Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breakin Songs
Forums > Community Center > Music
xquizit
Ok, so I'm getting breakdance and hip-hop dance lessons and I need a playlist to get me in vibe and perhaps music to practice to with my instructor. Not so sure if he's bringing his own music but I figured it would be nice to impress him with my own selection.

So I'm looking for some hip-hop music with nice mid to uptempo beats. So far I've got a lot of Eric B. & Rakim and songs produced by the Neptunes and Timbaland and a few others but I'm all out of ideas.

Help?
shortiiex
look at the You Got Served soundtrack..since the movie has some nice moves and songs
xquizit
QUOTE(Shortiiex @ Jul 19 2005, 6:14 PM)
look at the You Got Served soundtrack..since the movie has some nice moves and songs

oh, good idea. thanks.
jnukes
yes yes yes -- You Got Served songs happy.gif ..

hmm .. 'supreme supreme 'off kweli's 'the beautiful mixtape vol 2 ' is pretty upbeat ..
technicolour
Damn! I was going to say You got Served. Hm.

For some reason the Michael Jackson -Thriller comes to mind. God help me. I have no clue why.
iheartjohn
Vin Diesel did a how-to-breakdance video. [/end random fact]

How about She Wants To Move by N.E.R.D and On & On by Missy Elliot?
The-Mach-Hare
roxy's gonna bust out the moves, baby.[/spam]

sorry, i dont know of any.
angel-roh
well.... I don't know if this songs suits you.

But...

DJ Dizzy - Love (Breakbeat mix)

very nice for breakdance song.
heyyfrankie
what about SALT N PEPA - PUSH IT? _unsure.gif it has a really good beat, IMO.

click -> http://frankie.cbstaff.com/music/saltnpepa-pushit.mp3

the beginning isn't really that good, but you could always cut the music. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.