try puttin on lotion before you put makeup on...
if you don't weat a lot than it should help
happy.gif
..:loveee.NuTTii
That happens to me...I find one little thing 'cause I stand too close to the mirror, and then I freak out. Makeup is cakey so just make sure no one comes too close.
aera
what are the chances that someone would put their face on inch from yours just to see whetheror not your make up is cakey?

maybe you put too much on?
sweet_as_pie13
i got that yesterday. i LOADED concealer on my chin, and from 3 feet away...CAKEY. so i washed it off, put a tiny bit on, and it was UN-CAKEY!

its just when you overload it
5ayuri
HAHA. Yeah, I have done that, bit it's never "cakey."
aznxdreamer
you cant really make makeup not cakey unless you have really good makeup or are really skilled at applying it. but in general, makeup=cakey. try not to wear so much makeup, sometimes people look better not wearing makeup then they do wearing it.
kill me please
ask one of your friends how it looks up close.
pawprints2570
i doubt that people would really look that closely but if you're not sure, then ask a friend or something.
boobooxpp
well, if it looks cakey* mayb it's cuz your putting on too much. try not to apply soo much, just a really light layer. looks more natural :) +it's normal to stand extremely close to the mirror, i do it too xP (but not for makeup =x)+no one looks that close at you unless you gotta bf or something...xP
xXMomoBubbleTeaXx
I think I kno what your talking about sweetie but, then I like don't.. ermm.gif
mzislandpinay
well make up is just stuff on youre face.. thats y i don't wear any.. but if it's "cakey" then don't put as much on..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.