Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dying hair. colors??
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Pages: 1, 2
littlelady7
okay so i did make a topic before, but i never really knew which one was the best and i was totally stupid i didnt make a poll instead of just a thread. well...

im asian, dark dark brown hair. i do have gold/brown highlights already, but theyre growing out. any other colors??
aznhunnie6o1
Dye it all red, it looks nice and thats what I did. happy.gif
But mine kinda faded out into a brownish red

EDIT
500th post!! yay!! biggrin.gif
inthemudhole
I say blue streaks. _smile.gif
Red dyes don't always turn out very well...
sadolakced acid
streaks blue.

don't get dark blue- it doesn't show well on black.
EmmalieV
Um , just dye your hair all light brown or @ least just 1 colour, you dont want 3 types of color in your hair love.
Eternally_L0st
i voted for red streaks.... which MAY hav been influenced by how much i want red streaks for my hair. heh.

but red fades fast tho, doesnt it?
parallel
QUOTE(Emmaliev @ Jun 30 2005, 7:19 PM)
Um , just dye your hair all light brown or @ least just 1 colour, you dont want 3 types of color in your hair love.

Yah. I agree.

Just don't go all out on your hair.
yupimchuck
QUOTE(Despise @ Jun 30 2005, 9:55 PM)
I say blue streaks. _smile.gif
Red dyes don't always turn out very well...

And red fades very fast.
Id say just dye it all a nice pretty brown.
topsyturvy
GO NATURAL!! whistling.gif
sweetest-emotion
go with teh red highlights, like bright red. first dye it back to your natural color, unless you can just apply over the old streaks, and then go all out with the red streaks. since u got dark hair, go for the stuff for dark hair, i think loreal "chunking" highlight system is great for darker colors. i dunno why, but red streaks on asians look hot. you guys can just pull it off soo good. it'll look gorgeous!
stephinika
go for the lighter brown. unless you really want red...'cause i love red myself but it does fade...trust me, i've tried.
eli5e
every single asian has brown haha ..do something different.. like a little red tint to it.
HelplessCry
dye it all a dark nice blue :D
Looow
QUOTE(eli5e @ Jul 1 2005, 12:53 AM)
every single asian has brown haha ..do something different.. like  a little red tint to it.

A LOT of asians dye their hair red too. it doesn't really matter.
..:loveee.NuTTii
I think a light brown highlight would look nice. I highlighted my hair red and it does fade (like everyone else in the world said it would)
reflection
i would dye my whole hair either dark brown or black and get some highlights in gold, honey, or light brown
Im So Vain
i say go lighter w/the whole head.
Paradox of Life
Get the washable kind of dye (not cheap), so you can have green hair one day and pink hair another day to go with your outfits. And just do a few streaks or something, nothing drastic.

For a permenant look, I'd do dark dark purple (all of it) or if you have black hair, put golden streaks in it (my hair).
shortiiex
lighter brown wub.gif it looks nautral but better
5ayuri
Natural...or if you really want to dye it I would buy the washable dye and see wich color looks best, and if you really like one of the colors do the permanent dye.
eli5e
QUOTE(x uHoH iTs Lo x @ Jul 1 2005, 12:55 PM)
A LOT of asians dye their hair red too. it doesn't really matter.

no not really ..it's mostly brown ..i dont see many red tints ... and im talking about TINTS ...

and my friend has a purple tint done ...its very prettyy ..its black ..but has a purple tint to it.
bbyunique
dont dye it, natural is beautiful. i stopped dyeing my hair. i have been for 6 years, but after that the past two i haven't lol.
Latina Babii
I dyed my hair a redish color, doesn't look good against my naturaly black hair. Blue did much better. ^^
TaintedDesires
If you already have highlights then you really can't do anything else to it except to dye the whole thing. Personally, I'm against asian people highlighting their hair. My friend got her hair highlighted and it turned a really ugly color. Unless you're gonna highlight it maybe 2 shades lighter than your natural hair color, don't high light it. I'd go for the blue streaks after your highlightes have grown out. That's anothing thing with highlights, if you high light your hair, you have to keep it up.
TaintedDesires
sorry i double posted.
PinkTrash
Im asian, and i get my highlights professionally done and they come out pretty good.. if you have dark brown hair its pretty hard to highlight light colours, so if you want it highlighted, just dye your whole headd; it'll turn out like highlights overall =P

as for the colours.. i have red; i think red's pretty in these days for asian hairr. the other colours look too old & tiring..
x0hAyLiE0x
red
xlaydee_v
i dont dye my hair, and my hair is ncie. it would damage it.. and i dont want that. lols. but i have highlighted my hair once.
starlette
I picked other. I think it would be cool if you dyed out the streaks in your hair, and died the back half of your head red or blue. that way its not too drastic like doing the whole head, but when you wear your hair up, people will see it, and when you turn your hea it will show as well. I just think thats cool looking.
sheddingtears
im really into my natural black hair. it got a brownish tint now because of being in the sun. i dont think ill ever really dye my entire hair because of its drying effects.

hair lightening gel is pretty good though.
quinntastic
The beauty about hair is that there are not really any rules. If you don't like something, try something else.
HIMsHeartagram
I guess the famous color is Red.
Angel_Cece
streak it red. it'll look nice.
x0143637x0
leave it natural. it does look best. if you dye your hair too much it will loose its shine and natural beauty. but tell us how it turns out when you do dye it.
ktsou11
hmm, i like red but my friend has this really pretty blonde color. its not like yellow blonde but blondish brown and she's japanese. she looks pretty like that too. i kinda wanted to get that so maybe thats another idea! i'm au naturel
fallen_angel1137
blue streaks around your highlights...i think that'd look cool. :)
danielle_x3
either red streaks or dye your whole hair a lighter brown
ThePrincessofTKD
i think making it lighter brown would look good.
AnnahhbeL
blue is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
turbulent
i say dye it all red
#1distortion
i love dark brown/black hair with red streaks. thats what i have now ^^
army-green-gal
I personally like my hair... I havent ever straightened it, permed it, etc. and its in really good condition! happy.gif I like my hair natural~
elaboratedream
I just got red streaks in my hair a few weeks ago, and red streaks rock!! hehe
SMiLEEFORMEE
red streaks would be cool. dying it one shade lighter.. buttttt natural is best happy.gif
suddenly she
i can't decide between red streaks and blue streaks. blue sounds amazing.

but my hair's red and i love it. it looks like black with a red tint from far away though.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
dye it your natural hair color [im assuming black] and highlight it with lots of dark red. some of my asian/asian haired friends with black hair did that and it looks wonderful.
Winter
I say dye it dark purple. It isn't very obvious but when the sun rays hit your hair, its a lovely colour.
DrSMooTH
just to ask: what's the obssession with dying hair? In some cases, it makes a girl's hair look better, but in others, it looks like its too much and cumbersome. What's the big deal? (i don't mean to offend, i just want to know)
monxcheri
mine's au naturel and i intend to keep it that way
miss barnes
reds look good on asians IMO..at least the ones i've seen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.