Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jay-Z's nephew killed
Forums > Community Center > Music
*B5'zMami4Lyphe*
Colleek D. Luckie, the nephew of Def Jam President Jay-Z, has died tragically from injuries sustained in an auto accident occurring on Route 220 in Pennsylvania, representatives from Def Jam confirmed.

According to sources, Colleek was traveling with friend Roscoe G. Neely, 20, of Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday (June 2 when Neely-who was driving-drifted across the centerline and struck a tractor-trailer head-on.

After the collision, the vehicle-a 2005 Chrysler 300-purportedly struck a telephone pole and traveled some 300 feet through a field.

Sadly, Colleek, who was wearing a seat belt, was killed. Neely sustained a minor injury and was taken to a local hospital.

Through the years, Jay-Z has made numerous references to his nephew in his songs like "Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)" from The Blueprint.

It's been reported that the vehicle involved in the accident was purchased by Jay for the 18 year-old Colleek as a graduation present.

In the past, Jay-Z said emotionally, his nephews represent something greater than his sister's offspring.

"I carry my nephews like my sons, always have and they have filled that void for me," Jay-Z has stated in published reports.

I didn't knoe this until now.

If sumone already made this topic, feel free to tell me now.
Eryi
I've never seen his Nephew before. Didn't even know he had one.
But it's sad to hear that though. If people felt sad for every death, might as well feel sad for the rest of their lives.
Teesa
Aw..how tragic! sad.gif Hm..I wonder how the car drifted off like that.

This belongs in the Entertainment Forum.
tweeak
moved to entertainment
basick
yeah i heard about this like last week

RIP
[Deep]Thought63
cry.gif How tragic. RIP.
PinkTrash
pinch.gif I didn't know anything about Jay-z's newphew.. never knew he had one either. But, thats still sad. RIP.
miss barnes
ohh damn thats really sad. i bet he's going through some shit right now
EXPLO5ION
Thats very sad to hear.
enyceXaddiction
why is so many people dyeing!?!?!
beambitious
awwww! may he r.i.p.
[Scr3amin][Horror]
Well I never heard about Jay-Z nephew...
But RIP sad.gif
lKVNiiKINKYl
That's really sad...
Chii
QUOTE(miss barnes @ Jul 8 2005, 4:40 PM)
ohh damn thats really sad. i bet he's going through some shit right now

yeah especially since jay-z was the one who bought him the car... ermm.gif

that's horrible...
mickybeans
that's pretty sad, we all must have to keep in mind that things happen day in and day out. *sighs, another person for us to mourn for. rest in peace.
*B5'zMami4Lyphe*
No wonder why Jay-Z wasn't at the BET Awards.
acidophilus
What makes this sadder than any other person dying? Because he's famous? Psh.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
^ ... riiight.

thats sad. my condolences go to jay-z and his family.
R.I.P
The-Mach-Hare
id seriously have to agree with the whole being famous thing. nobody would have cared if he wasnt famous. r.i.p. and prayers to his family anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.