Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mariah Carey and "Brown Monkeys"
Forums > Community Center > Music
ShEraBaRoO
i dont know if there is another topic like this and if there is, feel free to close or even delete this topic becuz ive already gotten in some trouble with the createblog staff....

anyways... my friend told me that Mariah Carey has a thing against filippinos and i dont know if thats true or where my friend got that information from but she told me all that right before i got mariah's new album "The Emancipation of Mimi"

if i remembered correctly, she calls them "brown monkeys" and all this gets me really upset becuz im a filippino pinch.gif

and nevertheless, i still got her cd.
dahding
errr..i highly doubt that..

1. i don't think she'd be making racist remarks like that, and besides, it'd be on the news, cause it'd be badd.
2. what song?
3. maybe it's taken out of context?
4. she doesn't seem like the person to be racist... _unsure.gif
ShEraBaRoO
what do you mean by "what song"...?

i cant remember where my friend got this info from but she also told me that there was an incident where, right before she started one of her concerts, she called out to the audience that "if there are any brown monkeys out there, they should all leave"
Saeglopur
You seriously should have read the link I linked. stubborn.gif

Read this:

Does Mariah hate Asians? As an Asian-American, when people find out that I?m a Mariah fan, they tell me that Mariah is racist against Asians. Is this just a rumor or did something happen in the past that I didn?t know about the leads people to believe Mariah is prejudice to Asians?

As a multi-racial person, Mariah has received criticism and prejudice in her life for her own racial background, so it?s absurd to think that she would be racist against any group of people. However, there is a reason some people believe Mariah is prejudice to Asians. In 2000, a certain tabloid published an article saying that Mariah called Asian singer Regine Valesquez ?a brown monkey who can?t sing? in an interview she supposedly did with MTV personality Donita Rose. However, not only have Mariah?s representatives denied these claims, but Donita herself expressed her disappointment over the whole ordeal. "I am saddened that I have been chosen to be implicated in this sorry affair," she told The Philippine Star. "The said article claims that international superstar Mariah Carey made a derogatory remark when asked to comment on our own Regine Velasquez during an interview I supposedly conducted for MTV Asia. This alleged interview never took place except in the fertile minds of people who have not bothered to check their facts and made me an unwitting party to a distressing situation," she explained. "Not having been present during the said 'interview', I have no comments to make on what was or was not said by Ms. Carey," stressed Donita. So in conclusion, Mariah absolutely does not hate the Asian race. In fact, she?s quite intrigued by them and loves touring Asia and part-taking in its culture!
sw33t_rouge
mariah carey..NEVER.
ShEraBaRoO
QUOTE(Days Nearly Over @ Jul 6 2005, 11:04 PM)
You seriously should have read the link I linked. stubborn.gif

Read this:

Does Mariah hate Asians? As an Asian-American, when people find out that I?m a Mariah fan, they tell me that Mariah is racist against Asians. Is this just a rumor or did something happen in the past that I didn?t know about the leads people to believe Mariah is prejudice to Asians?

As a multi-racial person, Mariah has received criticism and prejudice in her life for her own racial background, so it?s absurd to think that she would be racist against any group of people. However, there is a reason some people believe Mariah is prejudice to Asians. In 2000, a certain tabloid published an article saying that Mariah called Asian singer Regine Valesquez ?a brown monkey who can?t sing? in an interview she supposedly did with MTV personality Donita Rose. However, not only have Mariah?s representatives denied these claims, but Donita herself expressed her disappointment over the whole ordeal. "I am saddened that I have been chosen to be implicated in this sorry affair," she told The Philippine Star. "The said article claims that international superstar Mariah Carey made a derogatory remark when asked to comment on our own Regine Velasquez during an interview I supposedly conducted for MTV Asia. This alleged interview never took place except in the fertile minds of people who have not bothered to check their facts and made me an unwitting party to a distressing situation," she explained. "Not having been present during the said 'interview', I have no comments to make on what was or was not said by Ms. Carey," stressed Donita. So in conclusion, Mariah absolutely does not hate the Asian race. In fact, she?s quite intrigued by them and loves touring Asia and part-taking in its culture!

well... my bad stubborn.gif
just kidding happy.gif thanks for the insight.

this makes me feel a whole lot better
Looow
Yeah there is a topic similar. About her hating asians and whatnot. I highly doubt it. Will she tell it to the public? I mean she would loose so many fans.

Rumors.
laxumaster8
yeah, all this posting about mariah carey against certain people is really stupid, and a waste of time...its all rumors, or just something to write about...dont believe it...those topics are wortheless stubborn.gif
Saeglopur
I hate Filipinos too! :growl: whistling.gif

< filipino
ShEraBaRoO
thanks, now i have something to tell my friend

you can close this topic now
xquizit
Topic Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.