Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do you tell a boy..
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
littlelady7
YOU LOVE THEM
i mean, do you just go up to them and say 'i love you'...? and walk away? i mean, people are always telling me that i should tell him i love him.. but how? i would kinda be freaked if a boy came up to me and told me 'hey i love you.'
YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
just say no. YES YES i know. but before you say that, it would hurt their feelings. someone DID say boys have feelings. what would you do? some people just walk away and say no. but i cant do that.
BREAK UP
i usually do them online. because there aren't any 'awkward silences'.. but to break up with them face-to-face... what would u say? probably somethin like... hey this isnt working out do u just want to be friends?? and he say yes blah blah and do you just walk away? idk...
CrazayChristian
1. Breaking up any way other than face to face is just not...right.

2.Here:

YOU LOVE THEM
Well, yes, there is always some akward thing about expressing yourself. I guess I never really thought about a girl saying this to a guy. Here is my advice:

Don't look like you're nervous, even if the guy doesn't like you, acting like you can't handle it just makes the situation more akward.
Know who you're talking to, there is no "one way" to tell every guy you love them. However, if you know him well enough, you should be able to plan what to say. If you can't then ask him questions like "What would you do if..." and if you make it sound like a sincere not-drilling-you-for-info question, then he will probbly give you an honest answer.

YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
Yes, this one bugs me aswell. There isn't much you can say without him thinking you're lying to him unless you tell him the truth. If you say something like "It's not the right time" "I can't, I'm just not ready" ect. then you will be thought of as a liar. Why? because you damn well sound like you're lying. Why? because you are.
How do you avoid this? Be honest, "I just don't like you that way", guys will sense/suspect a lie if you don't tell them the truth. Excuses will just be your undoing.

BREAK UP

This one is actually easy:

"I don't think this relationship is right, and I decided we need to break up. Otherwise, it would just be bad for the both of us." Something along those lines.
Look, if you KNOW that the relationshop isn't what you want, and you KNOW you want to break up. Then it's best for the both of you to just break it up. Tell him that.

Hope I helped ^_-
stephinika
YOU LOVE THEM
well i wouldn't really 'love' them unless i was really close to them or going out with them for awhile probably...if you mean just 'like' then it would depend on the guy and how well i knew him. when i was a freshman haha i wrote it in a note... tongue.gif when i got older, i would just take that person aside and just talk to them and somehow slip it in...i don't know. haha

YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
well, i would just explain it to them nicely why...either i just don't feel that way or whatever probably...because that wouldn't be fair to either of us if i just lied and said yes, when i really didn't want to. it hurts of course, but just be gentle.

BREAK UP
anything but face-to-face is horrible. i just broke up with my boyfriend and i got him to meet me somewhere so i could do it in person. it was hard, but its the best way. just sit down and talk...i explained how i was feeling and why i was doing this and whatnot...its hard, but thats the way to do it i think.
KELLYYY
YOU LOVE THEM
I would never tell a guy I "love" him unless I truely love him and I'm going out with him. You can just pull him over to a private place and tell him that you like him. I know, it's hard. I've tried that before. :\
YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
You can say, "No.. I'm sorry. You're a great person, but I just don't feel like going out with you right now." or something like that.
BREAK UP
"I feel that our relationship is not working out right. I have to break up with you.. I'm sorry." or something like that.

Ughh, I'm not good at these stuff. pinch.gif
aznxdreamer
if you wanna break up with them, start crying and say "i dont think we should go out anymore" cry some more until your basically sobbing. then he'll try to comfort you instead of paynig attention to the fact that hes been dumped.

if you wanna say i love you, go up to him and say "i love you" then immediately walk away before he can say anything. he'll run after you ^_^.

if your saying no, say "um..i have a boyfriend".
CrazayChristian
QUOTE(im_s0_sp0ngey @ Jun 29 2005, 1:57 PM)
YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
You can say, "No.. I'm sorry. You're a great person, but I just don't feel like going out with you right now." or something like that.

No no no no no, you say this, and he'll wait. This is saying "I don't like you, but maybe later on, you never know." meaning this guy won't dump his feelings, he'll wait and you won't be off the hook.

TRUTH PEOPLE TRUTH.

if your saying no, say "um..i have a boyfriend".

DAMN IT WHAT DID I JUST SAY!<begin rant= 2 sentences>

7/10 guys will know if you have a boyfriedn before making a move, you say this, and he'll KNOW you're lying to him.

*Runs away before he splodes*
</end rant>
BrokenDream
YOU LOVE HIM
Well.. I wouldn't actually really, honestly tella boy I love him intill I trust him enough or those kind of things. I just say to find a private place and just talk to him.
YOU DON'T WANT TO GO OUT
Gosh.. that's tough. If that boy (or any boy) asks you out that you don't like, I would just say something simple like, "Look, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but, I'm kinda seeing somebody right now..." Not really, what I mean by "seeing" someone is just a saying that you are actually trying to say, "I already like someone else.."
BREAK UP
Arghh! I usually don't like breaking up. But here's what I would say, "Hey, I don't think that this relationship is really working. I'm sorry..."

Hope this helps. _smile.gif
aznxdreamer
QUOTE(CrazayChristian @ Jun 29 2005, 4:46 PM)
No no no no no, you say this, and he'll wait. This is saying "I don't like you, but maybe later on, you never know." meaning this guy won't dump his feelings, he'll wait and you won't be off the hook.

TRUTH PEOPLE TRUTH.
DAMN IT WHAT DID I JUST SAY!<begin rant= 2 sentences>

7/10 guys will know if you have a boyfriedn before making a move, you say this, and he'll KNOW you're lying to him.

*Runs away before he splodes*
</end rant>

okay...then say your gay.
CrazayChristian
It was a joke laugh.gif I'm not really pissed about anything.

Just a joke, just a joke...
technicolour
No don't say you're gay. then some guys will STILL think you're hot.

When you're ready to say I LOVE YOU to someone, you can tell. it should just flow. that is, of course, if you are truly ready.

When you DONT wanna go out with a guy, compliment him, and then say, well, i don't think we could click. something like that.

Break up, make it simple and sweet. Something like we're not working together...etc etc something like that.
sheepy
well, if you love a boy you'll have to know them a lot. so judging from that, that means you guys will be pretty good friends? and since you guys should be pretty neat friends, you'll be able to talk about a lot of things. so maybe when you guys are talking you can say 'hey, guess what?' and all that stuff, and you'll say ' i love you ' =)
well saying no when someone askes me out, ah.. i have a problem with that too. i dont want to hurt their feelings, but maybe you can say, im not very comfortable having a relationship right now? they'll take the hint, and maybe leave you alone.
i think breaking up online is wack. its like the short way out, it kinda means to your partner that, the relationship meant nothing to you. anyways..this is how my ex broke up with me ' i dont think things are working out...' and you can just stand there and see how he reacts. dont walk away.. thats just low. give him time to disgest it and hear what he has to say. hope it helps =]?
Tiffany_Prep_Girl
YOU LOVE THEM
Call him for a pacific place with few people and say in his face everything that u feel, but try be strong and fast.But before, think very well about your feelings and after you go until him and FASTLY tell him all that u feel...but be sincere!
YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
Say NO, or to don't make him feel bad, just say you can't because you like other guy.
BREAK UP
Go until him and look at him and say all you feel, be fast and sincere, say the true and think very well before do that, tell him everything what u feel, like: "I like you, really, but I don't want nothing serious with you...I need want break up, I'm so sorry, but I need...I'm not for you and you're not for me...we can be friends..." <- it really works!
ParanoidAndroid
You Love Them Question:
Never been in love, but when I like someone I say, "I like you."

You Don't to go OUt Question:
I simply say no

You want to break up:
I wanna break up
_sarcastic_
if you want to tell them you love them make sure you mean it when you say it, don't say it just for the sake of saying it

if you want to tell them you don't want to go out be honest and tell them straight. No, i don't want to go out with you. don't lead them on.

telling them that you wanna break up talk face to face, through the phone and internet is just stupid and cowardly. bring them somewhere private not too much people and explain why you want to do this
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
YOU LOVE THEM
hmm...I'm not sure by this one...i just ask them if they like me and for sure they gonna ask me the same them so i say yea.

YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
I just say that I dont feel like having a bf right now or tell them I'll think about it when I dont wanna hurt their feelings.

BREAK UP
I just get someone to tell them for me or I just tell them that I think it's better for us to be friends.
Claudel
OMGLMAO! O.o you gurls ... omfg ... nvm ... -_- c'ya outside ;-)

Ps:think about your teacher 1st ;-)
Paradox of Life
YOU LOVE THEM
During a sincere conversation with him, just say "Hey <name>." "Yeah?" "I love you."
YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT
'No, sorry, but let's still be friends. I just don't feel comfortable about anything more than a friendly relationship at the moment.'
BREAK UP
I find it rude to break up with someone on the phone or online. It just seems insincere. It really depends on how your relationship is going. If it's ending abruptly because of something that is directly offending you, just tell him what's on your mind and probably that'll just end the relationship.

If you just don't feel that close to him anymore, ask to talk to him one on one in a place where he can't be easily distracted. Tell him that you just want to be friends.

Remember, peaceful breakups are always better because even if you aren't going out, you can still have a good friendship. Which is better than a rivalry.
aznhunnie6o1
How you tell someone you love them is.. like.. hang out with them and when the class bell rings, hug him and say it.

How you say no to a person is just say "I'm sorry but I think we're better friends and I don't like you that way.." and offer him a hug.

How you break up with a person is just.. break up with him and.. offer him a hug and say sorry.

Well.. Hugs are great. I love hugs. pinch.gif
mai_z
YOU LOVE THEM

Wait for the right moment (under the stars or something romantic like that) and then say..."I love you"

YOU DONT WANT TO GO OUT

If i'm going out with someone, I can use that as an excuse, but if they're asking me out on a date I use the "sorry i'm busy" line

BREAK UP

Do it face to face...come on....over the internet is so...impersonal. "Sorry, this isn't working out... I think we're better off as friends"
PrettyBrownEyez3
YOU LOVE THEM:

You have to wait for the right moment. Maybe if he's sad or mad, it can be the perfect way to cheer him up. Let it be just the two of you, and look into his eyes and spill how you feel.

YOU DON'T WANT TO GO OUT:

Some guys are just stubborn. The first time they ask, if i'm in a relationship, thats an excuse. Or if you're not, you can just tell them that you're almost in a relationship with someone else, its a complex sotry (confuse them! Lol). Or you can just tell them what i usually do, that you're not really looking for any relationship right now.

BREAK UP:

Just tell the guy what went wrong so they know for future reference. Or if you're not that type of person, you can just tell him that you've been thinking about the relationship a lot lately and either 1- it's not going anywhere/ the way you want, or 2- it's not something that you want right now. You have a lot going on in your life and you just need to take a break from it for now.

Hope that helped happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.