Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who influenced Hip Hop the most
Forums > Community Center > Music
lilkrunkgurl
Me as myself i think 2pac influenced it the most because he was intelligent and a poet, and he made songs for old folks, young folks, small kids, big kids, etc. And he was an actor. He did it all in a thugged out intelligent kind of way.
xchrystizzle
happy.gif i agree - and his songs werent all about being a pimp or whatever, like many of the rappers these days _dry.gif
basick
rakim aka your favorite rapper's favorite rapper
R-Mac
QUOTE(xchrystizzle @ Jul 24 2005, 10:01 PM)
happy.gif  i agree - and his songs werent all about being a pimp or whatever, like many of the rappers these days   _dry.gif

2Pac - I Get Around

I'd have to go with Run DMC here...pretty much pioneered rapping and wow, were they great, broke boundaries when they did a song with Aerosmith too. Awesome guys.

By the way, Kool and the Gang were a funk band. Little to no involvement with hip-hop.
danielle_x3
QUOTE(R-Mac @ Jul 25 2005, 11:52 AM)
I'd have to go with Run DMC here...pretty much pioneered rapping and wow, were they great, broke boundaries when they did a song with Aerosmith too.  Awesome guys.

Yes, I chose Run DMC
katssso
TUPAC
ghjgfkgfk
jason61992
lilkrunkgurl
QUOTE(airam @ Jul 25 2005, 1:01 PM)
jason61992

iz that a hip hop group or something cuz i never heard of it?
basick
QUOTE(lilkrunkgurl @ Jul 25 2005, 12:36 PM)
iz that a hip hop group or something cuz i never heard of it?

hahahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif look around entertainment and youll see
xquizit
Run DMC. They paved the way for Hip-hop and helped it to appeal to a bigger audience especially with the collabo with Aerosmith.

And Rakim introduced more creative lyrics and wordplay into emceeing. Like Steven said, he's mostly every rapper's favorite rapper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.