Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chest
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
super_grover08
um i have slight man boobs and i wanna get rid of them so bad, so i started going to the gym and did a lot of chest excersises. and my sister is a kynesioligist(sp), which is like a physical therapist. and she said the more u work ur chest the bigger ur man boobs r gonna get cause im putting muscle behing em which makes em look bigger. does any1 have any clue on how to get rid of man boobs.
CrookedCriticism
QUOTE(super_grover08 @ Jul 18 2005, 9:18 PM)
um i have slight man boobs and i wanna get rid of them so bad, so i started going to the gym and did a lot of chest excersises. and my sister is a kynesioligist(sp), which is like a physical therapist. and she said the more u work ur chest the bigger ur man boobs r gonna get cause im putting muscle behing em which makes em look bigger.  does any1 have any clue on how to get rid of man boobs.

you have to reduce your bodyfat percentage by dieting and doing some cardio.
super_grover08
^there not that big
mai_z
Wear a bra......I'm just kidding. You need to work off the fat without building up the muscle. Basically....do cardio. (there's nothing wrong with moobs.....sometimes rather attractive actually)
super_grover08
^that makes me feel alot better
Latina Babii
QUOTE(mai_z @ Jul 18 2005, 9:40 PM)
Wear a bra......I'm just kidding. You need to work off the fat without building up the muscle. Basically....do cardio. (there's nothing wrong with moobs.....sometimes rather attractive actually)

I found the wearing a bra funny hehe anyway just excerisize ubut no to much annd watch your fat intake (As in foods what else lmoa)
anubis
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH

STOP working your chest!!!!!!!

like your sister said, the more you work your chest out, the bigger they're gonna get!!!

RUN!!!!!

RUN LIKE FORREST GUMP!

that's what i do. every day. and if you're doing it enough---your body fat will dimish slowly<---keyword and they'll get smaller happy.gif

conditioning is better than regular jogging though.

it's where you like slowjog/walk for maybea minute---then sprint almost as fast as you can for 30 seconds-1minute. and then you repeat. like for at least half an hour or so.

EVERY DAY.

biggrin.gif
demolished
Stop working on that area. When you stop, the muscle shrinks.
iheartjohn
You want to get rid of them or do you want to turn them into pecs?

To get rid of them completely, I suggest you do cardio workouts, like running and jumping rope to burn the fat off.

To transform them in to pectoral muscles, I suggest weight lifting.
mai_z
I'm sorry for making you feel bad :flower: I was trying to be helpful!! Cardio is the only way you're gonna work it off because building up the muscle will make you have pecs....lik Vin Diesel
Bobblehead425
QUOTE(mai_z @ Jul 21 2005, 3:19 PM)
I'm sorry for making you feel bad :flower:  I was trying to be helpful!! Cardio is the only way you're gonna work it off because building up the muscle will make you have pecs....lik Vin Diesel

"lik Vin Diesel"

lol in the pacifier the little girl thought he had boobs laugh.gif

ok. my advice-
like everyones said: cardio workout

swimming is a really good one. i swim.

try making the length of your pool in one length. i normally do that 3 times a day.

or just swim taking just a number of breaths each time. start high, though. say 8 breaths, then 7, then 6, ect...

hope it helps happy.gif
aeyungg xd
ultimate panacea: RUNNING.
FlipsieDoodles
actually if you work the entire upper body and get muscle on your chest as well as your stomach and such you hav nothing to worry about.
but if you wanna be real cardio is the best thing, bikes, running, maybe even time in the local gym's sauna can help
gOODpIRATE
i would do cardio (like running) and work on using the machines at the gym to work out your chest. because your sister is probably right, if you gain muscle with out buring off all the fat on top, then they are going to look bigger
DrSMooTH
don't sweat the small stuff. does it really matter if you have man boobs? if they're really small don't worry about them.
Trolling
Start doing more cardio and more chest workouts... Dont do them that fast. Like if you lose weight really fast the man boobs will remain. Do some pushups chest flys pull ups or go swimining that helps
KevinJ
I used to have man boobs. You're lucky that yours aren't big. But I guess you probably still have an issue with things like taking your shirt off?

Check out my blog for more info:
http://getridofmanboobs.blogspot.com

Kev.
KissMe2408
=MOVED TO HEALTH=

You need to lower your overall body fat.
but adding weights won't make them bigger in a bad way.
building up the muscle there will cause the actual fat to go away more.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Wow, this topic came back after a year and half. I'm sure he's dealt with his "issue". If not, maybe he has gynecomastia ohmy.gif
Laughsalot
u mean you don't want any abs or nothin? cuz there's nothing work with muscle moobs. but yeah if it's fat moobs than you should get rid of it.
synthase
run.run.run
join track?
or at this time of year..indoor track?
biking is nice too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.