Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoos
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
kaykay410
I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my back..its a girly place and its cute i think, but i dont want to get the typical butterfly. I like butterflies and i think they look good, but almost everyone who gets a tattoo on their lower back gets one....
so i was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what a good lower back tattoo would be....
jeSs1cA
Some people get those designs on their lower back like these:

This one happens to be of my sisters friend.

lKVNiiKINKYl
dunno but make it meaninful to you
im getting the words faith, respect, unity, love in chinese on my lower back cause they all represent something and someone in my life thats importnat :)
XtasyHigh
erm... a heart? pinch.gif
Chii
QUOTE(Lo Mein @ Aug 10 2005, 12:51 PM)
dunno but make it meaninful to you

yeah...tattoos are supposed to mean something, they're not supposed to just be there to look good.

if i ever have the courage to get one, i'm going to get the chinese symbols for "rare beauty" (because that's what my chinese name means) inside a heart which symbolizes my mom because she gave me that name.
shortiiex
i like the swirly symmertical lines on the lower back
or you can get a small cute tattoo on your back shoulder
you can get a chinese word...for love, happiness.etc
bbyunique
I would get something meaningful or symbolic to me. Otherwise I would never get a tatoo.
Comptine
the people who just get a tattoo and get just an design at the parlor end up regretting it nearly 99% of the time. make it meaningful.
lKVNiiKINKYl
QUOTE(chii @ Aug 10 2005, 2:43 PM)
yeah...tattoos are supposed to mean something, they're not supposed to just be there to look good.

if i ever have the courage to get one, i'm going to get the chinese symbols for "rare beauty" (because that's what my chinese name means) inside a heart which symbolizes my mom because she gave me that name.

aww thats so cuteee =) see mines not as good as hers -_-
Chii
QUOTE(Lo Mein @ Aug 10 2005, 10:40 PM)
aww thats so cuteee =) see mines not as good as hers -_-

blush.gif
just because it's all cute and stuff doesn't mean that your idea isn't. all that matters is that it means something to you.
Im So Vain
If you really really like butterflies then you should get that. Or maybe stars or something its kind of hard though to give advice to someone who I know nothing about. But get something that represents you.
EmmalieV
Well , my boyfriends getting my initial on his arm in chinese , and im getting his initial on my ankle.
Rogue_Ewok
Well , my boyfriends getting my initial on his arm in chinese , and im getting his initial on my ankle.

What happens if you break up with him???

This is mine, its a bit larger than the usual lower back tattoo... but it means a lot to me.
yellowgurl
QUOTE(chii @ Aug 10 2005, 11:43 AM)

*thinks thoughtfully.* what is rare beauty in chinese? okay.. well back to the topic.. i agree with chii (srry i dont know your name ) it should mean something. you could always get just line designs?
BrokenDream
get something you care about. like, for example, my Mom's friend might get a tatto of her daughters name in Hawaii.

I want a tatto when I'm older. but it hurts, don't it!?
ktsou11
my friend had one of those hawaiin print thingies around his arm. unless that was fake, then yea.
mishyerr
Actually, I think a butterfly would still be absolutely beautiful! You can go to a place that does 'original designs' meaning they create their own original for each person ^_^ And I'm sure they can make a unique, gorgeous butterfly that would look great on your lower back. :D I like butterflies.
takingbacksandy
i wanted a barcode on my neck and 'made in china' on my ass.
Chii
QUOTE(Rogue_Ewok @ Aug 11 2005, 12:44 AM)
What happens if you break up with him???
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/spikeslady/000_0960.jpg[/]
This is mine, its a bit larger than the usual lower back tattoo... but it means a lot to me.

exactly...that's why you're never supposed to scar yourself with someone else's name...
but if you do go through with it, i hope that you two get the right characters... ermm.gif

so many people who can't read chinese get chinese symbol tattoos and end up finding out that it doesn't mean what they thought it meant.
oooitzsharon
a hibiscus w/ some kind of tribal design on the sides would be nice. or maybe my tattoo will inspire you. :D (take a look @ my icon).
StanleyThePanda
I wouldnt ask for what you should get, think something up.
If you are good at design or if you know someone who is, get them to draw something up for you, that way it'll be original and you will be the only one with a tattoo like that.
This Confession
idk for some reason a line of flowers came to mind
i think if i ever got a tatoo i would want it like near my hip bone
but don't get a tatoo on your bone
it will hurt .
think of something original
something that you really really like.

haha
but im never getting one
that whole needle thing
PrincessAda
A fairy!
Kathleen
I'm getting this on my upper back today; I shall post pictures later:

lalalaLANUH
^That's really cool Kathleen.
I wish I had the balls to go to a tattoo parlor behing my mom's back.
If all else fails, the classic heart with mom written on it...
Eh, no. Ok, I'll shut up now.
AngelinaTaylor
I'm getting a dragon on my back (I think on the right, near the arm) because it's a symbol of power and mystery. I love it. Try to find a meaning for your tattoo. Once you get it, there's no turning back. Think it through. I'm actually considering to wait a few more months to see if I'll change my mind.
xBUTTMUNCHx
I'll get a dragon, cause my dad has one, and i was born the year of the dragon....and the number 6 possibly entwined with the dragon....ermmm cause six is my fav #. hehehehe
shortnsweet88
My friend got the lower back tatoo it was like leaves or vines or something...looked kinda pretty. There are tons and tons of other options other than butterflies even though if you are simply doing this for decor butterflies are absolutely beautiful! You can get the symmetrical swirls and you can get like flames or a word or whatever.

My friend hollie also got one in between her shoulder blades and it says

"make yourself..."

I thought that was soo pretty.
swishersweet
ummz how about u get a target? lawl...
faysiiee-x
Im going to get a ribbon just below my bellly buttton. LOL
elaboratedream
whatever tattoo you get, it should have meaning to you. Don't just get one because you think its cool or pretty or whatever.

a few weeks before my ex gf turned 18, her best friend died in a car crash, so she got a tattoo in memory of her on her lower back that said HXC (hardcore) and her friend's birth and death years beneath it.

Once I turn 18, I'm getting a tattoo of a moon on my wrist sort of like my aunt's. I'll be moving in with her then and she said the first thing she's taking me to do is get a tattoo, so I decided I'm getting one that will always remind me of her.
vampiresugarjunkie_
just get something sentimental. or something that means something to you i guess.
maybe if you have a friend who is a good artist you could get them to draw something for you.

just never anything that could end. like your boyfriends name or some shit like that.

i, driven by spontaneity got a tattoo on my hip because i didn't have anything else to do. and there was some chick in the parlor at the time and she helped me decide on a star.
yeah it's not that sentimental or anything but i don't think i'd regret it when i'm older , i don't really care.
i also have my star sign behind my left ear because i adore astrology.

i'm planning on getting more, i'm just waiting until i think of something.
EmoEyelinerx
QUOTE(GhEtTo_DuChEsS @ Apr 6 2007, 8:48 PM) *
I'll get a dragon, cause my dad has one, and i was born the year of the dragon....and the number 6 possibly entwined with the dragon....ermmm cause six is my fav #. hehehehe

Hey mine to lol
megggnasty
Don't get a tattoo just to have one. Think of people or things in your life, what you want in life, your future, etc. and find pictures or words to represent them. I think that's a good start!
pocketmilk
wings of course,
or some random abstract design that leans into a heart.
whatever you do just please stay away from the butterflies
i'm sick of seeing them everytime someone bends down ^.^
stephinika
Whatever you get, just get something that really means something important to you. Don't forget, tattoo's are forever. Take time to think it over.
mytangerine
ok wow. tatoos are supposed to mean something to you. you're not supposed to get one 'just for kicks'. you're freaking STUCK WITH IT for the rest of your life. in my personal opinion; you shouldn't be asking what others think is "cute to get" just cuz you decided you want one. _dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.