Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: john legends third single - so high
Forums > Community Center > Music
basick
HOLLYWOOD — John Legend's next single, "So High," has already won a very special place in many people's hearts, and it hasn't even been released yet.

"A lot of people are using it for their weddings," the singer explained with a huge smile.

Joining the ranks of wedding-dance favorites like Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" is a huge honor for Legend, given that he set out for "So High" to be the perfect love song.

"It's talking about love supreme," he said. "Love on the spiritual level, love that is beautiful, love I'm aspiring to."

"'So High' istalking about love supreme. Love on the spiritual level, love that is beautiful, love I'm aspiring to."

In the video for the song — which Legend recently shot with Diane Martel (Jennifer Lopez's "Get Right," Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You") — it's not exactly love he's aspiring to, but rather a little action with the flight attendant on his airplane.

In the conceptual performance clip, Legend fantasizes about being with the woman on the wing of the plane, surrounded by surreal imagery, according to a source at Legend's record label. The single and video, which follow on the heels of Get Lifted's "Ordinary People" and "Used to Love U" (see "John Legend Works On Living Up To His Own Name"), are expected to hit outlets in early August.

In the meantime, Legend continues to tour with Lyfe Jennings, Common and De La Soul (or various combinations of the three), including Tuesday's show in his home town of Springfield, Ohio, which marked the inaugural performance at the Veteran's Park Amphitheater.

Legend also has a fall tour in the works, teaming up with Common and label boss, Kanye West. "There will be a Good Music Tour in the fall, probably October/ November," the singer confirmed.

West's protégé will also be attending the MTV Video Music Awards on August 28, where he's nominated for Best New Artist, Best Male Video and Best R&B Video. Whether or not he wins, Legend is hoping to be a little more comfortable than at the recent BET Awards, where he won Best New Artist (see "Destiny's Child Give Lap Dances, Fugees End Feud At BET Awards").

"I was nervous, man — you could tell," he said. "I'm usually cool on talking in front of people. I perform in front of people every day, but I was just a little nervous. It was something different for me. I've never won an award before. I didn't have a speech really written, so I just went up there and said what was on my mind at the moment, and my heart was racing. It's pretty wild."

Catch all the sizzlin', star-packed VMA action direct from Miami on August 28. MTV News' preshow kicks things off at 6 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the big show at 8 p.m.

Vote for the Viewer's Choice Award, see a timeline of MTV Video Music Awards history and more at our VMA Web site.

Check out red carpet highlights, backstage reports and all our VMA news in the VMA news archive.

— Corey Moss

great song
xquizit
Yes, it's a nice song but there are songs on the album I would have preferred to have released as a single. Actually, "So High" is one of the songs I skip over on the album. mellow.gif
Im So Vain
Its actually his 4th not 3rd single, but I love it. For some reason it makes me wanna cry when I hear it. But anyways it is a very beautiful love song.
miss barnes
the thing about the song irritates me about that song it when he's like "you got me up so high my shoes are scraping the sky" or something like that. if you were up so high wouldnt your head scrape..not ur feet? maybe i'm wrong but w/e
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.